10th Contest - Judging and Other Things

BainIhrno

The contest is about a month away now, or a little more than that, but I think I'm going to go ahead and hire judges now.

The requirement to judge is simply that you have a registered copy of Blades of Avernum. Blades of Exile is free and open-source now, so obtaining a copy shouldn't be too difficult. However, if you want to judge but really can't stand the engine of BoE, let me know and we'll work something out.

There will be two categories in the contest, one will be 'newcomers', or people who are entering for the first time, and there will be one category for the rest. If you have a scenario entered in one of these categories, you are still eligible to judge the rest. My hope is that if you sign up, that you'll stick around to judge the Best Scenario Round.

Your job as a judge will be to score the scenario from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. The top scenario in your category is the winner of the category, and advances to Best Scenario Judging. Any scenario within 80% of the score also advances.

Best Scenario judging is done through a list of best to weakest scenarios out of the ones that advance. If your scenario advances, and you still want to judge Best Scenario, the scores will be computed in such a way that the rankings won't affect your own scenario.

The deadline is December 1st, so if you're judging, you have December 2nd to December 31st to complete the judging. The timeframe for Best Scenario judging will be decided on which and how many scenarios advance to Best Scenario.

Please submit all judging to my Private Message box.

Additionally, I will need a volunteer to make a website where people can download the scenarios in the contest. This is just to make sure judges don't have to run around to find stuff and that we're all playing the right version of the scenario. I no longer have a website, so I can't do this myself.

If you have any questions, please ask. You may sign up in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JMP, you're in. All the scenarios are short, so do you want just the "short" category or newcomers as well?

EDIT: Tyran, when can you have the website up? I know I said you could have it up once the contest started, but I want the scenario authors to be able to verify that they've uploaded the version they want.