Avadon in Ipad Orientation problem

Xquizts

The Avadon app only displays in one direction and does not orientate the other ways like all other app does. It is a great problem for me because my case only stands on one side and i have a big headache trying to play the game by holding constantly on one hand instead of placing it on the table.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Does "handheld" really apply to iPads the way it applies to PSPs and Wiis? If you use both hands to hold it, you can't access many of the controls at the same time, right?

That is a point. However my initial point refuting the OP's statement that all other apps rotate is correct. Many iOS apps do not support both portrait and landscape mode, including most games, especially non-casual games. This is hardly an issue unique to Avadon. Making the game interface work at two completely different aspect ratios on such a small resolution is easier said than done.

• 9 months later...

I downloaded Avadon this morning and am having the same issue, my stand orients one direction and the game is upside down. Is there an option I need to check to make it switch orientation? It doesn't seem to do it automatically. I generally have the iPad orientation just locked into horizontal to match the stand.

Thanks

Huh, I just checked, and it doesn't switch orientation automagically.

Thankfully, if you get to the menu (by clicking the little floppy disk icon in-game), and go to Game Settings, there's an option to invert the screen orientation so that you can use it upside down.

Edit: You can also change it from the settings screen on the main menu too. Just to be clear. tongue