Neray The Smuggler

FightCat

Neray the Smuggler if you first get the quest from Abi in Avadon's garden by the dining hall sends you to Tartam the Tanner in the Kva Lands. You need to get the quest to find Neray for her to appear in the Wretch Warrens south of the mine entrance. Then she retreats to the Jhereth Deeps.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Then you will understand that the games require you to do things in order. Unless you are playing Exile where you can just kill them all and worry about quests later.

Originally Posted By: FightCat
None of the map files are available and I'm still stuck with that Neray.

Anyone else have trouble with that link? It still works for me.

@FightCat: I'm confused. You said earlier in the thread that you had already met Neray in the Wretch Warrens. Was that accurate? Did you fight her minions there while she escaped? If not, you still need to do that.

If you can't view the map for some reason, just go to the Warrens and hold down the Tab key to see the full zone map. Areas you haven't explored will not be shaded in, so it should be possible to see what you've missed. Neray is in a sort of cave in the center of the southern part of the map. There is a trapdoor and a secret door nearby, with a passage to the back door of the wretch lair.

@The Turtle Moves

Yes I had said that I had already met her, because I was sure I came across with two texts implying somebody in shades trying to escape etc. Yet I always bear a drop of doubt so I double-checked the area.

There are no unexplored areas of the map. I actually am an obsessive map fog hunter, I reveal as much of the map as I can by almost walking past the trees as if my party are a bunch of nutcase treehumpers.

I travelled whole Wretch Warrens over- and underground, revisited Jethren -no trapdoors

@Earth Empires

I've seen and suspected that part of the map but I can't see a way or a switch to open such a way to there.

How to ?

The map EE showed you is of the first place you meet Neray and it is in the Kva. Between Wretches and Tartam there's a short closed path leading North West, where it ends there's a hidden switch and the path continues until the place showed in EE map.

If you didn't access this place first you will not find any trapdoor in Jereth Deeps.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I completed this quest (killed Neray and told Tartam) but when I reported back to Abi in Avadon, my only option was to tell him that someone besides Tartam was selling the arms. He replied "I suppose you will tell me no more information" and that was it. There was no opportunity to tell him about Neray. Did I miss a step?

• 1 year later...

lmao

ok i registered here just to post in this thread

i have been unable to find neray after many hours playing, so i wrote up this whole detailed post, and just before i submitted it i went back and talked to tartum just to see what he had told me the other jillion times i tried talking to him to see if anything had changed regarding neray and voilà the quest suddenly completes!

i have no idea when or where i killed her, except that it was sometime after she escaped in the warrens. which is weird bc ive kept my eyes peeled for her this whole time. as far as i know, that second trapdoor in jhereth (nor neray) never showed up either. not sure if i got all the loot or not, he opens his sw storeroom and theres one chest in there, forgot what was in it already but it wasnt a ton

oh well, i guess ill try to figure it out the next playthrough. in the meantime, heres my now obsolete post, in case you want to laugh at me even more lol

Hello. My name is Meathead. And I'm a Neray the Smuggleraholic.

Ever since that little witch escaped from my grasp in the upper level of Wretch Warrens I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I can't stand the sight of Miley Cyrus. I couldn't stand Miley Cyrus before I started playing Avadon but I know somehow that little skank is behind all this. My wife has left me, my dog snarls when I come near, and my psychotherapist has forbade me from ever saying the worlds Neray or Smuggler or [censored] again.

Ok, just answer me one question: is it possible to play the game and somehow end up making it impossible to ever complete this quest? I have read every word of every thread that I can find about Neray and I still can't complete this quest.

If the answer to my first question is no then I have another question: can someone please talk to me like the retard I am and walk me through it step by step so I can move on with my life?

I tried starting to play the game without any cheats, hints, or maps but got stuck pretty quick so consulted the awesome Annotated Maps - great job whoever did that btw. but you forgot to put Tartums name in YELLOW like you promised and it just took me a half hour to find him. yeah I know its right there on the map but IT ISNT IN YELLOW. and amazingly, if you google tartum location or whatever it doesnt show up. weird

Anyway, here's what I've done so far:

- get quest from Abi in Avadon

- talked to Tartum, who says its not him selling weapons to the wretches

- confronted Neray in Wretch Warrens where she escaped down a trap door. tried the door and it wouldnt budge

- searched everywhere

- went back to Abi, he knew nuthin

- went back to Tartum, he knew nuthin

- continued on with the game figuring she would show up again but she hasn't, and my characters are now level 30

- went back and talked to everybody ie. Tartum, Abi, anybody else in the area where those guys are, nuthin

- called Miley Cyrus like a thousand times, she finally took my call and then pretty quickly told me to never call again. I called her once more the next week figuring maybe she would confess and now she has a retraining order on me

Please for the love of all that is unholy, help me hunt down that little tramp! And after that help me find Neray.

ok my next question is does anybody else have trouble editing in the text box when posting only on this site? among other things, sometimes the keystrokes dont register, i cant highlight strings of text either by click dragging or double clicking a word i want to remove, and i cant move the cursor to the end of a line by clicking past the line. i use bbs like this a lot and this is the only site i have this kind of editing problems with (just tried on another bbs and no probs but still happening here)