(AIMHack) Zombies 2: This Time, It's Personal

Nioca

Quote:
(11:07:51 PM) Nioca: Heh. I'm looking forward to the next Z2 session.
(11:07:57 PM) Sylae: same
(11:08:07 PM) Sylae: any fun surprises in stock?
(11:09:27 PM) Nioca: Well, you'll probably wind up visiting a town/city that isn't described by the "Ghost" adjective. So you'll probably be able to stock up on some important stuff.
(11:09:38 PM) Sylae: yay!
(11:09:43 PM) ***Sylae needs medical crap.
(11:09:53 PM) Nioca: Like food, zombies, water, ammo, more zombies, first aid kits, mutated zombies, cars, even more zombies...
(11:09:58 PM) Sylae: 'specially if Ben keeps up this 'dying' business
(11:10:04 PM) Sylae: aaaaaahhhh i hate you
(11:10:32 PM) Nioca: laugh
(11:11:03 PM) Nioca: 'Course, really, you can stock up on zombies pretty much everywhere, so maybe saying that's redundant. tongue

session-countdown-image.php?title=Z2+Ses

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ 9 hours (or whatever it says above) till the party gets eaten by endless hordes of zombies!

Wait, no, that's not right...

9 hours till the party gets mauled by menacing meandering raiders!

Wait, no, still not right...

9 hours till the party gets devoured by endless menacing hordes of meandering zombie raiders!

There we go. smile

Also, it's in SWZombies2, for anyone who might have forgotten.

----------------------------------------

Originally Posted By: Allison Parker's Daybook
So, after parting ways with that intersting group of six, I headed west. I figured if I can make it to Hawthorne, I can figure out where to go from the safety of an army base. Like all things, it's a task made easier when people don't leap out from behind abandoed buildings in forgotten ghost towns and shoot at you.

*triple post*

The party survived and made it to Vegas!

Next session in tentatively set for Sunday, December 18th. I say tentatively, because two who agreed on it were tentative, and two left before I could propose that date. Everyone, let me know if that works for you!

----------------------------------------

Originally Posted By: Donni Cambridge, Former Cop
Three months ago, I would never have imagined discussing what seasonings go best with rat. Life in a zombified city isn't all it's cut out to be, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
I have three finals on the 19th so I can't make it.
Hey! Get your priorities together! Zombies! teaches you valuable life skills, when the world succumbs this campaign will be the reason we survive!

What do finals do for you, other than help you become successful and have a good life? tongue

Well, I was hoping to avoid this, but since Excalibur can't make Sunday (the 18th), the means the session will have to be pushed back.

How far back, you ask?

Why, all the way back to January 1st, 2012. I'd schedule it on Christmas, but I learned my lesson from trying to schedule it near Halloween. Besides, zombies just aren't as threatening when they're in little Santa hats. tongue

Hopefully, that works for everyone, and I'm sorry I couldn't schedule it sooner.

It's the day of Christmas Eve. You know what that means? It's time for a Yule Log! Now in HTML!

And quotes!

Click to reveal.. (Stuffing your stocking with quotes!)
Nathan: "We are not going to rob him. Unless of course he tries to rob us first. Then all bets are off."

Tocmetone: "Horses never pour out smoke!"

(Rowen): (If this was WoW, James would have a big "!" over his head and just giving us a quest.)

Tocmetone: "Oh dear...they're about as stealthy as angry bears in the New York Stock Exchange."

James: "And what on earth would a leader, who would presumably be needed to lead, be doing off in the arse-end of Nevada with a broken-down step van?"

Larry: "Ben, I've had to put you back together how many times? You're in no position to make 'good idea' calls"

(Nioca): (What is it with people critting being the distraction?)

Ben: "One bottle of water says that the meanest of the zombies stayed behind to eat any looters we left behind."

(Sylae): (for the love of god, at least make sure to pick up my boxes when you pick up my carcass. I may not live but by god if i do i want my random pharmaceuticals.)

Gordon (Nalyd): "Shoot me. I wanna see what this feels like."

----------

But wait! There's more! I can't send you guys Christmas presents, but I can send Gordon AND Ben perks!

Gordon receives:

Click to reveal.. (Reckless Abandon)
Reckless Abandon

Self-preservation is for wimps. Whenever Gordon's HP dips below the 50% mark, he gains a +1 to Melee Attacks and Physical Checks, and +1CRIT on all melee weapons.

Ben receives:

Click to reveal.. (Die Another Day)
Die Another Day

To Ben, dying has almost become routine. He bleeds out at a slower rate, and, once per day, an improved or critted major surgery check is capable of bringing him back up to 2HP without side-effects.

----------

Also, since it's been a while, and since we've still got some time until the 1st, I'd like to do a quick inventory check/refresher. Below are what I have on your guys' inventories. I'd like you to look it over and make sure it matches up with what you have noted; if something doesn't match up (an item missing off the list, wrong amount of an item, etc.), please let me know.

Click to reveal.. (TOCMETONE)
--Leather Chaps [+1AC]

--Hubcap Shield [+2FAC]

--Shirt & Jeans

--Leather Belt, Boots, Gloves

--Cowboy Hat & Bandana

--Desert Eagle [Large Caliber Pistol: 5Dmg -2HIT1H 0/8LrgCal]

--Pistol [3Dmg 5/10SmCal]

--Machete [3Dmg Slash]

--2 Tomahawks [2Dmg Slash Throw]

--Whistle

--Canteen [0/2 Water]

--Compass

--Leather Satchel

SPARE AMMUNITION

--5 Small Caliber Bullets

SATCHEL

--Leather Saddle

--7 Cans of Soup [7 Food]

--2 2-Liters Soda [4 Pseudowater]

Click to reveal.. (NATHAN)
--Jeans, Black Tee, Sneakers, Socks

--Black & Green Windbreaker

--Green Baseball Cap & Aviators

--Pistol [3Dmg 3/10SmCal]

--Pistol [3Dmg 10/10SmCal]

--Steak Knife [1Dmg Slash]

--Captive Bolt Pistol [6Dmg +1CRIT; 3xDmg on CRIT; 1/1Pneum]

--Flashlight [99%; 2 C-Batteries]

--Small Lockpicks

--Backpack

BACKPACK

--Box of Matches [10]

--Spare Shirt

--Binoculars

--Bottle of Vodka [2/2 Alcohol]

--Water Bottle [0/1 Water]

Click to reveal.. (GORDON)
--Reinforced Jerkin [+1AC, SlashDR 1/-]

--Football Helmet [bluntDR 1/-]

--Solar Watch

--T-Shirt, Hoodie, Sweatpants, Boots

--Blackjack [4Dmg Blunt]

--Crowbar [3Dmg Blunt]

--Pocket Knife [1Dmg Slash]

--Lighter [100%]

--Multitool w/ openers & screwdriver

--Truck Keys [Red Pickup]

--Large Backpack

SPARE AMMUNITION

--13 Arrows

PACK

--Flashlight [100%]

--Laptop

--Spare Laptop Battery [100%]

--USB Connector

--Firestarter

--5 Unlabeled Food Cans [5 Food]

--1 Packages of Ramen [1 Food]

--2 portions of Juniper Berries [2 Food]

--2-Liter Bottle [0/2 Water]

--Recurve Bow [4Dmg AP -2HIT]

Click to reveal.. (LARRY)
--Leather Jerkin [+1 AC]

--Shirt, Pants, Lab Coat

--Wooden Board [2H 3Dmg Blunt]

--Truck Keys [brown Camper Pickup]

--Revolver [4Dmg 2/6SmCal FRLoad]

--SMG [6Dmg 4Brst 0/20SmaCal]

--Car Keys [Missing Cadillac]

--Wallet, ID, $600

--First Aid Kit

--Pack

SPARE AMMUNITION

--12 Small Caliber Bullets

FIRST AID KIT

--0 Bandages

--0 Sutures

--Bottle of Rubbing Alcohol [33%]

--Hand Soap [60%]

--Aspirin [2 Doses; +2THP, -1DR]

PACK

--Box of 8 Granola Bars [4 Food]

--3 Candy Bars [1 Food]

--Canteen [2/2 Water]

--Bottle of Water [0/1 Water]

Click to reveal.. (BEN)
--Jeans, T-Shirt, Windbreaker

--Tattered Ballistic Vest [PierceDR 1/Non-Firearms]

--Socks & Hiking Shoes

--Automatic Carbine [8Dmg 4Brst 8/20Rifle NoCloseRangePenalty]

--Hammer [2Dmg Blunt]

--Key Chain w/ Keys to Ben's House

--Backpack

--Bag

SPARE AMMUNITION

--20 Rifle Rounds

BACKPACK

--Socks, T-Shirt, Pants

--2 Drinking Glasses

--Large Wrench [3Dmg Blunt]

--5 Forks [0Dmg Pierce]

--2 Steak Knives [1Dmg Slash]

--Cell Phone [Dead]

--Lantern [90%]

--Blanket

--Assorted Cutlery [2 Teaspoons, 8 Tble spoons, 6 Butter Knives, 7 Plastic Sporks]

--Short Length of Hose

Click to reveal.. (BROWN PICKUP)
--5 Gallon Gas Can [5/5 Gasoline]

--Pickup Truck Engine

--Vehicle Starter Battery

--Misc. Engine Components

--2 Truck Tires

--Truck Jack

--Assortment of Dirty Blankets

--Large Pots and Pans

--5-Gallon Water Bottle [5/5 Gasoline]

--Double-Barreled Shotgun [8Dmg +6HIT, 0/2Shell, FRLoad]

--3 Water Bottles [0/3 Water]

--2 Cans Chicken [2 Food]

--Spider Wrench

--Fishing Rod

--Tackle Box

--3 1-Gallon Water Jugs [12/12 Water]

--16 Cans assorted produce [16 Food]

--Kerosene Lamp

--Emergency AM/FM Radio

Originally Posted By: Raibert Grines, Raider
People just don't get it. It ain't a civilization anymore; the only law out here is survival, and it says only the strong survive.

According to my notes the following items are also in the following places:

-1 spare pneumatic canister (aside from the one loaded in the captive bolt pistol) on Nathan's person.

-A set of binoculars in Nathan's backpack.

-A bottle of vodka in Nathan's backpack.

-An empty water bottle in Nathan's backpack (which looks like it was moved to the truck; I would prefer it stay in Nathan's pack).

-An emergency radio in the truck.

-A kerosene lamp in the truck.

Excalibur: Noted.

Earles: Yeah, the water bottle was moved to the truck; I moved it back. The lamp and radio have been added to the truck as well, and the binoculars and vodka have been added to Nathan's pack. However, I triple-checked the pneumatic canisters: You started with three total, fired one shot during Session 2's Apache battle, then fired another during Session 3's zombie swarm. Both missed. So you have one left.

We're two days out, and I have some bad news. To the best of my knowledge, Sylae has completely dropped off the internet for as-of-yet unknown reasons. He missed the last Abyss session, and I strongly suspect he'll probably miss the upcoming Zombies 2 session. We're pushing ahead anyway; unless someone else has a conflict, the next session is still January 1st. And yes, that means you're going to be without a medic, so try not to die this time around, eh? wink

Depending on what I hear (or don't hear) about the situation, I may be opening up slots for one or two new characters next session to replace Larry.

Here's hoping everything's alright in Sylae's life, and that we hear from him soon.

Originally Posted By: Allison Parker's Daybook
So here I am, stuck in the middle of the desert with a bullet-riddled truck and a bunch of dead raiders. I am not looking forward to walking back to Lund, but who knows? Maybe it's for the best.

...maybe not. Something's come up on this end that pretty much nixes the entire evening. So, no session tonight, and sorry for the short notice. frown

In addition, while I'd normally be more patient, there has been absolutely zero word from Sylae. So unless I get something out of him within the next few days, it seems that Larry is indeed out of the campaign until further notice.

There is some good news: I'm re-opening character submissions. To any spectators who want in on Zombies 2, there are now TWO (2) slots open for new characters. To enter, simply PM me a Level 3 character as per the Zombies rules. It does not have to be a finalized character; inventory and backstory can be worked on after submitting the character. And as per usual, characters from the original Zombies are welcome. A link to the core rules, and the changes for this system, can be found in the opening post.

I'm not setting a deadline this time around, but I'm eying the 14th or 15th for the next session, so it'd be really awesome if I could get submissions before that date.

Thank you for your patience, and hopefully things pick up a bit now that we're getting out of the holiday season. Happy new year! smile

• 2 weeks later...

frown

Well this is getting kind of disheartening. I currently have zero entrants for the two empty slots. In addition, only two people responded to the inventory check or perk awards. Both combined, it's starting to raise some serious questions.

Is there still interest in this campaign? I don't want to just bandy on, dragging a bunch of bored players along behind me. So I guess I'm asking the players here: do you guys still want to play, or should I bring the campaign to a close? Would you still be interested in playing even if we were down to just four characters? And is there something I should be doing differently in the campaign?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Is there still interest in this campaign?
Are you kidding? I'm goin' through zombie withdrawal over here. Must kill zombies! tongue

Would you still be interested in playing even if we were down to just four characters?
I'd be okay with it, though I must confess myself somewhat perplexed. With all the people who are obviously interested in joining a campaign and with a campaign that has twice now called for new characters, why has no one stepped up?

I am still very much interested in playing.
Originally Posted By: Thin Gypsy Thief
I definitely still want to play.
Originally Posted By: Rowen
I am ready to get shot in the name of killing zombies.
Originally Posted By: B.J.Earles
I'm goin' through zombie withdrawal over here. Must kill zombies! tongue
smile

Glad to hear it. In the interest of trying to make sure we've got more than four characters, I'm setting the date of the next session at January 21st (Saturday) at the usual 7:00 PM EST.. The 22nd will serve as a fall-back date in case the 21st falls through for some reason.

In a way, this sort-of hiatus we went through is appropriate; Chapter 1 of Z2 just finished, and Chapter 2 is about to begin.

Would you still be interested in playing even if we were down to just four characters?
I'd be okay with it, though I must confess myself somewhat perplexed. With all the people who are obviously interested in joining a campaign and with a campaign that has twice now called for new characters, why has no one stepped up?
You aren't the only one. Sarachim mentioned something along the same lines as Excalibur, that the call out has only been in this thread (and in my signature). I don't want to just spam announcements everywhere, but I think what I'll do is (non-disruptively) bring it up at the next Abyss session. There'll be a lot of people there, and hopefully a few will be interested.

Hm. Maybe we should advertise in the Frontiers of Darkness thread. tongue
...Sylae's gonna kill me once he gets back, but that's a good idea. I think I'll do that.

You aren't the only one. Sarachim mentioned something along the same lines as Excalibur, that the call out has only been in this thread (and in my signature). I don't want to just spam announcements everywhere, but I think what I'll do is (non-disruptively) bring it up at the next Abyss session. There'll be a lot of people there, and hopefully a few will be interested.

For future reference, I'm okay with people using the metathread to make announcements like this, if you need to reach an audience outside your current players.

Originally Posted By: Lilith

For future reference, I'm okay with people using the metathread to make announcements like this, if you need to reach an audience outside your current players.

...for a small fee tongue

January 24th (Saturday) at the usual 7:00 PM EST.

In the year 2012, January 24th is a Tuesday with the 28th being a Saturday. I can't make the 28th as my wife told me I have to take her out that night for her birthday and I fear her more then I ever will any zombie.

...I need a new calendar. I meant the 21st and 22nd. Fixed.

I can't make the 28th as my wife told me I have to take her out that night for her birthday and I fear her more then I ever will any zombie.
Hmmm... *jots down 'zombie wife' in z2 notes*

Don't worry about it; crap happens. That said, yeah, the party most definitely needs a medic.

Spots are still open, so anyone who's interested just needs to drop me a PM. But that's not why I'm making this post. I'm making it because I got the Core Rules ported over to the AIMHack Wiki. It's a little messy, but it's up, and it covers both the original rules plus some of the little revisions I've made.

January 21st (Saturday) at the usual 7:00 PM EST.
We're still on for this date. I'm closing character submissions precisely 24 hours before the start of the session. So if you're looking to submit a character, it's now or never.

Speaking of which, I've got news that the party will be relieved to hear: You're getting a new medic. (The exact details are still getting hammered out, so no charsheet yet)

See you Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if it's alright with you guys, I'd like to reschedule. In going over some of my notes I had prepared for the session, I found an issue in the main encounter I had that's slightly problematic (in much the same way that the A-Bomb was slightly problematic for Hiroshima). Long story short and spoiler free, I really screwed up, and would have wound up likely TPK'ing the party by mistake.

Add in the fact that I've been trying to nurse one of my cats back to health for the past couple of days and am completely bloody exhausted, and... yeah. No session tonight. frown

I'm very sorry for the short notice, but on the bright side, it'll give me the opportunity to do the log that I completely forgot about. I think, considering the amount of time that's passed since the campaign first started, I'd like to do a calendar to see which days regularly work for the party.

*bump*

So... I don't like to nag, but we do still need a calendar for this thing.
Yes. I've been taking the opportunity to do some housecleaning of my notes and such on this end. I'll have a calendar up shortly.

EDIT: And here it is! Note that this calendar is a bit different; I'm not checking whether you're available on specific dates, but rather checking which days you're regularly available, and at what times on those days.

Hate to say this, but I realize now that I absentmindedly submitted an inaccurate calendar. I resubmitted it (I'm not done with class on Friday until 8:15 PM EST). My apologies. frown
Originally Posted By: Cabadath
Re-calendered
Oy vey.

Okay, so looking at my calendar with these new results... I've got nothing. Friday's pretty much gone down in flames, which, according to the calendar, leaves half-past-never as a possible time. Which means one of two things. Either this campaign is coming to an abrupt end due to scheduling dead-lock, or we're going to have to get flexible.

Now, we've got a couple near-misses we can go for: Sunday at 8PM EST, or Saturday at 7PM EST. Which means we're aiming either for March 3rd or March 4th for the next session. If those two are impossible, it's looking like March 10th or March 11th. Let me know if any of those dates work ASAP.