Avernum 3 Troglo Question by a Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new here, so I hope you are all patient with me. As I saw that some of you are real experts I hope you can help me with a problem I encountered.

I enjoy Avernum 3 right now, doing it it at 'torment' in a Single Woman on a Mission version for a change (did it before twice with a 'traditional' four character team). It's fun! (But I get slaughtered A LOT crazy).

Now I've got a problem: I finished the Troglo Mission, slaughtering the high priest and leaving Castle Troglo through the secret passage as planned. I have done many other things now and wanted to return to finish off King Vothkaro (I wasn't strong enough after finishing off the high priest).

No I find I can't enter Castle Troglo anymore! There are runes at the main entrance I can't cross and I couldn't find any other entrance. Is there any way I can enter Castle Troglo again?

I'm really confused because I can't remember not being able to enter Castle Troglo after leaving through the secret exit the other times I played the game.

Can anyone help?

Regards, Patrizia

You have to wait until you complete the section with the Giants that gets you a map to a tunnel leading to the barriers between the Giants and Troglodytes. After the barriers are destroyed you can reenter Castle Troglo through the Giant Caves whenever you like.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You won't notice your frustrations at all the steps you need to do before you can slaughter at will.

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Quote:
Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You won't notice your frustrations at all the steps you need to do before you can slaughter at will.

What did poor Will do that he needs to be slaughtered at?

my Uncle Will got 24 purple hearts when he served in the army all friendly fire.

Oh, it's a poor play on a post from earlier in the thread.

See, this is what the "quote" button is for - using that, the reader of your post will get a much clearer idea of what it is you are referring to. It's pretty good practice to use that, unless you're contributing a totally new idea to the thread, since it helps everybody keep track of who is saying what in relation to whom.

Originally Posted By: Basically
Oh, it's a poor play on a post from earlier in the thread.

See, this is what the "quote" button is for - using that, the reader of your post will get a much clearer idea of what it is you are referring to. It's pretty good practice to use that, unless you're contributing a totally new idea to the thread, since it helps everybody keep track of who is saying what in relation to whom.

there's no need to be so sarcastic and condescending, a simple reminder about quotes would have done the trick just as well

Quote:
there's no need to be so sarcastic and condescending, a simple reminder about quotes would have done the trick just as well

I wasn't being sarcastic, and I'm sorry if my post came across as condescending - I was just trying to say something politely and clearly: it was as much a reminder to you as it was to other members who may not speak the best English. No offence was meant.

Harehunter: this is why you only quote the last person, not the entire conversation. tongue

Originally Posted By: Basically
Harehunter: this is why you only quote the last person, not the entire conversation. tongue

That is what I do frequently, and only include the text to which I am referring. Sometimes I don't, because I am just posting to the last comment.

BTW, I had no control over the pun-tree. I just planted the seed, and the blooming thing grew on its own. Speaking of pun-trees, I think I'll go raid mine to see what there is to eat for breakfast.

Originally Posted By: Flame Fiend
Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Speaking of pun-trees, I think I'll go raid mine to see what there is to eat for breakfast.
Why would you have to raid your own pun-tree?

Some people have a closet-like space where they keep food, called a pantry.

I know that sometimes my jokes are a bit of a stretch sometimes, but I grew up playing a "dictionary game" with my mother; she would hear a word she didn't know, and would ask me. If I knew, I would tell her. More often than not, I did not know, so therefore I got to go look it up in the unabridged Websters Dictionary we had, and then I had to go back and tell my mom. We made a few interesting discoveries during the course of that game.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
"Barney" replaced all the fun cartoons we got to watch with car chases and simulated violence. *sigh* Kids don't know what they are missing,

"I love you,
you love me,
We're a happy family..."

Curse you Purple Dragon! Now my head rings with tunes of inanity!

There was an issue of the Vamperella comic where an imp was channel surfing and when he saw Barney the imp destroyed the TV set and said something about not letting Barney taking him back. smile

@Harehunter - You just need to drive it out with something else to fill the void.