hint books

Hi i'm a newbe here and would like to know if the hint books you can purchase with the avernum series have detailed maps.

I have tried to find out myself by reading some forum pages but there is so much. The earier games have links to maps but not the 5 and 6.

I know this is a silly question and has most likely asked a lot. smile

The hint books have maps and for some important dungeons they have key locations marked.

Some maps are available here, but not for all the games and not for all the locations.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Using the UBB search function will cause you to lose any remaining sanity.

Originally Posted By: Yves
Thanks so it is advisable to buy the hint books as they will give more help(and l'll need it) than scaning through the forums for quick answers.
I recommend buying the hint books for quick reference, and asking on the forums when you have specific questions. Also, there are walkthroughs available on GameFaqs and other sites, which are a pretty good source of reference material.
Originally Posted By: Yves
The earier games have links to maps but not the 5 and 6.
That's because A5 and A6 are newer. The other games, being older, are much better documented.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Newbie too, and I'm just now playing through the demo of the first game in the series (talk about addictive!), and I'm wondering if the strategy guides are PDF or physical? I can't find that anywhere, and $10 sounds like kind of a lot for a PDF, but WAAYYYY too cheap to be a real printed copy. However, given the quality of the help document PDF, I'm thinking I'll buy even if it is PDF when I buy the game (I am saying when, as the credit card is primed, I just have to wait for a little money to trickle down from the well).

• 2 weeks later...

$10 is quite a lot for a hintbook, but considering how huge the Avernum games are and how many hours of entertainment u can get outta them, it's kinda worth it.

I found that online walkthroughs (for A3 at least) are actually more detailed than the official hint book, but I prefer the latter, cos I just want hints, not have the entire experience spoon-fed to me.