End of Days - An AIMHack Campaign!

nikki.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Nikki
So, everybody levels up as normal - 12 skill points to spend this time as well as the usual stat increase. I'll also be getting in touch with two of you via AIM, so watch out for that.

I'm currently working on a log, I'll get it to you as soon as I can, and I'm hoping for a session next Thursday (that's the 18th/19th for Lilith). It will depend on my internet and my sister allowing me to steal it (and her couch) though, but pencil it in. If you could let me availabilit know by dropping me an email or an IM, that'd be great. Thanks."

Level up for Aaron:

Click to reveal..
Name: Aaron

Race: Human

Deity: Imaunte

Alignment: Willful

Level: 3

HP: 20 / 20

STM: 8 / 10

STR: 4

DEX: 3

INT: 5

Martial (swords): 4 (4 spent)

Magic (enchantment): 4 (4 spent)

History: 4

Composure: 3

Artifice: 2 (2 spent)

Perception: 3 (RB) (2 spent)

Stealth: 1 (RB)

Click to reveal..
Name: Aluar Malara de la Torre Arce y Santo Reinoso
Race: Lacewing
Deity: Mariona
Alignment: Peace. Really.

Strength: 4 (+1)
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 3
HP: 19 (+4)

Banked: 1 (+1)

Composure: 4
History: 2 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Martial(Knives): 4 (+2)
Perception: 1
Stealth: 4 (+1)
Streetwise: 3
Thievery: 3 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

1) Reminders have been sent out to the knaves yet to level up. If I don't get your new stats by the session, you'll have to stick with your characters as they are until afterwards.

2) I owe a handful of perky-type things to people. Yes I am aware of the connatations of the previous sentence.

3) Quotes:

Quote:
01:49:31 Aluar: "Is there a fire too? If not, they're doing it wrong."

02:01:48 Hexelion: "I can't help but notice we seem to be dying an awful lot."

02:13:36 Selffar: "Let's try to think of at least two good plans before we start trying bad ones."

02:25:33 Hexelion: "Alright..." I whisper, "anyone know where we're going?"

02:25:47 Aluar: "The room with the book in it."

03:20:56 Zatira: "Maybe I wouldn't be so angry all the time if somebody would explain to me what the hell is going on!"

04:06:58 Aaron: "I found a book, but I'm not sure it's the right one!"

04:42:08 Selffar: "It takes some serious bad luck to get killed twice in one day."

05:16:30 Aaron: "I think I'm getting another headache..."

4) Log: www.nikkis-nook.hallsofchaos.net/EndofDays/Session%203.pdf Since that is the fourth time I attempted this (wordpad kept eating half the file), it hasn't been censored, and may be bitty. Again: swear words, so if you're averse to that kind of thing, please be forewarned.

Also, this time, there are three extra logs I've included for the solo things that happened. Where the text is bold, I've transplanted the private sessions into the main text. Hopefully this makes sense.

5. There is a session at the usual place/time on Thursday (Friday for Lilith and I). I'm currently using mobile internet, and my connection isn't brilliant, so if you could all be super patient if/when I go in/out of chat, that'd be hearts and purple skittles.

6. There isn't one.

Right, I forgot Hexelion had a level. Not much exciting this time around, other than the fact that he finally got his first point in Missiles.

Click to reveal.. (Hexelion Tyralson, Level III)
HEXELION TYRALSON

RACE: Elf, Male

PERSONALITY: Reasonable

DEITY: Sliros

LVL: 03 | XP: 00/42

STR: 04 | HP: 14/21

DEX: 04 | SPD: 5

INT: 04 | STM: 06/10

Martial (Shortblades): 6 (+1) [21 XP]

Magic (Enchantment): 3 [6 XP]

Composure: 3 (+1) [RB+3 XP]

Streetwise: 2 [RB+1 XP]

Perception: 3 (+1) [6 XP]

Artifice: 2 [3 XP]

Stealth: 1 [1 XP]

Martial (Thrown Missiles): 1 (+1) [1XP]

Level up, and a new technique!

Click to reveal..
Name: Zatira

Alignment: Ambitious

Lvl: 4

Str: 3

Dex: 6

Int: 4

HP: 14/22

Stm: 3/10

Martial (Crossbows): 6

First Aid: 4

Nature: 4

Perception: 3+1 (RB)

Stealth: 3+1 (RB)

Artifice: 1

Spare Skill Points: 2

New technique (subject to approval):

Iron Maiden (2 stamina). Zatira spends a full-round action to assail a single enemy with an unrelenting barrage of bolts targeted at multiple parts of the body, pinning them to floors, walls or other fixed points. This attack is difficult to completely avoid, and the target takes additional damage the next time they try to act unless they first spend a standard action to free themselves.

Click to reveal..
Name: Aluar Malara de la Torre Arce y Santo Reinoso
Race: Lacewing
Deity: Mariona
Alignment: Peace. Really.

Strength: 5 (+1)
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 3
HP: 24 (+5)

Banked: 0 (-1)

Composure: 5 (+1)
History: 2 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Martial(Knives): 5 (+1)
Perception: 1
Stealth: 5 (+1)
Streetwise: 3
Thievery: 3 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Woo, fun session.

Click to reveal.. (Selffar, level 4)
Name: Selffar

Race: Elf

Alignment: Classy

5 STR/6 DEX/2 INT

24/26HP, 6/10 STM

Martial (Improvised) 6

Thievery 4

Composure 3+1

Crafting (Alchemy) 3

Streetwise 2+1

First Aid 3

Stealth 1

Perception 1

Artifice 1

Level for Aaron:

Click to reveal.. (Stats)
Name: Aaron

Deity: Imaunte

Alignment: Willful

Level: 4

HP: 21 / 24

STM: 6 / 10

STR: 4

DEX: 3

INT: 6

Martial (swords): 4

Magic (enchantment): 6 (11 spent)

History: 4

Composure: 3

Artifice: 2

Perception: 4 (RB) (3 spent)

Stealth: 1 (RB)

I'm going to go ahead and post Aaron's new spells here, pending approval.

Click to reveal.. (New Spells)
Phantom Barrier – Creates a wall of illusion, appearing as a writhing curtain of shifting colors, which repulses anyone trying to enter it. Anyone, the one exception being the caster, trying to pass though it must make a will save. Failing the save causes them to stop just outside the barrier and be unable to move again that round, though they may still take other actions. The barrier can persist for several rounds, depending on the strength of the spell.

Agony Seed – A delayed-effect spell that sits in the target’s mind and activates on the next combat round. The target is then wracked with intense pain and nausea. They take a penalty to all actions and defense. Also, they will pass out if their HP drops below a certain point, determined by the strength of the spell.

Why do I keep forgetting to level Hexelion? I could have sworn I leveled him this time around, but when I checked...

*shrug*

Click to reveal.. (Hexelion Tyralson, Level IV)
HEXELION TYRALSON

RACE: Elf, Male

PERSONALITY: Reasonable

DEITY: Sliros

LVL: 04 | XP: 00/56

STR: 04 | HP: 18/25

DEX: 04 | SPD: 5

INT: 05 | STM: 08/10

Martial (Shortblades): 6 [21 XP]

Magic (Enchantment): 5 (+2) [15 XP]

Composure: 4 (+1) [RB+6 XP]

Streetwise: 2 [RB+1 XP]

Perception: 3 [6 XP]

Artifice: 2 [3 XP]

Stealth: 1 [1 XP]

Martial (Thrown Missiles): 2 (+1) [3XP]

Also, a couple new spells, awaiting approval!

Click to reveal.. (SPELLS!)
Thalaimer's Collective Consciousness

COST: 2STM, No Roll

EFFECT: Temporarily opens the caster's mind up, allowing him to read the surface thoughts and general mood of the people in his vicinity for a short time. Note that watching for specific thoughts or ones deviating from normal, or holding the spell for an extended time may require an Enchantment roll, the difficulty of which depends on the number of people nearby. Enchanters in the vicinity of the spell become aware of, can defend against, and gain a +4 bonus to mental attacks against the caster.

Myn's Friendly Fire

EFFECT: Attempts to cloud a target's mind and cause them to misidentify their target; if successful, the target's next action will be redirected to a target of the caster's choosing.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
You want a spell that lets you read minds...?
Surface thoughts only. Hexelion can't use the spell to go digging into a person's memory or deep, dark secrets; he can only read what's currently on the minds of the people around him.

So if, say, someone nearby was contemplating murdering a party member, Hexelion could potentially detect that. If that same someone had already committed that murder, but was right now focusing on this really awesome ale he was having, then Hexelion would only learn that that person really likes his ale.

EDIT: I (hopefully) clarified the description a bit. If you still have reservations, I'd be more than happy with just Myn's Friendly Fire.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Personally I think it's a silly idea. However, it sounds almost exactly like the AD&D spell _ESP_, which was only a 2nd-level wizard spell. So it can't be that hard to use in a campaign and keep at a reasonable power level.

it also existed in 3rd edition as detect thoughts

basically think of it as the Patrick Jane Spell

Okay, an update:

Anybody who has tried IMing me (or having me in an AIMHack campaign of late) knows my internet still hasn't been installed from when I moved, and I'm stuck using mobile internet. Obviously there are other places I can use the internet, but unfortunately, I can't do that this Thursday, so I'm going to have to push the campaign back a week.

Normally, I'd try and push through using my terrible internet (which disconnects every few moments), but it isn't fair on you guys, and I'll end up getting ridiculously frustrated. So, I think this is the best way to do this.

I'm eyeing up the 8th September as our next session, as I am assured that it should all be good by then.

Sorry again. frown I hope when we do get back to this I can make it up to you.

Well, I'm sitting in front of my router waiting for the flashing light to switch to a solid light. I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

Also, if somebody who didn't bounce in and out of the session could send me a complete log, that'd be cool - I have one I've pieced together, but I should probably compare it to what actually happened in chat.

Yeah, this isn't happening.

I want to preface this by saying how frustrated I am, and I know it isn't fair on any of you guys, and I apologise profusely.

So I recieved an email today from my ISP saying that I'd be connected by 20:30 tonight, and my DSL is still down. I'm going to phone my ISP and my phone line operator and see what the sam hill is going on, but frankly I'm not hopeful if they've not managed to get it sorted by now.

Best case, they can see what is wrong and fix it. Worst case, it's an issue with my phone line and that'll mean extra wiring and blah blah blah. I'm 100% certain my router is set up correctly, so I've done everything I can. smirk

Really sorry again, guys. Thanks for sticking with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since Sarachim can't make it, I think it's probably fairer to postpone til next week than delay the start time. (Also, being selfish here, but if we don't start til two hours later, it's going to be 7/8am before I get to sleep.)

So, if everybody is still free, shall we say the 4th?