Island in Chaos

Dikiyoba

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just gonna post mine here in the thread b/c there's so little of it and it's not super spoily

Click to reveal..
(8:50:38 AM) Dikiyoba: Nothing happens during your shift.

(9:21:22 AM) Dikiyoba: You easily spot some poison oak along the path and avoid it. Unfortunately, Samos is travelling ahead of you and just walked right through it. You could point it out to the others, though.

(9:32:59 AM) Dikiyoba: You start to feel itchy. You must have walked through some poison oak. It makes it awfully hard to concentrate and hold still.

(9:33:20 AM) thuryl: Will I have to roll to hold still? What roll would that even be? Composure? tongue

(9:33:41 AM) Dikiyoba: Probably a generic save roll. :-P

(9:33:54 AM) thuryl: I suddenly wish I hadn't rolled. tongue

(1:14:50 PM) Dikiyoba: The night passes uneventfully.

At long last, the log for session 9. Stay tuned for the logs of session 10, 11, and 12! And then a new calender!

Quote:
Ak-Deevt: "Yes, us again. Now with fifty percent less phlegm!"

Grastakoss: "I have this terrible feeling that I just got rooked by Gunnar."

Gunnar: "Speaking of griffons, did you know that giving them food while bowing means you want to mate with them?"

Samos: "Oh gods, my eyes! My beautiful eyes!”

Captain Xeloc: "My gods. If I had a hundred more like you, this war would have been over years ago. Hopefully in our favor."

Hooray, now Dikiyoba can head home and get something to eat.

Session 10 log

Quote:
Ak-Deevt: "Grastakoss, I really hope this works, and if it doesn't, I'm really, really sorry."

Gunnar: "Why worry when you have me?"

Nikita: “I've been mauled by things with tentacles that would make you vomit at the sight of calamari for the rest of your life.”

Samos: ". . . oh crap. Guys, I think we ought to move. It's possible that One-Wing is upset with me. It's possible that I agreed to report on conditions in Gerlig for money, then lied to him about the time of our attack so that the rebels would be unprepared when we actually came. You know, in theory."

Grastakoss: "You may have been looking for a meal, but today you've bitten off more than you can chew! Come any closer and you'll be the one who gets cooked!"

Rebel soldier: ”How many freaking potions do you guys have? Screw this, I'm out of here."

Dikiyoba.

• 3 weeks later...

Session 11

Quote:
Grastakoss: "Please don't try to hold us hostage and ransom us back to the king."

Nikita: "People wonder why I prefer Tempecomt. He never makes puns."

Gunnar: "Every time I leave you guys I nearly get killed in some rather fashionable way. I say we stay together for my own safety."

Samos: "Mmm, trout."

Selkim: "If you need anything else, don't tell me. We raided a caravan yesterday and my dice feel lucky tonight."

Dikiyoba.

• 2 weeks later...

Session 12

Quote:
Nikita: "So which way are these griffins, and why do we have this General?"

Ak-Deevt: "I can't believe it. We actually stole a General."

Gunnar: "I doubt any of you can fight one little person like me. I bet you are all yellow babies that haven't been weaned off of your mommies yet! Come and get me if you can!"

Samos: "Pardon me for a moment. Nobody kill the General until I get back."

Grastakoss: "Hey, everyone, watch out for that poison oak that Samos just walked through."

Dikiyoba has learned an important lesson from this: do the logs right after the session, even if it means sitting in the hottest room in the house in the middle of summer at a computer that is being held together by duct tape and supported by half a dozen books.

And here is the calender for the next session. It'll be at the usual time (5:00 PM CDS). I hope everyone still wants to play and is available despite the long delay (if not, just PM me and I'll figure something out). My plan is for the campaign to be completely finished in three sessions, so we're almost at the end now.

Dikiyoba.

CDS is what you get when I'm in the middle of typing CDT and get sidetracked by the thought, "When does daylight savings end? It's not in October, is it? Why does Arizona have to be so dumb?"

Apparently, Dikiyoba can't cut and paste nor type out time zones. Clearly, investigation into telepathy and/or trained monkeys is needed before Dikiyoba attempts to DM again.

Click to reveal.. (Character Sheet)
Name: Nikita Otto
Race: Dwarf
Deity: Tempecomt
Alignment: “Something odd, that’s for sure.”

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 11 (+1)
Max HP: 22 (+2)

Artifice: 1 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Composure: 3
Magic(Abjuration): 3 (+1)
Magic(Conjuration): 4
Magic(Evocation): 7 (+2)
Magic(Enchantment): 3
Magic(Vitaemancy): 5
Streetwise: 2
Stealth: 2 (+1)
Perception: 2
Religion: 5 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Click to reveal.. (Spellbook)
Capacitance(Abjuration): Numerinus felt a tingling all over his skin, and he felt hot and itchy. But when the enemy's blade pierced his shoulder, he could see that the minor discomfort was worth it.

Nikita touches the target, and it becomes electrically charged. Any enemy - or any thing, really - that the target touches receives an electrical shock.

Like Charge(Abjuration): Allen charged the dwarf, but the closer he got, the harder he had to fight. It seemed like his own body was fighting against him. By the time he got there, he had to take a breather.

Nikita clasps both hands around her holy symbol, and an invisible repulsive field comes into being around the target. An enemy cannot move adjacent to the target and attack on the same turn.

Amber Man(Conjuration)(2 Stamina): The mass of twisting, crackling ropes of electricity rose higher and higher, to twice the height of a man, before it began to take a real shape. Arms and legs sprouted, and the lightning seemed to solidify into a humming translucent crystal, though still shifting and crackling as the creature moved. It lumbered towards the stunned little Sawbones, leaving scorch marks on the ground and a deep, unsettling hum in the air.

Nikita devotes two turns and two Stamina to raising a large, fearsome construct that will deal electricity damage to everything it touches. It is autonomous, and will attack enemies on its own, but Nikita can lose a turn to give it special orders.

Electromagnet(Evocation): Anthony felt a tugging at his weapon and armor - he tried to hold on, but he was pulled from his feet and the hammer flew from his grasp in a matter of seconds.

Nikita holds one hand to her holy symbol and stretches the other towards her target. Any magnetic materials will be pulled and pushed however she commands.

Arc(Evocation): Allen shut his eyes tight against the flash of light, but he still felt the sparks from his brother next to him. When he opened his eyes, nothing but a scorch remained.

Nikita stretches out a hand, and a burst of light illuminates the area. One random foe is stuck by a small lightning bolt.

Full Spectrum(Evocation): The brief flash of light seemed harmless, but Dyen felt sick to his stomach immediately afterwards. As he stepped forward to strike, his vision swam and he missed completely.

A bright flash of light shines from Nikita's eyes for a fraction of a second. The target receives penalties to attack and defense.

Short(Evocation)(1 Stamina): Nikita brought her hands up before her and clasped them together tightly, glaring at Breaton's formidable form. He looked at her curiously, when nothing happened, but when smoke began to rise from his furs, he began to panic. Too late, though, for he was soon a ball of fire, the deep humming in the air drowning out his screams.

Nikita clasps her hands, and the target bursts into flame.

Spasm(Enchantment): Allen roared at the little mage, about to break her scrawny little arm. If only he could move.

Nikita makes a grasping motion at the target, and it is paralyzed for a turn.

Discharge(Vitaemancy): Numerinus chased the dwarf as she ran, but as time went on, his body felt heavy and numb, until he could barely feel his limbs. He watched as his life slipped away.

Nikita throws a burning white spark at the target, and it takes moderate damage over time for several turns.

Recharge(Vitaemancy): Nikita collapsed against the wall, coughing blood. As her wounds slowly closed, she mused over how much worse off she would be without this spell.

Nikita touches the target with two fingers, and they begin to regenerate a small amount of health every turn for a short duration. More effective when the target is at rest.

Reanimate(Vitaemancy): The lightning bolt had blinded them for a few seconds, but they could hear the energetic coughing of Numerinus's body all the same. He would hide no secrets now.

Nikita places a hand over the target's heart, and a lightning bolt strikes them. The head of target is temporarily reanimated for several minutes for questioning. Stamina can be used to extend the duration of the spell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is still a thing, it's just a thing that's below "catch up on sleep" on my to-do list. (Protip: never take two creative writing classes at once, especially when neither of them are in a genre you know anything about and one of them is "taught" by a professor who doesn't know anything about teaching.) Here's a calender. I'll do the prep and log over Thanksgiving break.

Dikiyoba.

Then it seems that last session's log is arriving in the nick of time!

Quote:
Samos: "I had a job where I shoveled [manure] once, and it paid better than this."

Nikita: "I don't think we should be complaining about rocks."

Gunnar: "Your wife in my bed and your sons all lay dead/My swords dripping with blood."

Ak-Deevt: "Is that supposed to be musical?"

Grastakoss: "Hi there, good-lookin'. Aren't you in luck? You're just in time for dinner."

Dikiyoba.

Click to reveal.. (Ak-Deevt Level 7)
Adding: 1 to Intelligence, 5 to Evocation (1+2+3+4+5), 1 to First Aid (4)

Name: Ak-Deevt
Alignment: Inquisitive
Race: Lacewing

Level: 7
Skill Points: 1

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 4
Intelligence: 7
HP: 45/45
Stamina: -/10

Magic (Conjuration): 6
Magic (Transmutation): 6
Magic (Evocation): 5
Magic (Enchantment): 5
Martial (Knives): 3
First Aid: 4
Nature: 3
Stealth: 2
Artifice: 2
Thievery: 1 (RB)
History: 1 (RB)

New spells:
Strike (evoc), (pending approval), Evokes a powerful blast of elemental or other energy (i.e. lightning) to bombard a target, or several targets close together with weaker blasts.
Manipulate (evoc), (pending approval), allows the caster to move or otherwise alter existing substances. This spell’s effects are stronger the closer the substance is to a base energy or element, and may cost stamina for very large or impure instances.

Level up!

Click to reveal..
Name: Grastakoss

Race: Dragonborn

Alignment: Bellicose

Lvl: 7

Str: 9

Dex: 2

Int: 5

HP: ??/61 (was 43/52)

Stm: ??/10 (was 6/10)

Speed: 4 (encumbered)

Martial (Flails): 9

Magic (Evocation): 8

First Aid: 6 (RB)

Composure: 4 (RB)

Perception: 3

Nature: 1

Stealth: 1

And a new Evocation spell:

Click to reveal..
Cosmic Inflation (1 stamina): Creates a zone of distorted space centred around the caster, making all distances appear longer than normal. If the caster moves, the zone moves with him. For everyone except the caster, movement costs within the zone are doubled and ranged attacks that enter or leave the boundaries of the zone have a penalty to hit. Maintaining the zone for more than a few rounds may cost additional stamina for upkeep.

Samos is pulling out his emergency combat spellbook.

Click to reveal..
Samos, level 7

Elf

Alignment: Pragmatic

3 Str/6 Dex/7 Int

?/28 HP, ?/10 stamina

Magic (Divination): 9

Martial (Blowdarts): 8

Stealth: 5

Streetwise: 2+1

Thievery: 2

Nature: 2

Martial (Spears): 2

Perception: 1

Artifice: 1

Composure: 0+1

Spells:

Vision: Gives a vision of a location, allowing the caster to see and hear things as if they were present. The closer the area is and the more familiar to the caster, the longer and clearer the vision will be.

Portent: Offer advice regarding a person's immediate future. Stamina is recommended for accuracy.

Lehun's Messenger: Allows the caster to send a brief verbal message to someone they are personally acquainted with, even across great distances. The recipient may make a brief reply. Costs 1 stamina.

Divine Eye: This spell alerts the caster any time intelligent creatures enter or leave the target area.

Glimpse of Oblivion: Shows a single opponent the emptiness of the universe, stunning that enemy or making them cower in fear.

Instinct: Hones the caster's instincts, providing a small bonus on the next few strength and dexterity-based rolls.

Fated Strike: This spell looks into the caster's fate and sees how he will live and his opponents fall. He receives a large accuracy bonus on his next attack. Move-equivalent Action.

Name: Gunnar Fachtna Sigurd Leolin

Race: Lacewing

Level 7

Hit Points: ??/??

Stamina: 10/10

Str: 5 (+1) (+goblin strength)

Dex: 8

Int: 3

History: 5 (+3) (+1 Racial)

Martial (Knife): 6

Nature: 6

Perception: 4

Stealth: 6

Streetwise: 5 (+2)

Thievery: 5 (+1 Racial)

Stored Points: 0

Originally Posted By: Mistborn
Do we know yet if Thursday is going to work for the next session?

Unfortunately not. And the end of the semester is approaching, which means my schedule will probably be the limiting factor on this calender.

Calender. Please fill it out. And Nalyd, you still need to level up Nikita.

Dikiyoba.

Click to reveal.. (Character Sheet)
Name: Nikita Otto
Race: Dwarf
Deity: Tempecomt
Alignment: “Something odd, that’s for sure.”

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Max HP: 24 (+2)

Artifice: 1 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Magic(Abjuration): 4 +1
Magic(Conjuration): 5 +1
Magic(Evocation): 7
Magic(Enchantment): 4 +1
Magic(Vitaemancy): 5
Streetwise: 2
Stealth: 2
Religion: 6 (+1) (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Bank: 1 (+1)

Click to reveal.. (Spellbook)
Capacitance(Abjuration): Numerinus felt a tingling all over his skin, and he felt hot and itchy. But when the enemy's blade pierced his shoulder, he could see that the minor discomfort was worth it.

Nikita touches the target, and it becomes electrically charged. Any enemy - or any thing, really - that the target touches receives an electrical shock.

Like Charge(Abjuration): Allen charged the dwarf, but the closer he got, the harder he had to fight. It seemed like his own body was fighting against him. By the time he got there, he had to take a breather.

Nikita clasps both hands around her holy symbol, and an invisible repulsive field comes into being around the target. An enemy cannot move adjacent to the target and attack on the same turn.

Amber Man(Conjuration)(2 Stamina): The mass of twisting, crackling ropes of electricity rose higher and higher, to twice the height of a man, before it began to take a real shape. Arms and legs sprouted, and the lightning seemed to solidify into a humming translucent crystal, though still shifting and crackling as the creature moved. It lumbered towards the stunned little Sawbones, leaving scorch marks on the ground and a deep, unsettling hum in the air.

Nikita devotes two turns and two Stamina to raising a large, fearsome construct that will deal electricity damage to everything it touches. It is autonomous, and will attack enemies on its own, but Nikita can lose a turn to give it special orders.

Electromagnet(Evocation): Anthony felt a tugging at his weapon and armor - he tried to hold on, but he was pulled from his feet and the hammer flew from his grasp in a matter of seconds.

Nikita holds one hand to her holy symbol and stretches the other towards her target. Any magnetic materials will be pulled and pushed however she commands.

Arc(Evocation): Allen shut his eyes tight against the flash of light, but he still felt the sparks from his brother next to him. When he opened his eyes, nothing but a scorch remained.

Nikita stretches out a hand, and a burst of light illuminates the area. One random foe is stuck by a small lightning bolt.

Full Spectrum(Evocation): The brief flash of light seemed harmless, but Dyen felt sick to his stomach immediately afterwards. As he stepped forward to strike, his vision swam and he missed completely.

A bright flash of light shines from Nikita's eyes for a fraction of a second. The target receives penalties to attack and defense.

Short(Evocation)(1 Stamina): Nikita brought her hands up before her and clasped them together tightly, glaring at Breaton's formidable form. He looked at her curiously, when nothing happened, but when smoke began to rise from his furs, he began to panic. Too late, though, for he was soon a ball of fire, the deep humming in the air drowning out his screams.

Nikita clasps her hands, and the target bursts into flame.

Spasm(Enchantment): Allen roared at the little mage, about to break her scrawny little arm. If only he could move.

Nikita makes a grasping motion at the target, and it is paralyzed for a turn.

Spark(Enchantment):Breaton's axe was just about to strike when the entire area burst into light. He recoiled, clutching his eyes.

Nikita snaps her fingers, and a flash of blinding light erupts from them.

Discharge(Vitaemancy): Numerinus chased the dwarf as she ran, but as time went on, his body felt heavy and numb, until he could barely feel his limbs. He watched as his life slipped away.

Nikita throws a burning white spark at the target, and it takes moderate damage over time for several turns.

Recharge(Vitaemancy): Nikita collapsed against the wall, coughing blood. As her wounds slowly closed, she mused over how much worse off she would be without this spell.

Nikita touches the target with two fingers, and they begin to regenerate a small amount of health every turn for a short duration. More effective when the target is at rest.

Reanimate(Vitaemancy): The lightning bolt had blinded them for a few seconds, but they could hear the energetic coughing of Numerinus's body all the same. He would hide no secrets now.

Nikita places a hand over the target's heart, and a lightning bolt strikes them. The head of target is temporarily reanimated for several minutes for questioning. Stamina can be used to extend the duration of the spell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...