Rumors of My Death: An AIMhack Campaign

Ephesos

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, well I have a log of last session for those interested in seeing how the party almost died.

And also, quotes!

Click to reveal.. (You've been attacked by a gang of wild quotes!)
  • Mal: "Well, if you want to get me... erm... hang on, I'm not very good at this quipping thing yet..."
  • Aurora: "Next time, we desecrate any corpses we find, church or no church."
  • Bandit Leader: "Feel the wrath of Rikkla the Cold!"
  • Adon: "We're the powerful ones around here now."
  • Kurex: "I solemnly swear to renounce pacifism and to always, always have a Fireball spell on me, at all times."
  • Josun: "You know, we were actually working quite well there for a moment, why go and ruin it?"

See you all on Wednesday!

I'd love to see the party take after the French more in-game. First the party declares themselves a constituent assembly for the city of Sarden, charging yourselves to create a new constitution for Sarden. Then you implement a Terror, guillotine half of the party members, and then surrender to the Germans somewhere along the way.

...just for all that, no level.

But seriously, no level. I don't want people leveling up in the middle of doing something big. You'll all have to live with your choices for now.

Originally Posted By: Airick, Sentinel of Khashen
"The Oracle says something big is about to happen. Double the patrols until I say otherwise."

Okay, so I've got some bad news. Michigan's currently under siege by some rather nasty windstorms, intense enough to cause power outages. I've already lost power once, and have had the occasional surge. Now, the storms should fully debate abate by tomorrow afternoon, but I figured I should... *watches lights flicker and monitor dim* ...should give you a heads-up.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Okay, so I've got some bad news. Michigan's currently under siege by some rather nasty windstorms, intense enough to cause power outages. I've already lost power once, and have had the occasional surge. Now, the storms should fully debate abate by tomorrow afternoon, but I figured I should... *watches lights flicker and monitor dim* ...should give you a heads-up.

In fairness, I heard the same thing about the storms here, and they've totally blown over after a few hours. Especially seeing as you've got another day and a half until the session...

Oh, but the winds might pose a problem, though; it's like 35 MPH here.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Wow, that's like the third spanner we've had in the past week.

I know, I'm sick of it. Keeps throwing a wrench into my plans for this thread...

Originally Posted By: Vothella, lacewing dreamthief
"Damned if I know whether Rikkla and Trassak are still alive. I'm just preparing to get in the good graces of whoever follows."

I'll admit, I'm surprised nobody beat me to that one. You all had seven hours, slackers!

Originally Posted By: Lars, dwarven adventurer
"Once I knew a mage who thought it would be impressive to release the magic from an enchanted sword. Poor guy was never all that smart, but he didn't deserve that."

Yes, pending some hazy plans I should be able to scrape a log together tonight. Then I will reveal all.

Originally Posted By: Lerasti, historian
"The frozen wastes at the edges of our world have always intrigued me, as their histories are shrouded in mystery. I wonder what lies buried under the ice."

Woo, the log of session 4 is finally done. Webs is being unpleasant right now, so the rest of the site isn't totally solid.

Now...

Click to reveal.. (Massive quote damage!)
  • Josun: "And if we get into a fight again, how do you think our chance look?"
  • Adon: "It's times like these that I really, really wish I had magic."
  • Kurex: "I thought sufficent deformation of the vessel would disable the base enchantments. I was wrong."
  • Aurora: "This... isn't like I thought it would be. I've heard about worse than this, but to actually see it in front of my eyes..."
  • Mal: "Whatever did this isn't... isn't Motian. It's evil."

...so yeah. I did trim most of the OoC discussion from the log like I usually do. Obviously, the hubbub revolves around this particular bit of the log:

Click to reveal.. (ACTUAL SPOILERS HERE, BEWARE)
Kurex lobs a plasma bolt at the spike in the dwarf's hand. A look of pure shock crosses his face as it strikes dead-on the bolt.

You see it briefly glow bright red, followed by several other spikes still lodged in the dwarf's bracers.

In an enormous explosion, all of the spikes detonate, filling the hallway with a catastrophic fireball.

When the smoke clears, you see Josun and Mal flat on the ground. Mal is clearly unconscious and bleeding severely, and Josun is moving slightly.

Adon is not moving, and has been thrown back into the wall.

Several doors have been blasted open by the force.

The dwarf is still standing, or at least what's left of him. Burned beyond recognition, it seems that his plate mail is holding him up.

He takes one look at his injuries and collapses, instantly dead.

All total, Josun and Mal took 15 damage. This puts Josun at 2hp, and puts Mal at zero (his perk prevents blood loss).

Adon takes 30 damage.

A moment passes, and Adon's body simply dissolves into a pile of ash.

Click to reveal.. (...consequences of the above... ALSO EPIC SPOILERS)
Adon Zek has died. Mistb0rn has taken over an NPC character who was trapped down in the cells. He will control this character either until the end of the current dungeoncrawl, or until he dies. We will introduce that character shortly, and we'll decide what happens after the dungeon when we get there. Now I'm tired.

With all of that said, the next session will likely take place on Wednesday, November 10th, 6pm CST. NOTE: Daylight Savings Time ends between now and the session. That's important. tongue

(Also, expect some posts explaining that book you all found.)

Dinti, that's incredibly appropriate.

Anyway, since the next session isn't until next week, I think it's about time I dropped something worthwhile in this thread. You guys might remember when Aurora and Kurex played a few games of Triple Scumbag in the tavern back in session 2. Well, I figure I should post the rules, just in case anyone decides to try their luck again.

Also, I wanted to make it absolutely clear that I wasn't making it up as I went along. Um... yeah, that's the ticket. Anyway, next session is still November 10th, 6pm CST... remember, Daylight Savings Time ends in the US this weekend!

Originally Posted By: Triple Scumbag
Triple Scumbag is a simple game of chance, of common origin. It only requires dice, a flat surface, and a few willing chump-- I mean, players. Typically the game is limited to two players to keep the betting simple, but some enterprising hustlers are willing to take on multiple players to better confuse their marks.

Players must place their bets beforehand, and then each player casts three six-sided dice. Simply put, the better set of results wins. The results play out thusly, starting with the best hand:

• Triple 1s - Also known as a "Triple Scumbag," this is an automatic win.
  • Triple any other number
  • Three consecutive numbers (a straight run)
  • Any pair of numbers that isn't 1
  • Highest die
  • Two 1s - Also known as a "flop", "fail", "dreck", or "garbage", this is an automatic fail.
Rigging a game is common, but a degree of subtlety is expected. This is roughly the extent of the honor one will find among thieves and gamblers.

A couple things. First, the session is TODAY, in 7 hours! I aim to start on time, because I finally decided to just work from home on these days so I don't have to fight with the traffic gods.

Second, meet the guy you rescued from the dungeons last week, Finnio:

Click to reveal.. (Finnio)
Name: Finnio - Level 5

Race: Elf

Alignment: Shifty

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 7

Speed: 5

Health: 5/25

Stamina: 4/10

Magic (Transmutation): 5

Magic (Conjuration): 2

Stealth: 4

Composure: 5 (RB)

Streetwise: 1 (RB)

Martial (knives): 3

Perception: 4

First Aid: 3

Perks:

-Defiant to the Last - When reduced to 0 HP, only lose 1 STA/round.

-Scarred - Permanent -2 penalty to Composure rolls made for diplomacy.

Third... um, I got nothin'. See you later today for the massacr--- I mean, session.

Originally Posted By: Nesh-Talar of the Dark Claw
"There are some of my race who would have us believe that Phol-Phoram herself is our progenitor. We however see things differently. We see the greater power responsible for our world, and we pay it due tribute."

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Everyone died. It was sad.

Dikiyoba.

it would be fair to say that this post is greatly exaggerating

also, we levelled up

Click to reveal..
Name: Aurora
Race: Elf
Alignment: Resolute

Lvl: 6
Str: 3
Dex: 5