Blades of Exile

Xael

I am trying to run a scenario I made in Blades. Everything goes smoothly until I try to exit the dungeon I set as the starting location. I get an error message saying:

BLADES caused a general protection fault in BLADES.EXE at 0016:1AAA

I tried everything listed at the top of this forum. I am using version 1.0.1 on windows XP.

The standard version of Blades available on Spiderweb's website is very old and doesn't run well on new computers. You're better off with Open BoE, a community project which fixes bugs and updates Blades to run on modern computers. Try that and tell me if you still have the problem.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
The standard version of Blades available on Spiderweb's website is very old and doesn't run well on new computers. You're better off with Open BoE, a community project which fixes bugs and updates Blades to run on modern computers. Try that and tell me if you still have the problem.

So I'm guessing that although there are 32-bit BoE's offered, there are no 64-bit builds available, or are they just hidden away somewhere I'm not looking?

Originally Posted By: Dantius

So I'm guessing that although there are 32-bit BoE's offered, there are no 64-bit builds available, or are they just hidden away somewhere I'm not looking?

The 32-bit builds work fine on 64-bit machines. At least, they do for me.

There are no 64-bit builds available, but I'd guess it would be really easy to make your own if you actually care enough.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
There are no 64-bit builds available, but I'd guess it would be really easy to make your own if you actually care enough.

Caring enough is the operative thing. There really is no need to make BoE 64-bit. It's not like it's ever going to need more than 3GB of RAM. tongue

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
There really is no need to make BoE 64-bit. It's not like it's ever going to need more than 3GB of RAM. tongue

Don't urge them on. Someone will make a scenario just to prove you wrong.

I still remember someone say that no one would need more than 640 kB of RAM on a Sun Microsystem workstation. smile

Originally Posted By: Randomizer

Don't urge them on. Someone will make a scenario just to prove you wrong.

I still remember someone say that no one would need more than 640 kB of RAM on a Sun Microsystem workstation. smile

If some1 makes so big scenario that BoA needs over 3.5GB ram then that person needs life.

It was Bill Gates who said it 30ish years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
It was Bill Gates who said it 30ish years ago.

that never actually happened

I knew it! All history older than 29 years is a total lie! The universe was made 29.8 years ago and set up to look much older!

Originally Posted By: Master1
I knew it! All history older than 29 years is a total lie! The universe was made 29.8 years ago and set up to look much older!
Reminds me of an old slogan from my parents' generation: "Don't trust anyone over 30." And now, ironically, everyone alive from that generation is well over 30. tongue