Help Please!!!

I have level one... but I did not pick up the quest. The Mayor did not offer it to me when I spoke to him before dispatching of the slimes, which I thought was strange but since I'd only played Exile 3 and not Avernum I assumed this was how things were.

I also have rank 1 of the spell... but there is still no offer.

Ah well I can only pray the rest of my game isn't buggy I suppose frown

Talk to the mayor of Kriszan until you get the quest to destroy the slimes, and then tell said mayor that you killed the alien slime. Also, I'm not really sure anymore if you need to, but you should check in with Anaximander afterwards. You will then be able to get the reward from Solberg. Bureaucratic, I know, but that's how it's done in A3.

Collecting and turning in evidence is irrelevant to getting the reward(s) for stopping any plague.

Well, I definately missed something because I went back and got the quest and completed it with 26 reputation. After completing the quest well after the slimes were long dead I was also now able to access Ice Lance level 3.

Apparently Solberg won't teach you anything until you first get a reward from Arbuckle!!

I still can't enter Erika's tower though even though I have her insignia... sigh. Maybe I should go read a huge FAQ or something to see what I'm doing wrong.

Originally Posted By: Figgy
I still can't enter Erika's tower though even though I have her insignia... sigh. Maybe I should go read a huge FAQ or something to see what I'm doing wrong.
Here's a small hint: When you first meet Anaximander, he tells you that you should see him, among other times, when you're stuck.