The shortest open beta ever.

Dintiradan

I've whipped my contest entry into something that's somewhat presentable, and it's available for download here:

http://dintiradan.ermarian.net/static/files/boa_scenarios/oops/latest.zip

(I'll make a fancypants webpage for it later.)

Warning: it's small. Like, Xerch'de small. I would have liked it to be bigger, but what can you do.

(banhammer for first 'that's what she said' joke)

So, as it turns out, I need to send this to the contest e-mail by this evening. So if you can play this (it's short) and find any bugs or give good suggestions before then, you will be famous and statues will be erected in your honour.

(Something I should add to the README: this scenario can easily be beaten by the default level one party on Torment.)

@Duck: Thanks! This is going to sound stupid, but I can't put the graphics file along with the other files on my Windows box without corrupting the graphics file. Could you create a brand new .zip (or .sit) file containing all the scenario files, not just the graphics file? If you can do so, redownload the scenario first -- I've put you in the credits. Again, thanks a bunch.

@Acky: Hmm. If it's not showing up at all, I'm nearly stumped. Two possible ideas. I know that there's a limit on how many scenarios can be present before BoA starts ignoring some. The limit's somewhere around 30 (I remember Nioca testing this and saying the limit was slightly different). Anyway, if you have a lot of scenarios already, back some existing ones up and remove them from the "Blades of Avernum Scenarios" folder.

Idea number two is that you extracted the .zip file into an `oops\` folder, not realizing that all the files were already inside a folder before they were zipped up. Make sure the directory looks something like `???\Blades of Avernum\Blades of Avernum Scenarios\Oops\(all the scenario files like basicnpc.txt, etc.)`.

If neither of these work, then I have no idea.