Blades of exile compatibilty with windows 7

frendlyspider

It certainly runs beautifully under windows xp mode (which is a virtual machine available on windows 7 professional, enterprise or ultimate. Other virtual machines are available). However, on my machine at least, the executable refuses to launch in the native 64bit OS. I tried installing onto a memory stick (from a 32bit OS), but still no go.

I can't get it to work in compatibility mode or anything on 7 64-bit. The community modified version works fine in 7, though.

Of course it works great on PPC Mac through classic mode on OSX 10.4.

BoE & the trilogy work fine using Wine on Linux.

I haven't tried BoE or the trilogy on an Intel Mac, because seriously, if I want a PC that doesn't do much in the way of useful things, I'll just build one & put Linux on it. Besides, without Classic support(which was abandoned as I recall), it wouldn't work anyway(though I hear there's a program to bring it back, but eh).

Originally Posted By: JtD
I can't get it to work in compatibility mode or anything on 7 64-bit. The community modified version works fine in 7, though.
The original BoE was written for 16-bit Windows, if memory serves. 16-bit programs won't run on 64-bit systems without some sort of of virtual 16- or 32-bit environment.