City of Hope: An Optimistic AIMHack Campaign

Lilith

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48-hour warning! (Well, more like 47-and-a-half-hour warning now.) I was hoping for the final 1.3 version of MapTool to be out by now, but it isn't, so we're still using version 1.3b76.

Also, the log's ready.

Click to reveal..
Phulax: "Why do these tests keep using dead goblins? Is there some metaphysical point being made?"

Lephista: "Jarrox, get back here! We're about to do something stupid and we need your expertise!"

Jarrox: "My dad is rich and thinks I'm some kind of failure, I got to get rich on my own and then do someting he hasn't to get back into his good graces."

Lephista: "Like steal this statue, you mean?"

Jarrox: "Yeah. Wait, I'm not stealing it. I found it first."

Dyen: "I am more than willing to help you out of here. I'm just saying, it might be in your best interests to help us. And not be beaten by goblins again."

Meredith: "You go ahead and try to kill them then. I'd like to not anger the guys who were AHEAD OF US AT EVERY STEP. And who, by the way, could have totally had us multiple times already."

Name: Dyen Dawes

Race: Elf

Alignment: Enlightenment

Level: 5

HP: 15/33 (+5)

Stamina: 2/10

Str: 5

Dex: 6 (+1)

Int: 4

Banked: 0 (-4)

Martial (Unarmed): 6 (+1)

Magic (Divination): 6 (+2)

Perception: 5

Composure: 5

Stealth: 5

Streetwise: 1

Religion: 3 (+3)

Perk: Make Your Own Luck -- Whenever you critically fail a roll, your next roll receives a +4 bonus.

Spells:

* Fated Strike: Dyen looks into his fate and sees how he will live and his opponents fall. He receives a large bonus to accuracy on his next attack. (Move-equivalent action.)

* Glimpse of Oblivion: Dyen shows a single opponent the emptiness of the universe, stunning that enemy or making them cower in fear.

* Feeling the Way: Dyen lays his hands on something: a wall, an object, or person, and is shown what fate intends for him to do with it. Where to go, what to say, how to use it. Results may vary.

* The Best Defense: Dyen looks into the future of the battle, and watches for the strikes and blows of his enemy. He gains a large bonus to defense until the end of his next turn. (Move-equivalent action)

As the above post may suggest, the party's survived another session and everyone levels up, receiving the usual stat and HP bonuses plus 18 skill points. Next session is scheduled for Friday 28th January at 11:59 pm UTC!

Also, for saving a fellow party member from his own recklessness twice in quick succession, Lephista has gained a perk!

Emergency Medical Response

When you use First Aid or healing magic on a character who is at 25% of their maximum HP or less, they receive an additional 2 points of healing.

Lephista

Race: Dragonborn

Alignment: Conflicted

Level: 6

HP: ??/47

Stamina: ?/10

Str: 7

Dex: 3

Int: 5

Magic (Conjuration): 8

Martial (Battleaxe): 7

First Aid: 5+1

Crafting (Alchemy): 3

Composure: 1+1

Perception: 1

Religion (Mariona): 1

Stealth: 1

1 point unspent

Perk: Emergency Medical Response

When you use First Aid or healing magic on a character who is at 25% of their maximum HP or less, they receive an additional 2 points of healing.

Phulax is...

Level 6

Strength 7

Dexterity 3

Intelligence 5

HP 31/42

Stamina 3/10

Magic (Transmutation) 6

First Aid 6 (+1 racial bonus)

Composure 5 (+1 racial bonus)

Perception 4

Stealth 4

Nature 3

Streetwise 3

Martial (Improvised Melee) 1

19 points spent (18 + 1 leftover from before)

Other stuff is unchanged.

I was going to get a point of Dexterity, but then I realized if I get the point of Strength, I'll have an ongoing HP total divisible by 7. Which was too cool to pass up. smile

Also, a new spell setup for Lephista, pending Lilith's approval:

Click to reveal.. (Spells!)

* Brafdyk's Mystic Succor: Heals a single target.

* Resconjure Minor: Creates a small, mundane object. Additional restrictions apply.

* Roulsk's Patent Curative: Cures poison and disease.

* Corrosive Arrow: Creates a small ball of acid and sends it flying toward a target.

* Lephista's Enhanced Avian: Summons a bird, of a species of Lephista's choice, intelligent and capable of speech.

All points used up:

Click to reveal..
Jarrox Phiser

Race: Dwarf

Alignment: So drunk that he's now competent.

Level: 6

HP: 26/35 (+5)

Stamina: 4/10 (?)

Str: 5

Dex: 6

Int: 4 (+1)

Artifice: 5 (+1)

History: 5

Martial (Dwarven Waraxe): 4

Martial (Shields): 5 (+1)

Nature: 5 (+1)

Perception: 5

Religion: 5 (+1)

Drunken Rage

"It's my ass and I'll kill you and all these lobsters and then make you into soup!"

When you are drunk, you receive a bonus to attack rolls and a penalty to all other rolls. The drunker you are, the bigger the bonus or penalty.

Worn:

Dwarven waraxe (Blade has some purple goop on it)

Shield with family crest

Padded clothes (pants and shirt)

Breastplate

Vambraces

Greaves and cuisses

Gauntlets (Purple goop on these too)

Pike helmet

Backpack:

Belt pouch (20 gold)

Bedroll

Fish hook and line (15')

Flint and steel (Slightly used)

Hand axe

Healing potion x0

Hempen Rope (46')

Magic cooking pot

Stamina Potion x0

Shovel (Tip is a bit dull from being used as a chisel)

Sunrod x1

Trail Rations (8 days)

Aleskin x3 (PURE ALCOHOL)

Hip flask (Found in a metal cabinet)

Whetstone

Iron Pyrite (A handful)

Jarrox doesn't have any bottles of the colored goop anymore does he?

Well, it took long enough, but the log's finally ready.

Click to reveal..
Jarrox: "I could start a fire with these papers. Want to see some fire, Phulax?"

Meredith: "It looks like you're murdering a new form of life before it's been properly documented. Can't you people do anything right?"

Phulax: "Time for some interior decorating! Extreme lab makeover!"

Dyen: "Never knew that rubble and ruined flesh could be so comfortable."

Lephista: "Guys, I'm worried. The world is out of tilt, or something. Jarrox just had a good idea."

Session's in about 35 hours. Don't miss it!

Meredith Prosset

Level 6

Str: 3

Dex: 6 (+ 1)

Int: 6

HP: ??/28 (+3)

Stamina: ??/10

History: 6 (+1)

Martial (Rapiers): 5 (+1)

Perception: 4 (+1) (+1 Racial for 5 total)

Artifice: 5

Religion: 4

Martial (Guns): 3

Stealth: 2 (+1 Racial for 3 total)

Nature: 3

First Aid: 2 (+2)

(+1 point left unspent)

PERKS:

Intrepid: Whenever you voluntarily make a roll that would cause you injury if failed, you gain a +2 bonus to that roll.

Equipped:

Wheel-lock handgun

Leather brigandine

Gold ring, engraved with the letter "S"

Rapier (sheathed)

Backpack:

Pen/inkwell

Charcoa

Paper

Ammunition x1

Coin pouch (50 gold)

Bedroll

Waterskin/rations

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Hehehe. Jarrox was channeling Kurex for a little bit there.
Given the fact that he has those aleskins filled with pure alcohol, it would be a very bad idea to channel Kurex. Heck, with the amount of alcohol that Jarrox has been drinking, he would probably burst into flames if he starts a fire.

Edit: Epic boss fight, but Dyen should have gotten a perk for depressing the worm-colony-thing. I never would have guessed that the drunk would be the one to attempt suicide either. tongue

It's log time!

Click to reveal..
Dyen: "They taught manners at the other monastery. You know, the one that wasn't the ruins of my hometown."

Jarrox: "Well, I feel better than I ever have since I got here. And I don't feel quite so drunk but I'm not sure if that's a good thing."

Lephista: "The point is, we had this whole conversation about temptation. You know, temptation? The thing that makes you want to shove stuff into your pack by the armful?"

Phulax: "I hope, if there are punishments here, that the test respects personal integrity, and doesn't punish our entire group."

Meredith: "You do realise your wife may be cured, but she'll live a long and miserable life, don't you? I mean, since you're going to die."

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder: next session is scheduled for Friday 18th February at 11:59 PM UTC!

Also, we will be updating to the final 1.3 build of MapTool, version 1.3b83. This build fixes a number of bugs from previous versions and will hopefully help with the occasional crashes we've experienced. Please download it before the next session.

The campaign is indeed over. Thanks to everyone for seeing it through to a satisfying resolution.

I have two character epilogues already. The final log will be posted once I have all of them. In the meantime, feel free to talk about the campaign. I have my own thoughts about what did and didn't work, but I'd rather allow the players to chat for a couple more days before posting them.