Problems With Our Games Purchased on GamersGate or Direct2Drive

Spidweb

For some reason, the versions of Avadon being sold on some 3rd party sites for Windows seem to have a failure rate higher that for the version sold on our web site. Since the code for these two versions is essentially the same, we suspect that something is wrong with the software they have wrapped around our game.

Should you purchase the game from a different site and find that it does not work correctly, take the following steps.

1. Download the demo from our site and run it. If it works, skip to step 3.

2. Download the Direct version of the game here:

ftp://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/win/AvadonDX.zip

Move it into Program Files/Spiderweb Software/Avadon and run it. If it works, go to step 3. If not, contact the company where you bought the game and ask for a refund.

3. Should our version of the game function, write us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com requesting an key. Give us the name and address you used to purchase the game from the other company. We will get you up and running.

Finally, if possible, please answer these questions to help me troubleshoot the problem.

1. What version of Windows are you using? Vista? XP?

2. How are you trying to run the game? The icon on the desktop? Running it from the Start menu?

Also, one thing to try, that might be very helpful. Try running the game by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop. If it doesn't work, right-click it and select properties. See what is entered in the Start In: field and let me know. That entry should _not_ be blank.

• 4 months later...

I am seeing alot of Lag and slow motion problems....I had the demo to this Avernum 6 from a different site..It worked great...all mine Work great...Got Avernum 4 from Big Fish Games...but they didnt have 6..So i noticed Gamersgate had 6...Purchased game and It runs in super slow motion..shift-d says FPS is 0..have no idea why..it has to be there download form Gamersgate..i can run ultra graphics on almost any game...ive tried it all..even updating drivers..its something to do with there download...Where can i downlkoad Avernum 6 from here...If possible..?

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
You can download the demo here. If it works, follow the instructions in step 3 to get an unlock code to play the full game. You'll need to include the registration code found on the main menu screen of the game.

Originally Posted By: Spidweb

3. Should our version of the game function, write us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com requesting an key. Give us the name and address you used to purchase the game from the other company. We will get you up and running.

Finally, if possible, please answer these questions to help me troubleshoot the problem.

1. What version of Windows are you using? Vista? XP?
2. How are you trying to run the game? The icon on the desktop? Running it from the Start menu?

Also, one thing to try, that might be very helpful. Try running the game by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop. If it doesn't work, right-click it and select properties. See what is entered in the Start In: field and let me know. That entry should _not_ be blank.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only a one man company? And then sooo really nice games? Respect. I love Avernum and his huge world. I bought Avernum: Escape(Gamersgate), Avernum 4(BigFishGames), 6(GG), Avadon(GG) and Geneforge 1-5 on Steam.

My computer is a Amd x4 970, Nvidia Gtx 580, 16 GB, 64GB Cruzial SSD, 2 x 1GB Harddrive, Asus VG278H + Nvidia Vision 2

• 1 month later...