Problem with Troglo Castle Mission

Hi everyone

I'm playing Avernum 3 on 'torment' with a single Shaman Warrior. I played the game numerous times before with various teams or single warriors.

Now I encountered the following problem: I entered Castle Troglo with the Sharimik scroll and was thrown into the cell as planned. But when I get information that I can see the King and am returned to the cell I haven't gitten any scroll to read (Troglo History)!

Consequently, when I get to actually see the King, I can't say I have read the scroll and am not given the killing mission!

Why might that be? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help! blush

Regards,

Patrizia

The scroll should either be in the cabinet or out where you can get it with the get command, "g". I know I did it with that type of character about a year ago.

Good luck, it took me hours to move all the loot to outside the gate when I finally got back to Castle Troglo later in the game. I still have stacks of items waiting for me to haul them into town when I'm not pushing the money cap. smile

Hi Randomizer

Oh, I'm such a doofus - the scroll is in my inventory...!!! Stupid me!

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Last time I did the mission with a single character, it took me ages to move all the loot out - and I got tired of it after a while. This time, I have a second character stacked away in Fort Emergence (now in my luxury mansion in Lorelei... :-) with no other task than to move loot out of places.

He isn't equipped with anything (so he goes actually naked - and noone ever said a thing!), but as he doesn't take part in missions and fights he will never be able to carry more than 200 lbs. However, he has proved useful - it takes a few moves less to empty an enemy castle... :-)

See you soon,

Patrizia