contest?

tridash

Originally Posted By: Niemand
Quote:
Whatever happened with the last 24-Hour contest? Who won?
I'm, uh, working on that. Where by 'working on' I mean I have a have finished web page and set of reviews. I need to get that finished up, if for no other reason than so I can regale everyone with my play-through accounts.

Do it. I demand recognition.

I would be up for a contest. I mean, I actually need to push Discord out the door first, but there's very little that actually needs doing - it's more finding the couple of hours it needs when I'm not too burnt out.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, having participated in both a 24hr contest and a 1/10, I think I prefer the 24hr ones, simply because I can sit down and get everything done in one or two sittings. On the other hand, bigger scenarios are probably what we need.

I will enter either, I really don't mind - the scenario I have in mind could easily be fleshed out a bit.

I could sit down and make a piece of junk in a couple of hours, or I could try to make something worth playing. Theoretically, you would do both in a 24hr scenario, but that's particularly difficult. I think we should go with something less stressful.

It might be funny to attempt a sort of Mad-Lib design, where we draw certain themes and elements (setting, monsters, etc.) at random and must design a scenario that incorporates all of them.

There are quite a few ways we could do this, so I hope everyone has some input. The categories could range anywhere from fairly general to extremely specific.

Some example categories could be: Setting, General Theme, Characters, MacGuffins

As for available choices, that's for us to decide after we figure out which categories we want to use.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably a bad idea giving me leadership over the contest, but I'll give it a go

Alright...anyone else interested in either judging or participating (obviously it's not binding...)?

Personally I think ES's idea for the type of contest seems good, though with only four people showing much interest so far I don't know how well it would work. The other option seems to be a 24-hr contest. I think it might be worth doing a (hopefully fairly short) aim chat or something in order to sort the details out...when would be best for people? would be nice if people interested in judging would give some input into the contest as well (even if they won't be entering anything)