Picking Locks

Jerakeen

"who isn't quite sure why the only place to retrain isn't early in the game. It's early that you'll find yourself making build mistakes."

Because you make the mistakes early, but you don't realize you made them until the game starts to get tricky, which is, coincidentally, at about exactly the point where you meet the respec person.

- Jeff Vogel

• 11 years later...
On 3/3/2011 at 10:06 PM, A less presumptuous name. said:

That sucks. I think I increased it on my sorceress (main character) and my shadow walker. Oh well, isn't there a respec location?

Which is no disaster, after all if you alternate between your companions between quests, then you might not always have the Sorceress or the Shadowwalker with you and then it is useful if both have the ability.

One of the admins should change your name to "The Necromancer"... (or "Conjurerofdeadthreads")

(this is not to denigrate your enjoyment of the games. I'm glad that you seem to be having a good time & getting deeply into them/catching strategy nuances/etc, but still.  Ah well, any board activity is better than the seemingly default 'almost none'  you keep doing you & I'll try to keep my inner curmudgeon in check 🙂 )

21 hours ago, TriRodent said:

One of the admins should change your name to "The Necromancer"... (or "Conjurerofdeadthreads")

(this is not to denigrate your enjoyment of the games. I'm glad that you seem to be having a good time & getting deeply into them/catching strategy nuances/etc, but still.  Ah well, any board activity is better than the seemingly default 'almost none'  you keep doing you & I'll try to keep my inner curmudgeon in check 🙂 )

Well, I have bought Avadon 1 late when it was on discount so while playing I´m reading through all the old threads that contain information that - to me - is new and useful.

If the forum wanted a strict rule vs. necroing then that would only make sense if threads of the same problem (e.g. where is the blue ore, blue ore quest, how many blue ore, how do I get the blue ore quest) are all merged to one thread so that there is no risk to read and reply to an old thread as all are one.

Oh I know & agree (and a mod/admin would have long been here with some wrist slapping if you weren't bringing anything to the discussion).  I just found it amusing that if you totaled up all the dead/in between times before your post in all the threads, it almost equaled my somewhat advanced age.

But again, I'm glad that you found the games & are enjoying yourself. Have you played any of the Avernum, Geneforge, or Queen's Wish series'?  IMO they're better than the Avadon ones ('better' probably isn't the right word/impression, different & more old school RPGish).  Big, expansive free demos for all of them are available at Spiderweb's site.  I'd love to be able to see all of them for the first time once again.