2001: A Spiderweb Oddity

The Mystic

Originally Posted By: waterplant
Does this mean you get a new title e.g. The Mystic - Skull Crusher?
Well, I did earn the title of "Shaper." For a custom title, however, I don't think "Skull Crusher" would cut it; "Center of the Universe for Weirdness" would seem a bit more appropriate (and, if you knew me outside of Sipderweb, rather accurate). Or, to reflect how I play the Avernum and Geneforge games, "Pack Rat Extraordinaire."
Quote:
When I qualify for a new role I hope it's not sorceress - a bit of a girly title for someone with a manly name like waterplant don't you reckon?
If you do get Sorceress, you could just say you're a Sorcerer in disguise. wink

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Not sure 'waterplant' is quite up there with 'Trogdor the Burninator' for manliness, but manly is as manly does. If you get Sorceress, just post a lot about cars and RPGs and stuff, until you get to the next level and can relax.

wait, rpgs are manly now?

oh no shocked

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
I can almost hear the first minute or two of Richard Strauss's tone poem Thus Spake Zarathustra.

The other day, I heard somebody pronounce the name "Straub". I couldn't figure out why for the life of me, so I simply locked myself in the toilet stall and cried at the death of classical music for a few minutes.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
I can almost hear the first minute or two of Richard Strauss's tone poem Thus Spake Zarathustra.

The other day, I heard somebody pronounce the name "Straub". I couldn't figure out why for the life of me, so I simply locked myself in the toilet stall and cried at the death of classical music for a few minutes.

Probably they saw it in German, where double 's' is usually written as a special letter that looks like a beta or some weird kind of 'b': ß.

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
I am truly the more optimal spammer!
Not unless you have an automatic spam dispenser (see below):
Click to reveal..
2m2vnl3.jpg
As an odd coincidence, that kind of looks like my old laptop....

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
With forty pound dice! HUAHHH!!!

Being manly apparently involves a bad back.

Dikiyoba.
That's where X's anvil-flinging spell would come in very handy. wink

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Yay Mystic! You have successfully sought the meaningless approbation of your peers! laugh

(+1)

Look at me, I can't even be bothered to write my own message! I am truly the more optimal spammer!

Teach me thy ways, O Master.

Teach me thy ways, O Master.

Yay Mystic! You have successfully sought the meaningless approbation of your peers! laugh

(+1)

Look at me, I can't even be bothered to write my own message! I am truly the more optimal spammer!

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted By: Slarticuno

(+1)

And thus, the great legend of Nikki is born!