Orb of Thralni fails?

FMKaiba

I am near the end of Exile III, the end of the alien beasts quest. I am on a pool of lava above a castle, and your supposed to use the orb of thralni to fly over a hill to a clearing (easy, no?)

Well when i go to use it, it says 'Use Orb:For some reason it fails' so i can't go to the next part of the game.. why does it not work here? @_@

There is an area of that province where the orb is not supposed to work. You need to fight your way through the Keep and below to gain access to the area beyond the mountains. I think you can use the Orb to return from the other side. It's to keep it from being to easy to avoid a major encounter.

no no, you all have the wrong idea (my bad explination.. sorry)

I have gone through the keep of tinrya, and after traveling through the whole thing you come out on the other side of the keep, in a pool of lava, the pool is surrounded by cliffs, you have to go somewhere from the pool of lava (aka north) but in order to head north, you need to fly over the cliffs

(i am not trying to skip anything, this is the natural walkthrough of the game)