Magic (Transmutation) 5

First Aid 4 (+1 racial bonus)

Composure 3 (+1 racial bonus)

Streetwise 3

Nature 2

Martial (Improvised Melee) 1

Perception 1

Spells

Teleport: instantly relocate something from one place to another place.

Le Couran’s Open Window: create small portal of brief duration linking two nearby points.

Meredith’s Gatesense: discern the presence of portals or teleportation use, along with a sense of where a portal might go and any other pertinent details.

Kleio: manipulate or close an existing portal. Costs 1 stamina.

Le Couran’s Spyglass: creates a small, one-way portal; the caster may see and hear whatever is at the far end, but the most those at the end can perceive is a slight appearance of rippling in the air, and a faint magical disturbance. The orientation of the spyglass-portal can be adjusted, and it lasts for two minutes before stamina is required to continue it.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click to reveal..
Dyen Dawes
Race: Elf
Alignment: Enlightenment

Level: 3 (+1)
HP: 15/19 (+3)
Stamina: 10/10

Str: 3
Dex: 5 (+1)
Int: 4

Martial (Unarmed): 3
Magic (Divination): 4 (+1)
Perception: 5 (+1)
Composure: 2
Stealth: 4 (+1)
Streetwise: 1

Perk: Make Your Own Luck -- Whenever you critically fail a roll, your next roll receives a +4 bonus.

Spells:

* Fated Strike: Dyen looks into his fate and sees how he will live and his opponents fall. He receives a large bonus to accuracy on his next attack. (Move-equivalent action.)
* Glimpse of Oblivion: Dyen shows a single opponent the emptiness of the universe, stunning that enemy or making them cower in fear.
* Feeling the Way: Dyen lays his hands on something: a wall, an object, or person, and is shown what fate intends for him to do with it. Where to go, what to say, how to use it. Results may vary.
* Fate Never Lies: Dyen takes a statement and briefly meditates upon it, looking into Fate and trying to discern what aspects of it belong there, and are true, or do not, and are false.

Click to reveal..
Lephista
Race: Dragonborn
Alignment: Conflicted

Level: 3
HP: 25/26

Str: 6
Dex: 2
Int: 4

Martial (Battleaxe): 5
Magic (Conjuration): 5
First Aid: 3+1
Composure: 1+1
Perception: 1
Religion (Mariona): 1
3 points unspent

Spells:

* Brafdyk's Mystic Succor: Heals a single target.
* Mystic Avian: Summons a bird, of a species of Lephista's choice, which can follow simple commands.
* Smoke Shroud: Conjures concealing smokescreens.
* Resconjure Minor: Creates a small, mundane object. Additional restrictions apply.

All thanks goes to Diki for being amazing and subbing for me. laugh

Click to reveal..
Jarrox Phiser

Race: Dwarf

Alignment: Drunk

Level: 3

HP: 16/20 (+4)

Stamina: 8/10 (-2)

Str: 4 (+1)

Dex: 5

Int: 3

Martial (Shields): 3

Artifice: 3

History: 3 (+1)

Martial (Dwarven Waraxe): 3

Nature: 3 (+1)

Perception: 3

Religion: 3

Drunken Rage

"It's my ass and I'll kill you and all these lobsters and then make you into soup!"

When you are drunk, you receive a bonus to attack rolls and a penalty to all other rolls. The drunker you are, the bigger the bonus or penalty.

Worn:

Dwarven waraxe (Some meanie head wont give it back to me)

Shield with family crest

Padded clothes (pants and shirt)

Breastplate

Vambraces

Greaves and cuisses

Gauntlets

Pike helmet

Backpack:

Belt pouch (20 gold)

Bedroll

Fish hook and line (15')

Flint and steel

Hand axe

Healing potion x2

Hempen Rope (50')

Magic cooking pot

Stamina Potion x2

Shovel

Sunrod x2

Trail Rations (10 days)

Aleskin x3 (1 is now empty)

Whetstone

Okay, so here's the situation: scheduling the next session has been a nightmare. For at least the next month, there is no evening when at least one person won't be able to make it.

So, what would people think about doing the next session on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

Well, the alternative is either that we do it on a Friday or Saturday night and Rowen sits out for the second time in a row, or we do it on a weeknight and likely two other people sit out. Or we wait until mid-October and see if people's schedules are any better.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Well, the alternative is either that we do it on a Friday or Saturday night and Rowen sits out for the second time in a row, or we do it on a weeknight and likely two other people sit out. Or we wait until mid-October and see if people's schedules are any better.

Ahhh, scheduling troubles. Almost as fun as the campaign itself. And I certainly put far more time and concern into scheduling than I do into the game itself...

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Just have a lobster kill Jarrox in a fight. That way everyone else is not waiting on me and my horrible schedule to play a session. That or someone can take over Jarrox if they want. I'm willing to drop out to let the rest of the party keep playing.

I really hate losing a player, but at this point there are multiple people whose schedules are 100% incompatible with yours, so I might have to take you up on that if your current schedule is going to be a long-term thing. Are there any volunteers who'd be interested in taking over as Jarrox and can consistently show up on Friday or Saturday nights? Dikiyoba, you did a great job last time so you get right of first refusal.

From a purely story-telling point of view, it would be interesting to have one of the party members die partway through the adventure. It's something hasn't happened before in AIMHack (even it does end up being "scripted," so to speak), and it would be interesting to think about roleplaying the event / seeing how others have their characters react to the event. (Yes, poor Xuan did die, but that was at the very of the campaign, and therefore had less time to have an impact.)

Are there any volunteers who'd be interested in taking over as Jarrox and can consistently show up on Friday or Saturday nights? Dikiyoba, you did a great job last time so you get right of first refusal.

I'd be happy to, but my schedule for the next few weeks probably isn't much better than Rowen's.

Dikiyoba filled out the calender, so you can decide whether Dikiyoba would be a good replacement or not.

Hmm. If Triumph can do Friday October 1st then we're set. If not, then it looks like Friday September 24th is the best day, which is outside your schedule.

Okay, then. Calling all volunteers: if you think you have what it takes to take over as Jarrox and can make it on September 24th, drop me a line.

sorry this log took so long, hope you like what i did with the side sessions

Quote time~

Click to reveal..

Phulax: "It's the start of a new day, of new opportunities! Come on, think happy thoughts or something."

Jarrox: "That's not necessarily a bad thing. If he is a tyrant, we can just turn him into soup."

Lephista: "Well, we should probably think of a good, totally non-treasonous reason why we're not helping the king yet, and then go tell it to him. And we need to investigate... stuff."

Jack: "...What is my life coming to? Three days ago, I'm a... a respected scholar with a close bodyguard friend and now... I'm going to be impaled on a lobster!"

Meredith: "I beg your pardon if all your stupidity sort of blurs into a mass of intolerable ignorance."

Dyen: "I would like to point out that, although you see us as a group, we really all hate each other."

Phulax: "No, Jarrox," I say wearily, "we're not here to fight, so you don't need an axe. Just think happy thoughts instead."

Jarrox: "My happy thoughts all involve me with my axe!"

Phulax: "Dyen, what did you hit him with? Will he need any first aid?"

Dyen: "He's fine. He's just seen the true emptiness of his existence."

Jarrox: I get up shakily. "Whatja do that for? I had them, I had them, and then... then..."

Phulax: "That...would be pretty empty."

REMINDER #1: The next session is on Friday September 24th at the usual time. That's 32 and a half hours from the time of this post!

REMINDER #2: I STILL need a levelup from Meredith.

Sorry, sorry, ding:

(is my maths okay on this? my brain isn't working, but it seems okay to me. and i included my working.)

Click to reveal..

Meredith Prosset

Level 3

Str: 3

Dex: 3

Int: 6 (+1)

HP: 17/19 (+3)

History: 4

Religion: 4

Martial (Guns): 3 (+1 (3 used))

Martial (Rapiers): 2 (+1 (2 used))

Perception: 2 (+1 Racial for 3 total) (+2 (3 used))

Stealth: 0 (+1 Racial for 1 total)

Artifice: 4 (+1 (4 used))

hey guys what does everyone think of the idea of using maptool in the next session, to make it a little easier for me to handle maps

it's pretty simple on your end, you just download and install the latest version of the software and connect to whichever server we use

hey guys what does everyone think of the idea of using maptool in the next session, to make it a little easier for me to handle maps

it's pretty simple on your end, you just download and install the latest version of the software and connect to whichever server we use

I am on it like Halley's comet.