Game Difficulty Differences in Avernum Series

Well, I beat most of the Avernum series at least once or twice, but I was playing on Easy/Casual difficulty. I would like to know the differences between each difficulty setting. Just how much more endurance and strength do enemies have on each of the difficulty levels?

I want to start a new playthrough and I'm wondering what difficulty level I should set the game to. Oh, and I don't want to play on Easy/Casual again. Also, I don't want to resort to cheating.

I would like information from both the first and second Avernum trilogies. If there is a difference between how difficulty settings work between them. Thanks in advance.

The games are pretty much between normal and hard a 100% increase in monster health and damage. Between normal and torment a 300% increase (double hard difficulty). Most players hate that the fights take longer because of the increase in health as you slowly whittle down the monster's health.

This is the same for the entire Avernum series. Avernum 6 when you get to Formello starts to really drag on higher difficulties because of the higher monster health.