Triple Slartifer, Part 6

Slawbug

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

282. Deixistential Angst could be When Depeche Mode Questions Everything- Depeche Mode is an electronic band that released the albums A Question of Time and A Question of Lust, so all that questioning must lead to some existential angst ==> depeche existential ==> depechistental ==> deistential angst. QED.

A pentacle is made out of parchment, paper, or metal. Crepe is a kind of paper. to quote some book thing on wikipedia: "earth contains all both in admixture and in combination. So must it be with this Pantacle, the symbol of earth." So a pentacle would be earthy protection.

258. Sometimes, only sometimes - When Depeche Mode questions everything

It's one of their songs...

Quote:
Sometimes, only sometimes

I question everything

And I’m the first to admit,

If you catch me in a mood like this

I can be tiring, even embarrassing

But you must feel the same

When you look around

You can’t tell me honestly

You’re happy with what you see

Oh sometimes, only sometimes

You must be, you must be

As embarrassing as me

Ooh sometimes

Code:
245. THIS!!!!???!!!	                Humorous victim258. Sometimes, only sometimes	        Jinx, or maybe Mallow280. Psychosnow Emanation	        I did not FTT, I recorded its beauty284. Phleg-o-matic	                When Depeche Mode questions everything

I'm too stupid to try and get the rest of these, and I need to sleep. By the time I get up in the morning they will undoubtedly be solved. Best of luck.

245. THIS!!!!???!!! - I did not FTT, I recorded its beauty

Those question marks are supposed to be there. They make it look better.

280. Psychosnow Emanation - Jinx, or maybe Mallow

Jinx and psycho snowman are both comics/comic book characters in some respect. Though Mallow seems to be a Mario character of some sort.

Dantius got it first.

284. Phleg-o-matic - Humorous victim

Obviously I'm the victim here and I'm sure you're laughing at my expense Slarty. tongue

(also possibly a reference to the laugh-o-matic idea generator for cartoonists.)

Originally Posted By: Slarty
On another subject, Dintiradan, have you played Thunderstone?
Nope, lemme check BGG and find out about it.

Okay, cool. Looks like Dominion meets Descent.

(Great, now you've got me bitter about how my copy of Dominion is collecting dust after a grand total of one play. With my gaming group, either the occasional players show up (more than four players), or it's just the core members who show (in which case we end up just playing Magic nowadays). And my family members dislike most Eurogames.)

JEWELS

258 - YES (+3)

245 - YES (+3)

284 - yes but bad reference

DANTIUS

280 - YES (+4) - actually I meant Jynx from Pokemon (Ice/Psychic type), but mistyped. Anyway, you got the Mallow reference.

TRIUMPH

245 - OK (+3)

Points up in the air for 284. Can anyone explain it?

How about this quote?

"The Robco Phleg-O-Matic is the one software application you'll wonder how you ever did without! It wines, it dines, and so much more! The Phleg-O-Matic's especially sharp tongue will allow you to cut through sarcasm with one stroke! Perfect slices of humor every time! And in just one stroke! Black Bile! Yellow Bile! Phlegm! and Blood! and so much more effluvium! Bite off more than you can chew without crying, and bring new life to parties, class reunions, and family get-togethers in no time. The Robco Phleg-O-Matic is now available wherever the fine stuff you can't do without is sold.

I ♥ Ron Popeil!"

It was on facebook so I'm guessing its not what you are referencing but maybe he got it from where you were.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Phlegm is one of the four bodily "humors" along with blood, black bile, yellow bile, and, well, phlegm. In classical medicine illnesses were caused by an imbalance in there, which would need to be corrected to cure the patient- like via leeching!

I can't believe I didn't get that one before.

I can't believe that's something you'd already know. Seriously, what class do they teach that in 'cause I've never heard of it before.

Originally Posted By: Jewels in Black
Originally Posted By: Dantius
Phlegm is one of the four bodily "humors" along with blood, black bile, yellow bile, and, well, phlegm. In classical medicine illnesses were caused by an imbalance in there, which would need to be corrected to cure the patient- like via leeching!

I can't believe I didn't get that one before.

I can't believe that's something you'd already know. Seriously, what class do they teach that in 'cause I've never heard of it before.

I actually learned that in a European History class in college. It's just one of those bizarre facts that sticks with you.

Jewels, I think it's actually somewhat common knowledge. It ties in to medical history, mysticism and symbolism due to its associations with the four classical elements, and personality due to the temperamental English words sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic, and melancholic.

GREAT JUSTICE POINTS: +6 Sylae

GREAT PITY POINTS: +4 Dantius

GREAT VENGEANCE POINTS: -10 Triumph

TOTAL NEW POINTS (NET)

+40 Jewels

+34 Dantius

+32 Triumph

+26 Sylae

+24 Randomizer

+6 Darth Ernie

+3 Dintiradan

+3 Mazzy K

SCORES AFTER PART 6

119 Triumph

82 Jewels

70 Dantius

57 Dikiyoba

44 Randomizer

38 Dintiradan

26 Sylae

21 Sarachim

11 Nikki

10 Rowen

9 Darth Ernie

8 Nioca

8 Skwish-E

4 Niemand

3 Mazzy K

1 The Ratt

1 Excalibur

Part 7 won't happen until Tuesday, or possibly even later, depending on what happens with some other plans of mine.