Suing for becoming a video game junkie

Randomizer

Originally Posted By: Tirien, Master of Bacon
Dont forget about the cannibals. Everytime they eat someone, there's one less person to eat your meat.

shocked
*covers nephew's eyes*

Do you hug your mother with those hands? lol

(If he had spoken it, I would've said 'Do you kiss your mother with that mouth')

Post # 452 cool

* EDIT Hey look at that...I made the 100th reply!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Arch-Mage Solberg
Originally Posted By: Artemis~
This is probably 100% rumor, but i've heard around that meats actually took away from your life span.

I saw on my local NBC news a few months ago that some Vegan guy was promoting his views by saying that that was how it was first done in the Bible. Before the Flood, people ate only fruits and vegetables and lived for hundreds of years. It wasn't until after the Flood that God allowed humans to kill animals for meat and subsequently the lifespan of man shortened to just a few decades over the next 1,000 years. This was what the Vegan guy said anyway. cool

Post # 451

Oh great, he's vegan and a fundamentalist Christan. Sheesh, just throw in a PETA membership and you've got more crazy than the human body can hold...

Too much meat can be bad for you. One of the causes of Gout is eating to much red meat.

I saw on my local NBC news a few months ago that some Vegan guy was promoting his views by saying that that was how it was first done in the Bible. Before the Flood, people ate only fruits and vegetables and lived for hundreds of years. It wasn't until after the Flood that God allowed humans to kill animals for meat and subsequently the lifespan of man shortened to just a few decades over the next 1,000 years. This was what the Vegan guy said anyway.

I wonder what possible scientific basis he has for this, actually I wonder what basis he has for this in general. I don't seem to recall anything of this sort being mentioned in the bible. Almost wished I had one handy to refute this claim.

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
...I wonder what basis he has for this in general. I don't seem to recall anything of this sort being mentioned in the bible. Almost wished I had one handy to refute this claim.

It's not a unique belief among Creationist/biblical literalism-type Christians, although I don't know how common it is.

First time Dikiyoba has seen it used to advocate for veganism, though.

Dantius: I know your "crazy" comment was not meant to be taken too seriously, but please remember that we need to respect people who have different group memberships and opinions. "Here are two types of people I disagree with; I'll throw in a third and call them all crazy" is not a good reason to make a post.

You could make a case for the Animal Liberation Front being crazy. What they do is criminal, usually futile, and often harmful to everyone, human and animal, involved. PETA, on the other hand, pushes an agenda. You don't have to like the agenda, but it's not an unreasonable one per se.

Vegans, well, that's a rather broad category to start throwing crazy labels around at. Fundamentalist Christians are too broad and a group that has been happily claiming persecutions in the USA. Do you really need to contribute to that?

—Alorael, who is not sure what "scientific basis" and "Bible" have to do with one another. Do you mean to ask what Biblical basis the vegan has? Or whether there's archaeological evidence for early humans eating an entirely vegan diet, which there isn't?

It wasn't until after the Flood that God allowed humans to kill animals for meat and subsequently the lifespan of man shortened to just a few decades over the next 1,000 years.

The age limit is unrelated (by the bible at least, researchers might state otherwise) to the eating of meat, it was imposed before the flood due to the "sons of the God" mating with the "daughters of the Adam"

Originally Posted By: Alorael

Vegans, well, that's a rather broad category to start throwing crazy labels around at. Fundamentalist Christians are too broad and a group that has been happily claiming persecutions in the USA.

People are vegans or vegetarians for one of three reasons.

1. They have had a bad experience at Piccadilly.
2. Their parents are forcing them. (it happens)
or 3. They're soft and want to "save the life" of a chicken already marked for death.

It goes without saying that all vegans and vegetarians are crazy. Yours truly included. wink

Originally Posted By: Artemis~
blahblahblah

Or 4. They do it because they like posing as one for attention.

Also, actually giving a [censored] about the welfare of other forms of life doesn't make somebody "soft". You know, it pisses me off when people try to paint away life choices with large brush strokes. And I really dislike when somebody implies I'm soft because I think farming and killing an animal is cruel and disgusting, especially the way we choose to do it.

Oh, and your list missed off people who don't like the taste of murder, or who are allergic. But that's okay, because they must be crazy too.

Without wanting to punch-on with anybody (nikki), as far as we actually know this planet of ours is the only place anywhere that currently sustains life yet humans treat these rather sophisticated lifeforms like they just exist for us to trash. I see a huge void between the act of eating meat, and the abuse and excess of modern food production and consumption.

Originally Posted By: nikki.
Or 4. They do it because they like posing as one for attention.
Also, actually giving a [censored] about the welfare of other forms of life doesn't make somebody "soft". You know, it pisses me off when people try to paint away life choices with large brush strokes. And I really dislike when somebody implies I'm soft because I think farming and killing an animal is cruel and disgusting, especially the way we choose to do it.

Oh, and your list missed off people who don't like the taste of murder, or who are allergic. But that's okay, because they must be crazy too.
Isnt that what your post was all about? Also, if the animal died naturally, is it still murder?

How about people who are vegans in order to spark more trolling?

—Alorael, who is pretty sure the sons of God would have nothing to do with the daughters of men until they learned how to cook delicious, delicious dead animal flesh. The sons of God have refined palates.

Originally Posted By: Alorael
—Alorael, who is pretty sure the sons of God would have nothing to do with the daughters of men until they learned how to cook delicious, delicious dead animal flesh.

Men actually cook better than females when they have the incentive. And a cook book. And a helmet. Maybe a microwave. The daughters of men shall be unneeded. tongue

5. They've visited a slaughter house.

I'm pretty sure that if I'll ever visit a slaughter house, I will never be able to eat meat again (at least not whole heartedly (my firefox spellchecker doesn't recognize heartedly, how odd) and with a soothe stomach). It will be like someone saying feces in the middle of a meal to you guys (I could never understand what the fuss was about).