The Party of Four

Rowen

Nah, Eva's just getting more practice at summoning cats. tongue

(Admit it, though, you wouldn't mock that crazy old cat lady if she had a couple dozen of THOSE things running around)

That, and I decided it was about time I changed up my avatar. I've had that dopey catfish as my avatar for a long while now.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click to reveal.. (Arell Iseil, L3)
ARELL ISEIL
RACE: Dragonborn, Female
ALIGNMENT: Narcissitic

LEVEL 3
ATTRIBUTES: 3/3/6 (+INT)
HP: 14
STM: 3/10
SPEED: 5
ARMOR: 1
XP: 01/38 (+10)

Magic (Vitaemancy) - 6 (21XP) (+1)
Martial (Staves) - 3 (6XP)
Composure - 3 (RB+3XP)
First Aid - 2 (RB+1XP)

Stealth - 2 (3XP)
Perception - 2 (3XP) (+2)

Anyway, a new spell. Not because I want to make spell selection even harder, but because it became apparent that having a gap in one's spell list can be dangerous. Not yet approved, though.
Click to reveal.. (Wrack, Necromantic Combat Spell)
WRACK (VL5)
EFFECTS: Fires a pulse of necrotic energy at a target, disrupting its life energy and inflicting severe pain.
-Attacks a target's Fortitude (STR-def)
-Does decent damage.
-Particularly strong hits may stun the target for 1 round. Stunning is more likely against low fortitude targets, or if stamina is spent.
-This spell can also be fired as an AoE wave against a group of targets (on a 1:1 stamina-to-radius ratio). This does not differentiate friend or foe.
DESCRIPTION: Jagged and rough pulse of energy colored dark violet.

Anyway, session IV has concluded. Here are some more lessons learned.

*On Mote, everything is trying to kill you. Even the shrubbery.

*Those who live by the dice will get screwed over by the dice.

*Being pretty does have advantages.

*Paranoia: Because accepting drinks from strangers isn't conductive to long-term health.

*For one of the few islands with an active police force, Ona has a remarkably bad crime problem.

*The number of criticals this party gets is directly proportional to how angry its characters are at the time.

*Even with just two active members, this party will still find a way to split into three groups.

*Katharizo: For when your DM is going for the record of most poisonings in a single campaign.

Session Four: Twigs and stones can break your bones

Session Four and a half: Dreams that kill you

Above are both logs from the main party and the side session that Sarsus had. Turns out that I like to steal ideas from writers and use them without realizing it till to late. Good think all good ideas are stollen.

Next session is set for Wednesday, March 30th at 4pm PST.

As you can see the party gets to level up. To level up you get 1 point to add to any stat and skill points are 4+(2*level) so that means 10 points for level three. HP = 5+(3*str)

Turns out that having the damage the party takes hidden and telling them how they feel from the damage is not a very good way to run HP in this campaign. So at the start of session 5 I will tell everyone their current HP and stamina. From then on damage will be told in numbers to the players as is done in other AIMhack campaigns.

Most importantly, a big thank you and well done to Triumphe for playing a NPC very well. I believe that this was the first time that a player actively hunted down and attacked a PC party.

Yeah, no. You know that shiver you get sometimes, that horrible chill you get for a split second, for no reason? Well, in England, cheery as we are, we say that somebody is walking over your grave. Usually, the connatation is that something awful has happened somewhere, at least in the Midlands. Other areas of the UK might be different.

We also have spinning in graves, too, and I guess that is applicable too, but you do have to be dead for that, yeah.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Originally Posted By: Lilith
true story: i was annoying sarachim with a bevy of bread-related puns just a couple of weeks ago

rye don't you share some with us?

if you insist

Click to reveal..
(3:08:24 PM) thuryl: Mmm, too much bread. tongue
(3:08:39 PM) SarachimSeafello: Mmm.
(3:08:45 PM) SarachimSeafello: Also, I have a cold. smirk
(3:08:57 PM) thuryl: Is it a head cold? frown
(3:09:03 PM) thuryl: Or... a bread cold?
(3:11:25 PM) SarachimSeafello: What is that? Seriously, what were you going for there? tongue
(3:11:47 PM) thuryl: I thought perhaps you too had had too much bread, and it had given you a cold. tongue
(3:11:55 PM) SarachimSeafello: How?
(3:12:12 PM) thuryl: Bread viruses. tongue
(3:13:19 PM) SarachimSeafello: Is that a thing? tongue
(3:13:55 PM) thuryl: It could be. Bread has many natural enemies. tongue
(3:14:59 PM) SarachimSeafello: Anyway, no, that is not what happened.
(3:15:05 PM) SarachimSeafello: But, on the bright side, cold medicine. tongue
(3:15:13 PM) thuryl: Medicine? tongue
(3:15:19 PM) thuryl: Or... breadicine?
(3:16:16 PM) SarachimSeafello: Are you stoned? That would explain why your jokes are even worse than usual and your fixation with bread. tongue
(3:16:25 PM) thuryl: I'm high on bread. tongue
(3:16:43 PM) SarachimSeafello: You're only supporting my theory. tongue
(3:17:21 PM) thuryl: It's really good bread. tongue
(3:17:30 PM) SarachimSeafello: The alternative - that after twelve years you're finally out of better ideas than this - is too horrible to contemplate. tongue
(3:18:09 PM) thuryl: Better ideas? tongue
(3:18:19 PM) SarachimSeafello: No. Do not.
(3:18:33 PM) thuryl: Well, I have to do it now. tongue
(3:18:44 PM) SarachimSeafello: Don't BS me. You were always going to.
(3:18:48 PM) thuryl: Or... breader ideas?
(3:18:59 PM) SarachimSeafello: God damn you, Lilith. tongue

(10:44:34 PM) thuryl: I should watch a Western. tongue
(10:44:54 PM) SarachimSeafello: I don't disagree, but I'm curious why. tongue
(10:45:24 PM) thuryl: Well, I've heard good things about The Quick and the Bread. tongue
(10:45:53 PM) thuryl: Sorry, I've mostly got the bread thing out of my system now. tongue
(10:46:18 PM) SarachimSeafello: Aww. I was just starting to enjoy it. tongue
(10:46:20 PM) thuryl: Wouldn't it be awful if I was still talking about bread and thereby making you seek out bread to eat seven months from now? tongue
(10:46:31 PM) SarachimSeafello: Why seven months?
(10:46:33 PM) thuryl: It'd be The Hunt for Bread, October. tongue
(10:47:03 PM) thuryl: I thought for sure you'd get that one. tongue
(10:47:09 PM) SarachimSeafello: See, I actually laughed at that one. This must be what Stockholm Syndrome feels like. tongue

Not to go against the grain here, but I'm starting to wonder if Sarsus is on her way to a sleep-related perk. Seriously, she gets knocked out in session three and sent into deep slumber. Then she spends the majority of session 4 asleep. If she keeps it up, she might become the laziest adventurer ever. tongue

Also, Rowen, what are you using to make the log files? The file sizes are ridiculous. Sarsus's log was 390KBs, and one of them was over 500KBs. All with minimal formatting. No RTF file should be that massive.

Finally, I'm looking forward to Session 5. How much gold did we get, though? I ask, because that might be something to sort out between sessions, rather than during the session.

Yes, but Word and OpenOffice have some severe issues when it comes to inflating RTF files well past reasonable sizes.

To wit: The downloaded Session 4 Log, as is, is 379KBs. Simply re-saving it in WordPad? Drops the size down to 100KBs, almost a mere quarter of its former size.

It's not a big issue, but if we ever have a whopper of a session, you could be looking at a log upward of 1MB in size.

Well, time to get my level up out of the way.

Click to reveal.. (Sarsus Lvl3)
Sarsus Saume

Female Lacewing

Occupation - Martial Arts Instructor

Alignment - Determined

Str - 4

Dex - 3

Int - 5 (+1)

HP - 17

STA - 10

Magic: Evocation - 4 (10)(+1=4points)

Magic: Transmutation - 4 (10)(+1=4points)

Martial: Unarmed - 4 (10)

History - 3 (3 + 1 RB)

Thievery - 1 (RB)

Perception - 2 (3)

2 points left over

I'll be adding a spell shortly.

Originally Posted By: VCH
Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I am neither old, nor have I watched Hunt for Red October. All I can think of when I read Dantius's line is Rimmer saying "Better dead than smeg!"

Oh! And

I hated that toaster. So annoying!

Originally Posted By: toaster
Would you like some toast?

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
Originally Posted By: VCH
Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
I am neither old, nor have I watched Hunt for Red October. All I can think of when I read Dantius's line is Rimmer saying "Better dead than smeg!"

Oh! And

I hated that toaster. So annoying!

Originally Posted By: toaster
Would you like some toast?

No!

Indeed, session V has concluded. Here are yet more lessons learned.

*West is the new North.

*Magic loses effectiveness versus magic-immune targets.

*Dead people do not make great conversationalists.

-----

Anyway, I think I need to apologize. I was not doing 100% last night, what from being dead-tired the whole night. Hopefully, I'll be more cognizant next session.

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
Originally Posted By: Nioca
Anyway, I think I need to apologize. I was not doing 100% last night, what from being dead-tired the whole night. Hopefully, I'll be more cognizant next session.

No need to apologize, I didn't notice any difference.

tongue

Me too. I mean that in the friendly way, not the backhanded compliment way. tongue

Session Five: Leaf

Lets aim for session 6 this Wednesday at 3pm PST unless that is when IoC is happening.

Oh, and I haven't done quotes for this campaign but in the last session Porifio said something that needed to be quoted.

Quote:
Thats like saying, 'aside from the fire and massive teeth, we don't know much about that dragon.'"

Session VI has been completed. Here are yet more lessons learned.

*Mental intrusions have a detrimental effect on one's disposition and sanity.

*Hibernation spells do not count as a normal form of sleep. Furthermore, one should alert one's party members when casting this on yourself to avoid them accidentally thinking you're dead.

*Breaking the sound barrier may be hazardous to your health. Attempt in open meadows only.

*Unless extreme drunkenness is desired, do not accept drinks from random dwarves. Especially if their last name is 'Phiser'.

*Hibernation: Alarmingly effective on party members.

Click to reveal.. (These lessons are actually kinda spoilery)
*Upon waking, make sure to run through a simple mental check to make sure you're actually awake.

*Even if logic dictates otherwise, the person that's been harassing your mind and dreams may in fact be friendly.

*Trick Dice: 12 gold. Convincing a logging operation that they're worth 10,000 gold: Priceless.