Bored...

mediaboy

What challenges are there for an Unregistered Version of E2/E3?

I mean - I can't register, so can't go and complete all 5 of the monster plagues in E3, and can't get to Magi Tower in E2... Before anyone asks - I DEFINITELY can't register, as I lack the payment method frown

In E2 I've gone and done Vahnatai Caves, all of the tests, and killed Mancuso AND the starting place in Chapter 3 (you try it some day laugh )

Also Killed Naga, and the starting fort. Done Nephil Cave, killed the Empire Camp west of the slith fort in E2 (Also killed)

Killed Talking Spiders (easy enough) after doing all their quests. Attack Exile Guard Patrols as a quick way of training... what else is there?

In E3, I've completed both of the monster plagues do able. Killed off the trogoldyte specials (Pass Guards, Pass Village and Camp west of the caslte... including ambushes)

Joined Anama, robbed them. Killed off the guardian in the docks at Shayder and nicked all that stuff. Done some of the minor quests, but still got to get round to killing those Slith in the Mines (haven't been bothered yet... I'm not actually sure if they're there due to not checking.)

Would Kill off towns in E3 but there's none without some Guards (90 hitpoints, unbeatable armour, attack 3 times, AND have resistance to most things... most of the towns are harder than killing of Mortrax in E2)

What else is there to do?

I have also got a party to the point where Exile Guard Patrols ran from me.... and deleted the saving due to everything being too easy... I even completed the ambush and Solberg's Tower, killed off Fort Draco - but not Formello... even then the guards could hurt me enough to kill me...

Quote:
The whole trilogy is only $25 now. Talk to your parents, offer to do some extra work around the house if necessary, and see how far it gets you.

Dikiyoba.
$25= £18 (?)

That's 1/3 year's work for me using current income.

I can't exactly do some extra work - my siblings leave me nothing to do.

Quote:
In A/E2, once you bring down the barriers, you can use the Editor to return to Avernum. More areas will have opened up for you.
I know of this, and have tried. I complted all of the Vahnatai Tasks etc. spoke to the coucil, went to portal, asked to teleport. THEN I tried to return and get past barriers. They were still there.

In the older versions they went down and you could go one 100x100 square further out, but not into any locations (the links weren't there.)

So you could go and fight the giants, set of the Slith Ambushes, fight the Magi Patrols (if you where lucky enough) and fight the Empire Camps around the upper part of Exile.

About the best then is to play the other demos for Nethergate and Geneforge series even though they are different types of games.

You might try a site like The Underdogs where you can download free games that have been abandoned my their makers. They have games for Windows and Macs.

Nethergate/Geneforge don't work on my NT 4.1 computer. I wish Geneforge did frown

I signed up to an abandonware site, and have about 1 gigabyte of download credit. There's NOTHING to download that I won't - or rather... what I want, I've downloaded.

Stuff like Master of Magic, Galdiator (the 2d Arcade version - which is worth playing if you like that sort of thing), the older civilizations, microprose stuff...

50% of them didn't work. Sounds pessimistic doesn't it? Completed the Demo's of E2, E3, A2, A3, A4 (At a friends) and BoE.

Completed most of my CD games, gone beyond completion of quite a few other things, and generally am stuck with nothing to do.

The barriers came down as a bug I think, in one of the first copies out. I have a copy of Exile 2.019 on a CD that lets you come back past the barriers. Don't know about Macs. I'm on a PC.

A2 might let you come past (I can't remember too well) but even if it did, it's not that many challenges.

Well, none of the Spiderweb games is particularly challenging unregistered. I suppose you could try and complete the testing in GF3 without registering, those golems are fairly tough, and you're not supposed to be able to handle them that early, but there's nothing to stop you from trying.

Edit: Oh right, GF doesn't work on your computer. Shame.

Quote:
What challenges are there for an Unregistered Version of E2/E3?
I never had the unregistered version of E2, but here's a few challenges for E3:

Before I got the registered version, one thing I used to do was wait around for the Tower of Magi disaster, and tackle the demons there.

On the Isle of Bigail, there's a crypt with a powerful undead creature (for new parties anyway) at the center. Also on the island, you could go after an item called Patchar's Plate.

I'm not sure anymore, but I think you could even get the recipe for Knowledge Brew in the unregistered version.

If you wait around long enough, you can get the Orb of Thralni. When you do, fly out to some of the little islands scattered everywhere.

You can't enter Sharimik or Lorelei in the unregistered versions, nor can you do much--if anything--with the Troglos or Giants; but once you have the Orb of Thralni, you can fly over certain mountain ranges and attack some giant encampments near Lorelei.
Quote:
Done some of the minor quests, but still got to get round to killing those Slith in the Mines (haven't been bothered yet... I'm not actually sure if they're there due to not checking.)
I'm assuming you're talking about the mine just outside of Gloddale. If memory serves, you can tackle the Sliths there. Spoiler: I recommend going in through the eastern entrance, it's a lot easier and avoids a bunch of traps.

Originally by the Mystic:

Quote:
I'm assuming you're talking about the mine just outside of Gloddale. If memory serves, you can tackle the Sliths there. Spoiler: I recommend going in through the eastern entrance, it's a lot easier and avoids a bunch of traps.
But if mediaboy looking for challenges, then Dikiyoba thinks the more difficult way is the appropriate one.

Quote:
On the Isle of Bigail, there's a crypt with a powerful undead creature (for new parties anyway) at the center. Also on the island, you could go after an item called Patchar's Plate.
Patchar's Plate? Don't you start that one in Loreli?

And the undead creature won't last long against 6 priests that do about 600 combined damage a turn... I'm level 25+ now.. having completed Slith Mines, and smashing through the goblin cave and the drakes in the volcano area.

Quote:

You can't enter Sharimik or Lorelei in the unregistered versions, nor can you do much--if anything--with the Troglos or Giants; but once you have the Orb of Thralni, you can fly over certain mountain ranges and attack some giant encampments near Lorelei.
Near Loreli? You can go that far? You can go up past the giant encounters, but after Ursagi Valley/ Valley of Giants there's not much else.

Quote:
But if mediaboy looking for challenges, then Dikiyoba thinks the more difficult way is the appropriate one.
The Dikiyoba must have some mages in his party... or a very strong person... with 6 priests, max stregnth 6, the door wouldn't open so I had to be crude and go in the back way. I DID empty the mines though, and took all the ores... hittiing the 15 thousand gold mark in the process.

Quote:

Geneforge won't, but Nethergate will. The Nethergate demo is quite fun, and it's twice the apparent size due to being able to play both sides.
Nethergate doesn't. I tried.

Oh, and add on a couple more to the list of completed challenges:

I didn't rob anama.. it was what I was attempting when I wrote my first post... I might write a blog of how I got to 6 level 30s in under a week though... and in 50 game days. I'm on day 31 at the moment, and all my people are 25+. My lowest is 25, and my highest is 31. All are Priests, and they do up to 600 total combined damage a turn.. per square.

Using area effects then probably do about 18 times that (Divine Thud covers 18 squares)

Erm... did Slith Mines, and am off to see if X made any items in E3.

Originally by mediaboy:

Quote:
The Dikiyoba must have some mages in his party... or a very strong person... with 6 priests, max stregnth 6, the door wouldn't open so I had to be crude and go in the back way.
Actually, I haven't played E3, or even much of A3, so I don't know anything about the Slith Mines.

But you asked for challenges, so Dikiyoba assumed that charging into difficult situations would be your thing.

Quote:
Originally written by mediaboy:
Patchar's Plate? Don't you start that one in Loreli?
Actually, you hear about it in the Gale library, but if memory serves, you can still get it in the unregistered version. Don't ask me where it is, though, because I've bothered to get it only once or twice in the past four or five years.
Quote:
Near Loreli? You can go that far?
Almost. You can't get to the automap section that has Lorelei on it, but you can get to the one just east of it. I used to go over that way just to kill a bunch of giants to get experience, and to kill time waiting for the Tower of Magi disaster.

Patchar's Plate is on Kuper Island accessable from Bigail. I thought you needed to visit Gale to get in there.

You can go pretty far up the east coast but without being able to get into any towns. I know I played an unregistered version of Exile 3 a few times before I registed. You really can't do much without getting into the northern part after a while.

i have to admit, it is annoying being only 13 sometimes. i'm 13 too! in E2, im not sure if anyone has already told you this (I didn't have time to read ALL the posts!), but.....#1 there is a shop you can find if you look to the east of fort draco ( i think its fort draco, its the 1 you start in anyway)and its got Heaps of cool stuff there for sale, you can kill the guy and take all the stuff, and he REAPPEARS!

if you keep on going there you can get some pretty kool stuff.......#2 haven't you been down the krack? u no, the crack in the wall of formello, to get into chapter 2, if youve done that, and youve got to chapter 3, and youve done all three tasks, then i think youre done

happy to help

laugh

Quote:
Originally written by wonkyth:
there is a shop you can find if you look to the east of fort draco ( i think its fort draco, its the 1 you start in anyway)and its got Heaps of cool stuff there for sale, you can kill the guy and take all the stuff, and he REAPPEARS!
It's not a bug or cheat or anything; it's just how the Exile series was written. If you steal something, or kill somebody, or do whatever to make the town hostile, you can just visit 3 or 4 towns/dungeons to reset it. spiolers: The only exceptions I know of are from E3: Shayder (you rob the Anama), and both Fort Emergence and Blackcrag fortress (you attack somebody).