compilation of scenarios?

half0tempo

Hey, I was looking for this website called The Archive that compiled most BoE scenarios, and it seems to have just fallen off the planet. I liked the format and the easy access to nearly every scenario out there. Anyways, since it is gone, I was thinking, is there anyone who has a copy of all known BoE scenarios on their computer? It would be cool if there was some kind of compressed file that has all scenarios in it...it would be nice to have a hard copy backup of them in case website that contain them die; and of course just so I have them all ;D. I don't know if there is something stopping a file like this like that from being created, if it's not possible, or I'm blind and just can't find it...but just thought I'd put it out there.

And by the way, is the spidweb website the best access to scenarios currently?

Sorry for the long post!

Jewels' TrueSite for Blades probably has the most complete collection around aside from Kelandon's. (I might be wrong, BoE isn't something I pay much attention to, but it's a place to start.)

I thought that there was someone distributing a single archive of many/all available scenarios, and I thought that it might have been W-Dueck, but his site has gotten strange and unfriendly recently, so I can't check. Maybe someone else knows.

http://cid-7c0b1ecd4408eaa8.office.live.com/browse.aspx/exile/AllScen

It's missing five or six scenarios, but you can get all the missing ones off of TrueSite. The thread on CalRef is here but since you have to register to see it I copied the url for the downloads over.

I've been meaning to get around to repackaging them better, but RL and all...

The Site you're probably referring to is "Kelandon's BoE Archive". I just looked for it and came up with a blank page.

Traci should have all the Scenarios, but I too, haven't looked at either of them in a while now.

I believe I have all the Scenarios, except for the ones "Under Construction". However, I'm down a dusty country road on "Dial-Up" and don't have a Web-Site.

If you're looking for a particular Scenario I'll be glad to send it to you, but I don't think sending the whole batch is practical.

Let me know how you do finding Kelandon's or what Traci doesn't have and maybe I can fill in the blanks.

me

Is there just a flat list of all the scenarios out there? And cool, I'll have to get that package right now thanks for the fast responses!

Ah, and yes, Kelandon's BoE Archive is definitely the site I was looking for, too bad it no longer exists! If I do have trouble finding a specific scenario I'll let you know! And thanks for the welcome, been playing exile off and on for years and years, one of the greatest games of all time. smile

FWIW:

A while back, just after I joined BoE, I found that Scenarios were scattered all over and that none of the Sites had a complete listing, not even the Spiderweb Site.

I made comment about this and in doing so, apparently stepped on some sensitive toes.

It did, however, gain some attention. 'Traci's True Site for Blades' and 'Kelandon's Archive' were established.

* I try to thank them as often as I can; they've both done a commendable thing for the Community.

I had/have collected everything I could find and will continue to maintain my list as long as I'm still able.

To my shame, I haven't watched their Sites very often and hadn't realized that Kelandon seems to have "disappeared". I had "assumed" that both Sites had all the available Scenarios; 'my bad'.

At present, I have a list of 341 Scenarios which includes Games, Utilities and even the names of the ones that are Lost, Incomplete, etc.

I will go over my list and compare it with what is posted at 'True Site' and then forward any missing Scenarios there. Please realize that it may take a bit of time to accomplish, but they're on the way.

In the meantime, if anyone wants a specific Scenario, just post it and I'll respond as soon as I see the post.

One last comment; I've also made a few Walk-Throughs for some Scenarios. Although I originally wanted to have them posted also, I've had second thoughts and don't feel that would be appropriate to the Authors, but I will answer any requests for help as is the 'norm'.

me

I've known that the Archive has been down for, at this point, literally years. I assumed, since no one said anything, that no one used the site and so no one cared. The issue is one of webspace. I have KPPP (my main webpage) on on ISP's webspace, an account that I still have, but I had the Archive on another ISP's webspace on an account that I don't still have (and haven't had since, er, 2006, I think).

I still have backups of the whole thing saved on my computer, so it would be trivial to re-create the Archive, but I need webspace with which to do it. Suggestions?

Originally Posted By: Ahbleza'Traci's True Site for Blades'

Isn't TrueSite hosted by Jewels?

How does "Traci's" fit there?

Time passes, Seasons change, names change.

To quote Alcritas:

"The sun rose, and set. People fell in and out of love. Men died and babies were born. And many other things."

me: (Glenn, Ahbleza, Ishna, Tonweya, etc.)

That would be awesome if The Archive went back up! smile Yeah, I had noticed it went down ages ago and just never actually said anything to anyone. I mean, as far as my searching has gone, it was definitely the most complete and easily navigable scenario page I have come across. I was so bummed when I wasn't able to find it anymore! It's also great being back in the community, I was always checking The Lyceum which seemingly has mostly died, but I thought because it was dead, that was the end of exile...haha glad to know I was completely mistaken. Spidweb forums is where it's at!

To Neimand:

If you're interested in posting another BoE Archive Site, simply create the Site, download all the Scenarios and post them with your own particular 'flair'.

IMNSHO several sites are a good idea and assure that new members to the Community will be able to continue as it appears you, and all of us, have.

"Go for it".

me

FWIW:

I've compared what I have to what True-Site has and there is nothing missing.

True-Site has been a really great Archive all along and continues to be so.

As to the "figure something out", aren't there some existing sites that could add the Scenarios to their site?

I have no ability with web sites, but it seems that adding the Scenarios would not only be a good thing for the Community, but would bring more attention to a site.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Originally Posted By: Ahbleza
'Traci's True Site for Blades'
Isn't TrueSite hosted by Jewels? How does "Traci's" fit there?

My RL name is and always will be Traci. Glenn and I have had enough e-mails back and forth to be on RL name basis. wink

So yeah, I haven't updated TrueSite in 6 months but since no one has finished another BoE scenario it's still up to date. BoA on the other hand is missing a few of the newer ones.

I don't see myself making any big upgrades any time soon but I can probably get those new BoA scenarios up... eventually.

Ps. The Archive can be added to the SW Satellite Archive if people don't care about redundancy. If TrueSite goes down everything goes down. True, I never used The Archive because I already have all the scenarios on my hard drive but if The Archive format is desired, it can easily be added.