Using pregen characters

So is there any significant long term problems with starting with the pregen characters? I see there is some redundancy in skill point allotment but it doesn't seem too terrible. Reason Im asking is that I decided to just start with them because I tend to get carried away and bogged down with rpg character creation, spending way too much time. These days I just want to get into the game. I really don't want to have to go back and replay the few hours I've put into the game, but I'm really wondering if I should have went with customized characters now.

I'm not interested in optimal party power build too much though, I just want to make sure that I'm not handicapping myself in such a way that will make the endgame unplayable. Logically, it doesn't seem as if that would happen to pregens but figured I'd check with the experts before I get 20 hours in and REALLY regret it.

If it matters, I've started with Avernum 1...

Originally Posted By: Donbaloo
..I see there is some redundancy in skill point allotment but it doesn't seem too terrible..
Some of those skills stack among the party, thus having multiple characters have it is actually a good idea.
Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
You should be fine with the pregenerated characters.

Dikiyoba.
For some reason, I thought you said Impregnated... I probably should log off and get some sleep about now.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tirien
Originally Posted By: Donbaloo
..I see there is some redundancy in skill point allotment but it doesn't seem too terrible..
Some of those skills stack among the party, thus having multiple characters have it is actually a good idea.
Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
You should be fine with the pregenerated characters.

Dikiyoba.
For some reason, I thought you said Impregnated... I probably should log off and get some sleep about now.

Actualy I saw that too =o

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
If plays at easy or normal then no big problems but on hard etc there'll be big problems.

On hard there won't be big problems. On torment there might be, but I'm not even sure then; there aren't that many wasted skill points, and some are from the extra points that custom characters don't get. I think by the endgame you can make the default party quite workable.