is this game worth playing

Dark chaos

Quote:
Originally written by lord llama:
im looking at playing these games but am put off by the grafix.is it worth plaing the game despite its poor graix confusedconfusedconfusedconfused
It depends on what you want in your games. If you want a good story and fun gameplay, Exile is great, especially Exile 2 and some BoE scenarios. Think of it like a book: books don't have 3-D graphics or special effects, but some books are more fun than most computer games.

If what you want in your games is realistic graphics, realistic real time movement, etc, buy The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. (However, you might have to buy a new computer to play it. smile )

Exile 1 is the oldest and you probably will hate having only a few slots to store items. Exile 2 has the best plot, better graphics, and a better game engine. Exile 3 is the surface, but you now have a weight limitation. Blades of Exile depends upon the scenario.

The graphics aren't that bad and the plots are good.

It depends upon what you like.

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
Quote:
im looking at playing these games but am put off by the grafix.is it worth plaing the game despite its poor graix confusedconfusedconfusedconfused
It depends on what you want in your games. If you want a good story and fun gameplay, Exile is great, especially Exile 2 and some BoE scenarios. Think of it like a book: books don't have 3-D graphics or special effects, but some books are more fun than most computer games.

If what you want in your games is realistic graphics, realistic real time movement, etc, buy The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. (However, you might have to buy a new computer to play it. smile )
to be entiely honist i hate reading and avoid it as much as i can laugh

as for the replies tyvm i will go and download this game now

Quote:
to be entiely honist i hate reading and avoid it as much as i can laugh
You dislike reading but enjoy SW games? Interesting…

The Avernum trilogy is more or less the same as the Exile trilogy. There are some differences, but not enough to play both trilogies, IMO.

Try BoE instead.

Quote:
Originally written by 1337 h4x0r:
IMO, it's a lot like acid. You can't ask someone their opinion and expect them to be right, you have to take the time to experience the game(s) yourself and decide whether or not it's worth registering afterwards. But hey, that's just what I think. And I'm usually wrong.
How is that like acid?

That's not exactly the acid I was reffering to...the point I was trying to get across was that you can't have someone explain the Exile/Avernum games to you, you need to go and play them yourself to truly experience their greatness and uniqueness. Acid and Avernum are both fun, original trips and it's best to just figure that out for yourself instead of having someone try to explain it to you. Not a very good comparison on my part, but I tried.

I look at it this way: the graphics for this game are lack-luster, when you compare them to the likes of modern games. However the art is fantastic, it gets across exactly what it needs to, and is fun and engaging.

As far as story goes, exile II has a better story then all the ps2 games I’ve played in the recent years.

• 1 month later...