Best puns and jokes.

Trenton.

@Actaeon,

I apologize for misreading your intent, but you leave such tempting tidbits, I just can't resist.

@Master1; The correlation comes from the comic strip known as "Peanuts", by the greatest, IMHO, cartoonist George Shultz. In this strip there are a brother and sister named Linus and Lucy Vanpelt. Lucy is a rather bossy person who always wants her way, else "I'm gonna pound you", or "I'll slug you." When I saw those two words in Aloreal's post, for some strange, mysterious reason that not even I understand, I linked that to the comic strip. To finish off the verse, the main character of the comic strip was a personification of George Shultz's memories of his own childhood, Charlie Brown, who was drawn having no hair.

@all, I appreciate your remarks, I truly do. But I never know for certain who will complain and who will not. Most of the hard core science group seems to appreciate my inverted sense of humor. The title of this thread serves as a warning to those who don't like what I do with the language.

"There's a sign post ahead. You are now entering the Twilight Zone." It may just as well be titled "Harehunters Hideout for Hideous Humor".

By the way, it appears that no one has looked at my last Numbers post. I will continue this thought back over there since there no pun to cover.

@Miramor, I absolutely love that! It reminds me of my Dad.

When ever I needwood, I lumber over to the yard, and pick out some deadwood. I try not to select any knotwood, because it weakens the structure. Also I make sure I select norwood for the north side, southwood for the south side, westwood for the west side, and Eastwood when I need a Dirty Harey. (Sorry Clint.)

I almost punned on a very serious thread, regarding the use of non-gender specific pronouns. The conversation is getting quite tangled, like a spiders web around your face when you unwittingly step through it. But again, this is the Spider Webs demesne. I know this is no great pun, but the gravity of the topic at hand deserves complete seriousness.

As to the topic under discussion, I will watch how it evolves and abide by the consensus.

Rats, Cats, and dirty little Bats!!!

How could I have forgette Garfield??

And Schrodingers cat who also appeared in a Robert Heinlien book, "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls".

Or Cdr. Data's cat, "Spot".

HisRoyalCatness.jpg

And how could I ever forget His Royal Catness, Jo.

I_Gots_Me_A_Tigger.jpg This was when he was just a bitty kitty.

• 4 weeks later...

I've not been able to spend much time here, and didn't want you to feel that I was ignoring you.

With that in mind I present you a sampling from my inbox. This is the sort of fan mail I get. Maybe they're trying to hint that I need to improve my repertoire.

Click to reveal..

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.

When chemists die, they barium.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.

We’re going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

I didn't like my beard at first Then it grew on me.

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

When you get a bladder infection urine trouble.

Broken pencils are pointless.

I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.

Velcro — what a rip off!

A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.

Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!

The earthquake in Washington obviously was the government's fault.

I can't say I love the list above, but I will say they are a big step above the puns Harehunter usually posts. Unlike the usual suspects, the puns above are not completely arbitrary puns posted "just because"... here, there is one pun word that links two different ideas, both present in the sentence. The usual suspects tend to play off one idea and not link to anything else, which is also why we sometimes get a flood of them in one sentence rather than one pun showing up, once in a blue moon, when it fits in quite elegantly and humorously.

So, while I agree with Dantius's sentiment, I will also say these do not hurt as much.

Originally Posted By: !Trenton.
I want to hear them because...Well I do, so don't argue with me >.> I like to laugh, so let me hear them. I excpect to see harehunter making great puns about the situation too >.>

Here's on for ya...

There's only one reason why i man WOULDN'T want to speak with his wife...

so he can't interupt her.

Hello y'all, I appreciate the critiques, and I will pass them on to the contributor. You have profoundly made the case that I do indeed need to polish my repertoire. Now where did I put that can of Brasso?

P.S. I trolled the thread about Scrubs, and felt no need to spam it there, since, like someone else had posted, I've never watched the show so I have no comment.

P.P.S. I am not commenting on the show, I'm just commenting about those who felt they had to comment.

P.P.P.S. I think I'd better stop here. I'm already finding myself in a twisty maze with passages all alike.

• 3 weeks later...

A hillbilly family was so proud when their son had been accepted at a university with a full scholarship. It seemed that at last one of them would be educated enough to get a good paying job in town. After the first year of school, the son came home for a visit.

His pappy asked him "Well, you've to school for a year now. What have you learned?"

The son proudly stated the first thing that came to mind. "I've learned to calculate pi r squared."

Well, the old man came completely unglued. "That has to be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Everybody knows that pie are round, cornbread are square."

At Texas A&M University, there has been a long tradition of poking fun at themselves. In fact there was published a series of 101 Aggie Jokes. Or we can consider the Jeff Foxworthy and the Blue Collar Comedy team, who have received high accolades for their take on rednecks, mostly from rednecks themselves. When Jeff quips "If you have to mow the grass in your driveway, you may be a redneck.", people laugh because they have done it, myself included.

I do appreciate that ethnic jokes are a doubled edged sword. I would never try to use a joke that Chris Rock gets away with. And George Lopez wouldn't either, but he can pick on a different group of people that I dare not touch. Just an observation.

Most people reading this have no idea what ethnicity you are, Harehunter, or what other demographic groups you belong to. If you think jokes that showcase stereotypes about categories of people are tasteful in your private life, that's your business, but this is not the place for them.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Most people reading this have no idea what ethnicity you are, Harehunter, or what other demographic groups you belong to. If you think jokes that showcase stereotypes about categories of people are tasteful in your private life, that's your business, but this is not the place for them.

He has posted pictures, correct? So the information is publicly available...

Jokes, and name, aside, it's quite hard to tell if someone meets the nebulous definition of a redneck from photos.

—Alorael, who is the last of his kind. He can make ethnic jokes and there's no one left to offend but himself. There's also no one left who would get them, though. Very sad.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
surely that depends on whether the photos are in colour and depict the neck
Originally Posted By: Land of One Thousand Punches
Jokes, and name, aside

—Alorael, who could have made this post contain no original material. In the interests of avoiding spam, he tacked on this verbose but not otherwise especially helpful signature. Sometimes a little thought and a little effort go a long way.