Any advice on monster summoners

Death Knight

Ok, will do. Im lvl 6 right now and am trying to get an area effect spell for my mage to help with problems like this. Im also trying to get anatomy for my rogue/partpriest fighter. Some of the higher level bandits that spawn are tough and ive never actually used anatomy on almost any of the avernum games.

Originally Posted By: Death Kinght
Im lvl 6 right now and am trying to get an area effect spell for my mage to help with problems like this.

Strictly speaking (and I hope I'm not repeating something you already know) there are no area effect spells in BoA (with the exception of Cloud of Blades), unlike in the second trilogy games. Instead there are multiple target spells, which depending on circumstances can be somewhat more or less effective, since your targets don't have to be near each other. At any rate, you can purchase Ice Lances from Axel, in Sweetgrove, I believe.

I would like to get the numbers on the assassination skill. Does anyone have the exact benefits for getting it high. Might want to try and make a character that rises above almost every creatures level, to the point where he is essentially just a tiny tank slaying everything by experience. Can anyone give me the numbers that you get from assassination skill.

With a four-person party, I don't know if your characters will be at a high enough level relative to your enemies to justify spending points in Assassination or Lethal Blow. With a one-person party, maybe, but singletons are a lot tougher to play. I've found it's better to focus on skills like Strength, Melee/Pole, Dexterity, and Defense in the early levels.

I haven't played around with the skill too much, but it seems to me that Assassination is a 'convenience' skill. Like Lethal Blow, it doesn't help you against tough enemies, it only makes fights against weak enemies go quicker. Sometimes it's useful -- you can mow down a bunch of weak enemies and reach the boss quicker. But most of the time you just throw a couple extra points you have lying around to make cleaning out dungeons quicker. It's like giving your magic-users points in Strength. They never use the skill; it just lets them carry more so you don't need to travel to town as often.