Island in Chaos

Dikiyoba

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. in that case sarachim and i are doing a joint epilogue

Click to reveal..
Grastakoss leaned back contentedly on his bunk below deck. "Well, that's that. We did the job we were getting paid to do, and I've got more money than I've ever seen in one place before. Seems kinda pointless to go back to cheap bodyguard work or whatever after this. Hey, Samos, you think that idea I had about starting up a mercenary company could really work out?"

"Sure it could. Back in Truine, violence is the basis of our economy."

"I'd need someone to handle the money, I think. When I get a hold of a lot of cash all at once like this, usually I wake up a couple of weeks later with a massive hangover and it's all gone."

"I could do that. I want a job where people don't try to kill me so often."

"So I handle the killing, and I train the new recruits for when there's more killing to be done than I can do on my own. You handle the money, find work for us to do and keep us on the right side of the local law. How's that sound to you?"

"I get fifty percent, and when you die I get your half."

"Perfect. Fifty-fifty: equal partners. Don't look forward to inheriting my share any time soon." Grastakoss inspected the contents of his money pouch with a broad grin. "I can hear people talking about us already. The Black Sun Mercenary Company: Difficult Stuff is Our Specialty."

"We still need to work on that slogan."

True to their word, Samos and Grastakoss founded the Black Sun Mercenary Company as equal partners just weeks after their ship returned to port. The company soon gained a reputation among would-be clients for its willingness to accept even the most dangerous tasks, and among would-be recruits for its harsh training regimen and the high quality of the food.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to it...

Click to reveal.. (Ak-Deevt Epilogue)
After leaving Issinga, Ak-Deevt enjoyed a leisurely sea voyage between several islands before finding a ship willing to drop him off back at his master’s island.

Once there, he spent many days enthusiastically describing his exciting adventures to his less than impressed master until the mage finally took him aside.

“Dee, I am glad you have learned so much about magic and combat on your trip, but I would have expected you to learn more discretion and humility along with it. Your behavior is akin to that of a young child.”

“But I kind of am a young child,” Dee protested. “Humans age faster than lacewings.”

“I don’t care how young you think you are. Bragging about aiding in the overthrow of a kingdom is not appropriate behavior. I fear I’ve been too wrapped up in my own experiments. It is high time your education was taken properly in hand.”

“I’ve learned a lot being out in the real world.”

“Yes, but I think perhaps you were not quite ready. That will soon be remedied. From what you’ve told me, there were a number of times when you could have dealt with the situation decisively, but instead chose to compromise, avoid making decisions. That is unacceptable.”

Dee bowed his head, confused, but resigned. “As you wish, Master.”

“Don’t be discouraged. You will learn, and quickly, if I know you. And as you said, you have many years yet to live. Soon enough, you will be strong enough and wise enough to leave here again. And who knows? Next time you may not need to return.”

Also, was there going to be a log of the last session? I still want to know what Gunnar was up to while I was sneaking around invisible. tongue