Where do you fall on the Political Compass?

Goldengirl

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
This is my serious face helmet.

helmet.jpg?

Fascinating: I purposely pick out and take the "Yes, I am the Spanish Inquisition" options to counterbalance the "Yes, I am Hitler" options. :-p

I didn't expect YOU!

Originally Posted By: Dantius
[6.971, 1.55]

You're going to make me use my converter? tongue ([0.144961, 6.969493] in cartesian, for reference.)

(Your map doesn't include Cairo Jim yet.)

No, no: sleep is an emergency function that occurs when you reach the "low power" state; but it can be put off indefinitely by constantly recharging with fuel like coffee, soda, or a good cup of tea.

"Not online" is actually called "Offline", and that's what happens when you die.

The Silent Assassin is currently "Away", leaving a message saying that he's hiding from Franky the Hot Dog Man somewhere in Siberia.

I am certain that this is a misdirection. He is, in reality, "unavailable": the missus saw him climb into the trunk of a neighbor's car.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Cairo Jim
I've got my map saved to my desktop if you want me to send it?

No, you've posted your results and that's enough. (Arancaytar just thinks Dantius can magically update his image when he's not online.)

Dikiyoba.

I magically updated it with paint, because for whatever reason the UI for creating a new chart requires you to re-input every single prior datapoint, and Paint requires you to draw a circle and a text box.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Does this measure the U.S. notion of left/right or on the broader global notion of left right?

From the site's FAQ:

Some of the propositions are culturally biased.

Right. That's why the Compass is being promoted in western democracies. We don't pretend that, for example, the responses of a citizen of a rural region of China can undergo the same evaluation process.

My ideal government has an opinion on as few things as possible. Also, there are a lot of questions of the form "A is better than B", which I responded with "Disagree", because the statement isn't always true. But if the statement said "B is better than A", I would still respond with "Disagree".

I noticed that as well. There are too many questions on that poll where I would rather have had a "It depends on the individual circumstances." I guess that attitude is what has earned me a place on several juries.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Well, you know what they say about jury selection.

Actually, I looked forward to being called on to serve my public duty, probably for the same reason I volunteered for military service. I found the experience quite educational. I have regrettably had to defer from jury duty because of my Parkinson's, but now that it is under control, I look forward to serving again.

That is what the lawyer wanted if you read the full text from I think it was the third Fuzzy book. The defense lawyer fought long and hard to prevent the exclusion of his 12 moronic jurors so he would have a group that could be easily dazzled with his words and fail to convict.

Lawyers don't want impartial jurors or ones that will consider the circumstances. They want jurors that will give the lawyer's preferred outcome.

Originally Posted By: Aranophobia
You're going to make me use my converter? tongue ([0.144961, 6.969493] in cartesian, for reference.)

So after a second year of vector conversion (last year was Calc BC, this year is AP Physics), I hate the thought of converting. At least Dantius uses radians...

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Master1
Do you prefer cylindrical or spherical coordinates for your three-dimensional map?

Spherical, since the "r" value for a 2-D plane could be interpreted as the level of political "extremism" (for lack of a better word), so since it's a useful metric it should be preserved into 3 dimensions as well- which cylindrical would not do.

That's actually a very well-reasoned explanation for a very smart-*$$ joke.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
That is what the lawyer wanted if you read the full text from I think it was the third Fuzzy book. The defense lawyer fought long and hard to prevent the exclusion of his 12 moronic jurors so he would have a group that could be easily dazzled with his words and fail to convict.

Lawyers don't want impartial jurors or ones that will consider the circumstances. They want jurors that will give the lawyer's preferred outcome.

Actually, I fear you may be hitting too close to the mark. Having gone through eight voire dires, here is my impression. Prosecutors do attempt to get fair minded people who will rule on the facts. To lose on appeal because of jury bias is not an appealing risk. Defense lawyers look for people who may be sympathetic to their case. And all bets are off in a civil trial, especially on high priced class action suits.