Lethia Pass...[G5]

Nefarian

Not sure if it's already been posted...but was it feasible for someone to get through this way into the southern region early?

I mean heck, even on my super beefed up Guardian who could sorta manage the first part of Disposal Vault (and interestingly enough succeed on the part immediately after that) on Hard difficulty...this area was a huge pain in my ass.

You first meet all the annoying worms who make sure you're constantly covered by acid and then you meet that PoS gazer who has 10 million turrets. I can't burst him down fast enough before the submissions come in and stunlock me to death. And to make things worse, the gazer was smart enough not to be lured! When I sent in someone to suicide he would just remain put and stay in the corner.

(interestingly enough, the only way i beat this encounter was by creating a couple of diversion cryoas to act as fodder and buy my Guardian time to kill the actual gazer)

And this was on an end-game toon too!!

How is a character halfway through the game supposed to win at this?

Or is it the standard "charm makes you win here"?

Originally Posted By: Camarasaurus
You aren't supposed to be able to take on the gazer when you first get to the area. He's something you come back for near the end of the game.

Dikiyoba.

Unless you are Delicious Vlish when he got really bored waiting for the next secton during beta testing. He mentioned once he came through this zone first to reach the Storm Plains instead of the Kratoa-Kel Fortress.

Edit - It was Lerman's Pass that DV swept through like death incarnate.

Originally Posted By: Nefarian
So you're never supposed to get to the southern portion by this?

Basically you're forced to go through stoneworks?

Strongly encouraged since very few human players are strong enough to figure out how to do it early in the game. Delicious Vlish is inhuman.

I did it using the servile, with a min-maxxed blend of melee and spells, favouring melee. I also had a bunch of goodies from killing the unbound, though.

Can't remember if I was on normal or hard.

I went back and did the stoneworks right afterwards, because I didn't feel like taking on podlings with a solo character on whom I had just expended the VAST majority of my resources (Pods, wands, etc...)

Also, it felt somehow wrong to skip the stoneworks action to get to the storm plains.

Disclaimer:

I am also an inhuman robot.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Warlord Aidan
The Lerman's Pass is an easy place to get past.

The pass isn't hard, the gazer with his turrets is much more so if you choose to fight him. I've never done it, but i recall that after hitting the gazer, he will follow you, and you can lead him out of the room with the turrets. Take him down and the turrets will be much easier.