BoA...

samurai56

First of all, if you're not registered, you can't download scenarios. If you are registered here are the installation instructions.

Download an adventure by clicking on its name. If you're using a Macintosh, select a scenario from Macintosh column, and if you're using Windows, select a scenario from the Windows column. If your web browser asks, tell it to save the file to disk.

3. The scenarios are compressed for fast downloading. Your browser should be smart enough to unpack them for you. (If not, you can use StuffIt Expander (on a Mac) or WinZip (on Windows) to uncompress it.) You will now have a folder containing the scenario.

4. Drag the scenario folder into the Blades of Avernum Scenarios folder, which is in your Blades of Avernum folder. (Drag the whole folder, don't take the files it contains out of it.) NOTE: You should not put more then 30 scenarios in the Blades of Avernum Scenarios folder because inside the game no more then 30 scnearios can be listed.

5. Launch the game Load a party that isn't currently in a scenario and select Enter Scenario. You can use the arrow keys at the bottom of the adventure selection window to flip to your new adventure. Enjoy!

6. After you've played the scenario, you can give us feedback on the Scenario Review Page. We don't have time to test every scenario we get. If a scenario is too buggy to be playable, please let us know, so that we can remove it!

I don't know why its crashing, but I do know that you have to use the import BoE scenario function in the BoA editor to turn it into a readable document for BoA, however, you still have to fix the scenario so that it runs properly(edit terrain and such) and then it is possible to play the scenario with BoA.

Well, yes, but what exactly are you doing? What is causing the crash? Are you using the Import Blades of Exile Scenario command in the Blades of Avernum Scenario Editor, which hardly seems like "copying files"? And if you are, why? Do you know that porting scenarios into something playable is a lot of work? What does the editor do when it crashes? Are you aware that at least four scenarios have been ported already, so it's definitely possible to port?

In short, what on Earth are you talking about?

okay,maybe i need to explain more.....

Well,at the begininning,when i turn on the editor,it says that it cant find graphic 2000,or something.I think this is a problem that a lot of people have,but i don't know how to fix it.Yes,i know porting a scenario takes work,but it can't be that hard,right?And yes,i'm using that import button.

This error most likely means that you have the editor in the wrong place. If you have a Mac, the editor belongs in the Blades of Avernum Files folder. If you have a PC, the editor belongs in the Blades of Avernum Data folder, I think. If moving the editor to one of those places doesn't fix the problem, post the exact error message, when it occurs, and what your operating system is.

Porting really is that hard. You have to debug all of the specials over again -- which is no small task in itself -- and rewrite much of the dialogue, as well as (obviously) redoing all of the custom graphics.

Also, spaces after your punctuation would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

wait a second...i haven't been able to use it,and,now that i did,it doesn't work in the data file! the error occurs when i turn the editor on,and it says it can't find graphic 2000,and to make sure the editor is in the data folder. it also says to make sure the graphics are "where they should be",wherever that is.when i press ok,it says:"the editor was unable to find and open the file warriorgrove.bas. until the file is restored,you will not be able to make a new scenario with warrior's grove in it". it crashes after i try to open my scenario. it says"unhandled exception:c0000005 at address: 0042fd58". and my operating system? windows xp professinal.