Does Avadon run on Linux? (solved) yes!

BodoRiediger

Hello,

did anybody have success with wine?

I just get the start-message asking for the graphics, answer that and wine barfs. (Ubuntu 11.04 wine1.2)

Still, with the new Virtualbox 4.1 with 3d- and 2d-accelleration on, 128MB graphics, 1024 MB RAM, WinXP, Virtualboxtools installed, it is running fine(1440x900), but one of my 2.4GHz processors is running non-stop.

greetings,

bodo

Quote:
All of our games, as far as I know, work on Wine. The number of Linux users who refuse to use Wine and who don't have another machine for gaming is a pretty thin slice of pastry.

We are building up the energy to port our games to a new platform, but I'm afraid it won't be Linux. Sorry about that.

- Jeff Vogel

Quote:
All of our games, as far as I know, work on Wine.

That was what i found for your older games, but i wanted to know wether someone had success (and how) on running avadon in wine.

Quote:

The number of Linux users who refuse to use Wine and who don't have another machine for gaming is a pretty thin slice of pastry.

Yes, i am aware of that and i think so too, that this will not change fast. But hopefully your next programming-system supports not only Windows/OS-X(which is unix) but Linux too.

Quote:

We are building up the energy to port our games to a new platform, but I'm afraid it won't be Linux. Sorry about that.

You dont have to be sorry, i prefere you programming games and not struggle with platforms smile

Well and i think your new platform will be android(you already have iphone), for which i am happy for i have an android with iphone-like cpu/graphics, and android is linux too grin

thanks for your fast answer,
bodo