(E2) - exile patrols

trener

Hello. Here is the problem:

I slayed some exile wandering patrols at the beginig of the game and actualy i didnt care to reload. the starting patrols where weak - fight with some soldiers/archers and an occasional mage/apprentice.

But later in the game this is a BIG problem couse now i have to fight with +15 or more GUARDS...(the battles with guards are annoying and hard)

Is there a way to undo this. I dont want to fight with exile patrols anymore. (i checked editor and there is no option to do this)

I wandered into that very same problem when I first started playing E2 many years ago in 1998. I'm sorry to say that I never was able to find a way out of he situation and was regretably forced to restart my entire game. But don't give up though...someone else here might have found a way!

Oh and by the way...Welcome to Spiderweb Software trener...leave your sanity at the door!

Post #495 cool

• 1 month later...

In Exile 2, items you get from kill are random iirc. But you don't have to kill your brother in arms to get exp and gold, there are a lot of empire patrols too.

The empire's checkpoints are also very good to get a huge amount of eperience and loot, then you can visit Walby and, if he doesn't have anything good to sell, Silverlock for skill potions.

Originally Posted By: SlayerBlade
when my level gets decent enough i hunt the patrols big time for the big exp and gold. lot of times i find items worth nice chunks of gold. it's also a good way to get items like wave blades and rings.
Do you mean Vahnatai patrols? Their the only ones who have waveblades, at least in Avernum...

It's probably a relic of how drops work in Exile; basically, each item belongs to a value class (from 1 to 4), and each monster is assigned one of those classes to indicate how good the gear they drop is. Then, when a monster dies, the game just selects random items with the same value class as the monster.

At least, that's how it works in Blades of Exile. I wouldn't be surprised if Exile 2 does the same thing.