Mushroom Cavern

Zelos

Really, you want the Spore Shroom Talisman from Morog. It's the only way (other than perhaps flight) to get through the cavern without burning a week or more on spore-induced catnaps (especially considering there's a similar cavern near the end of the scenario as well).

As far as I'm aware, you have no choice but to travel through the caverns, so the mushroom is a good investment.

However, to get it, you'll either have to steal it from Morog (which results in a BRUTAL fight, not to mention wandering her maze-lake palace) or agree to work for her to get the Scroll of Dragon history.

As an aside, I wish you luck in trying to beat the clock. I'm sure it's possible to get through the remaining caverns in three days, but it is going to be close.

It's called the Mushroom Talisman(At least in BoE it is). And you can actually steal it from Morog??? I would have done that if I knew. Oh well.

Remember: You should have at least one of these items before reaching Khoth:

Click to reveal..
Crystal of Purity

Melora Opal

Scroll of Dragons

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Really, you want the Spore Shroom Talisman from Morog. It's the only way (other than perhaps flight) to get through the cavern without burning a week or more on spore-induced catnaps (especially considering there's a similar cavern near the end of the scenario as well).

However, to get it, you'll either have to steal it from Morog (which results in a BRUTAL fight, not to mention wandering her maze-lake palace) or agree to work for her to get the Scroll of Dragon history.
Whenever I've played this scenario, I do the mission for her, accept the shroom item, and then steal the scroll. The portal I come out of puts me in the main hall, but far enough from Morog and her minions that I avoid any fights.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Huh. I've always fought her, and I usually wound up dropping out of a portal right near her. At any rate, if you can pull it off and kill her, you can get Morog's Scepter, which is a very powerful missile weapon for mages.
When I leave after stealing the scroll, I come out by the portal in the northernmost alcove in the southeastern quadrant. Maybe I'm doing something you're not, or vice versa, but I've never fought Morog. Try experimenting when you steal the scroll.