Sign in to follow this  
Heindrich1988

A3 Changing Difficulty

Hi all,

This kinda follows on from my question about pacing the game. I was told that the Tower of Magi disaster takes place around day 100 in Torment.

I just checked that I can change difficulty ingame, I was wondering if anyone knows whether this messes with the game script at all?

I am currently on day 86, and despite slowing down (exploring everywhere, resting every night even if I don't need to, and never travelling at night), I have already defeated the golems, so I'm likely to finish the game well before day 160.

Would it work if I turn game difficulty to Torment at day 99 to get the Tower disaster quest and then switch it back to normal or hard to actually do it? (I only have one priest-alchemist so masses of demons at torment could be tricky).

I don't know if it'll work or not, but you're more than welcome to try. Just remember to back up your saved game(s) first.

Do the optional dungeons and stuff if you haven't done them yet. Other than that, keep going through the game until your almost done, then wait for day 160.

I seem to remember that you can use the character editor to change the day counter. Seems a lot simpler than the other options.

BTW it's not always exactly day 160. It's a few years ago, but I think I set the day to 160 and then had to wander around for 2-3 days until the event triggered.