Nethergate - 9.04 (10.0/8.0)

Well, lookie here! We forgot Nethergate. I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, I love the spells, the plot, the subquests and the humor (I loved the talking skull and what happens if you refuse to give up the eye when you play as the Romans), and the originality; and on the other hand, the gameplay is very unbalanced at times, some things are just too odd (puzzle box, Sylak's trash, etc.), and some areas have too much combat (The Valleys of Annwn, for example).

EDIT : Whoops, forgot the score. So, um, 8.5.

It's been a while since I've played this, so my memory would be fuzzy I think my score would be an 8. I agree with Lurker about all the likable things in the game, plus I'm a history nut, so I think about Romans and pee my pants. laugh Anyway.... the only things that bugged me were the (both understandable but annoying nonetheless) lack of good magic and women players on the Roman side.

9.7. It has atmosphere, it has plot, it has humor, and it has a few very fun battles. It introduced a new engine that I like a lot.

Nethergate is good gaming.

—Alorael, who now has to consider the fact that he isn't sure he prefers Nethergate to A2 but rated Nethergate higher than A2. Don't question too much.

The gameplay started lagging after Anwnn, but compared to all other SW games that lag immediately after the registration barrier, this one is a massive improvement. Decent graphics, new engine, awesome spell circle system, etc... Oh, and but the replayability! An absolute favorite. Worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Quote:
Originally written by Sibling Reconciliation Bereavement:
But why isn't it on a BoE system where you can download it once you've registered?
I'm fairly certain that it is, now. It just wasn't originally.
It was when I bought it. As with BoE, however, you are still required to buy the CD. I'll give it a 9.8, since it's Spiderweb's best game ever. It has amazing replay value.

I'd give it an 8.5

Its a good game, and it does bring back yet more of my memories.

I never got the registered version, but from the demo, I'm pretty sure it was a decent game.

My score rests at 8.5, and will stay that way.

To Nethergate, a classice game, which represented the first 3D game spidweb game.