magic lockpicks

The walkthrough guide mentions two different places to find magic lockpicks, but I can't find them in either place. Can anyone give a more precise location?

Also, will the lockpicks allow me to get into the portal room in the Burial Glen so I can free the warrior ghost?

I'm playing Romans, thanks.

The walkthrough is probably for original Nethergate which had three different types of lockpicks. As Romans there are two items, nimble gloves and rogue's leather that each increase tool use by 1. Tool use is best for removing traps on boxes.

In the Burial Glen, to get past the difficulty 15 door to luck bracelet +3 and the difficulty 22 door to finish the quest you can use a pass portal scroll from under Galag-Trav, get Rhian as your extra party member in Vanarium to cast pass portal, or increase your strength or tool use in one character to 12 to have a chance of getting through the tougher door.

Wow. I've had that pass portal scroll for ages and I never thought of using it!

So I got the portal room open, and I tried to use it. I got an error saying something like "Party placement: not room for all of you there." Sounds kind of unfair. I only have five people. Is this a bug, or do my characters have to sit on each others' laps?

BTW, the walkthrough does seem to be more accurate than the hint book, which is almost a waste of money. I like to guy Spiderweb hint books because I know I will use hints anyway, and I'd rather give them the cash. Maybe I will start catalogueing errors.

There shouldn't have been an error to get a party through the portal. If there was take the saved game and email it to Jeff. You should be able to get through since there is plenty of room in each of the portal destinations.

Try waiting a few rounds and go into the portal again. There is one one random element that might cause an occasional bug.