why in exile 3

Trenton.

I have no idea what you're asking. Which dragon? Which island? There's not a dragon you're supposed to assault in the beginning of the game. In fact, you don't even meet dragons until fairly late.

—Alorael, who imagines that whatever you're fighting is meant to be fought at much higher levels.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
oh yes...those mad monks. the kill me so easily...
Yeah, they can be a real feisty slap of pain. wink But when you're strong enough, it's well worth raiding their stronghold.
Quote:
maybe ill just explore the rest erika's tower and the little spot were the sliths are at the top of upper exile
Erika's tower can be fun to explore, even if only for exploration's sake. Just remember to save before going into any room, or you might need the editor to get out again. And go ahead and fight the sliths in northern Upper Exile, if only for the exp.

In the meantime, the demo is absolutely huge; you can go anywhere outdoors on the surface (even if you can't enter some of the towns), up to the latitude just north of Hectar on the Isle of Bigail. Here's a small list of things you can do, if you haven't done them already:
  • Find the stone circles; there are three in the demo. You don't have to use them, but if you do, there may be consequences when you register.
  • Find a tree that has sapphires growing on it.
  • Find a flower and give it to a dryad.
  • Find the person who sells mandrake.
  • Talk to every type of friendly animal (just for fun).
  • There's a very good piece of plate mail hidden on the Isle of Bigail. I'm not sure anymore, but you might be able to reach it in the demo. (Sorry, that's not in the demo.)
  • Clear out the chitrach lair in Upper Exile.
  • Kill the Ice Slime (or is it Ice Pudding?) in Upper Exile.
  • Ferry messages for two hermits on either side of the mountains in Kriszan Province.
  • Kill all the sliths in the mines near Gloddale.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
oh yes...those mad monks. the kill me so easily...
Yeah, they can be a real feisty slap of pain. wink But when you're strong enough, it's well worth raiding their stronghold.
Quote:
maybe ill just explore the rest erika's tower and the little spot were the sliths are at the top of upper exile

In the meantime, the demo is absolutely huge; you can go anywhere outdoors on the surface (even if you can't enter some of the towns), up to the latitude just north of Hectar on the Isle of Bigail. Here's a small list of things you can do, if you haven't done them already:
  • Find the stone circles; there are three in the demo. You don't have to use them, but if you do, there may be consequences when you register.
  • Find a tree that has sapphires growing on it.
  • Find a flower and give it to a dryad.
  • Find the person who sells mandrake.
  • Talk to every type of friendly animal (just for fun).
  • There's a very good piece of plate mail hidden on the Isle of Bigail. I'm not sure anymore, but you might be able to reach it in the demo. (Sorry, that's not in the demo.)
  • Clear out the chitrach lair in Upper Exile.
  • Kill the Ice Slime (or is it Ice Pudding?) in Upper Exile.
  • Ferry messages for two hermits on either side of the mountains in Kriszan Province.
  • Kill all the sliths in the mines near Gloddale.

Ive found one out of the three srone circles. the one between the pass with unicorns and the metal for that mage. the one on that tiny island. where are the other two? are they also available in avernum three?

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The last stone circle in the demo area requires the Orb of Thralni to fly up to it. Saving the game before exploring with the Orb leads to some interesting places and items.
Actually, I found this one using some headbanging. But yes, exploring with the Orb of Thralni can be fun.
any in avernum?
Yes. However, the Avernum 3 demo is a bit smaller, so you won't find the stone circle past Gloddale. The ones by Fort Emergence and on the Isle of Bigail are still available.

The bandits who stole the Orb of Thralni are only reachable through the portal in the Portal Fortress that normally leads to the Tower of Magi. The bandits in Upper Exile who stole a statue from Ghikra are unrelated.

—Alorael, who is unaware of any connections between the two sets of bandits except their penchant for taking items. That, however, is mostly a characteristic of bandits in general.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Dikiyoba thought the in-game explanation for dumping you there was that the teleporter in the Cult of the Sacred Items hideout was unstable and couldn't really control where you ended up.
That's pretty much it, as I recall.

Yes but the chances of it being another bandit camp? the location was obviusly programed into it and randomly sellected.
Actually, if you poke around the Cult's hideout, you'll find a statue dedicated to a person accidentally teleported into solid rock. That, and all the mad ravings in a book(s) in the southeast corner of the hideout, lead me to believe that their portal was inherently unstable to begin with.

Where you end up is kind of a moot point, seeing as the location was programmed into the game itself, not the portal. I seriously doubt there's any connection between the bandits in Upper Exile and the Cult of the Sacred Item, except that one-time teleport.

the cult was a little crazy. and by that i mean alot. but i guess your right. it was random. but they also must had have accsess to the the surface for they were planning to steal items from up there. how did someone as crazy as their whole group manage to create a portal? there almost as crazy as the "fiesty slap of pain" monks

but they also must had have accsess to the the surface for they were planning to steal items from up there.
Not surprising. In order to be effective, a portal would need to transport objects (and people, for that matter) to different elevations, not just some combination of north/south and east/west coordinates.

Quote:
how did someone as crazy as their whole group manage to create a portal? there almost as crazy as the "fiesty slap of pain" monks
Odds are it wasn't the whole group. They probably have a mage or two with some knowledge of how to make a (somewhat) stable portal.