Avadon - Miranda Gone?

SpFiota

I'm playing the demo of Avadon. I spoke with Redbeard per Miranda's orders. When I returned to the main floor I found Miranda in the same spot as before. Not in her office. She told me to speak to Redbeard again. So I went to Redbeard and back. When I returned Miranda was gone.

She's not in her office. I have no saved games prior to this glitch. So... what can be done to fix this?

I was all set to purchase the game after completing the demo but there's nothing I hate more than crippling glitches, and the last thing I want is to lose hours of playtime because something like this might happen at a much later point in the game.

I can upload my save file if that helps. Is there any way to force her to spawn?

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? From the stairway to Redbeard's floor, go south (lower left) and then turn west. So far, a lot of people have played the demo but nobody has had this problem, so if something weird is happening, it's a rare issue (or maybe a corrupted game file).

You can also send a saved game to support@spiderwebsoftware.com and I can take a look. Save the game to the upper left slot, go to the saved game folder, compress the folder Save0, and send that to us.

- Jeff Vogel

This is, indeed, my mistake. I will put this workaround in the support area tomorrow ...

Miranda Disappears At Beginning Of the Game

If you go upstairs and speak with Redbeard before you get the order from Heart Miranda, it is possible for her to disappear forever. This will be fixed in v1.0.1. If you have this problem, ascend to Redbeard's Chambers. Press shift-D. Enter the exact line below ...

sdf 100 0 5

and press Return. Then go downstairs. Miranda should be there.