Avernum 6: super secret codes ?

Well when I was messing with the 'shift+D' in Avernum 6 I kinda typed 'itemgalore' and it gave me 5 coins (which is probably worthless)then when I typed 'weapongalore' it gave me a single archer's cloak but you can only use it once.

does anyone know/discovered some secret codes there except some of the common ones ???

Actually what Shaper Twilight said is true.

Its "itemsgalore" not "itemgalore" though, it gives you 5 coins. Havent gotten weaponsgalore to work though...

An odd icon did appear in my inventory though. A tile that takes up a few inventory spaces in looks only.

Edit: After a few more tries i got a tile looking icon named unused that had -1 to armor and 100-400 as damage.

Guess its the most powerful weapon in game ! The animation is one of punching the enemy. (windows 1.01 version)

I keep getting it using Itemgalore though, not Itemsgalore (which gives 5 coins)

This begs the question what other cheats do we know nothing about ?

EditEdit: I also have the PC windows version

ThirdEdit: ItemGalore keeps giving me different stuff depending on where i am in the game and what items are in my inventory

Originally Posted By: Gilgamaln
Actually what Shaper Twilight said is true.

Its "itemsgalore" not "itemgalore" though, it gives you 5 coins. Havent gotten weaponsgalore to work though...
An odd icon did appear in my inventory though. A tile that takes up a few inventory spaces in looks only.

This is actually correct. I got the floor-tile thing to appear, too. Bizarre. It says Melee weapon, damage 0-0. -1 strength.

EDIT: I have the PC version, for the reference.

The item you get with itemgalore seems to be semi-random as ive gotten some items many times, like that 100-400 tile. Doesnt matter if i move or not, fresh off a reload or not.

This is a 0-0 weapon with +1 to strength

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/Gilgamaln/Unamed.jpg

An 11-0 damage non-weapon with a 28k value...

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/Gilgamaln/Unamed2.jpg

It can also crash Avernum in a variety of entertaining ways haha

I'm playing the Windows version. When I type "gold" it takes coins from me, sometimes giving me a minus amount. I then type the "iampoor" cheat. It says "you get 500 coins" but when I check my inventory, it's actually gone up to 30,000.

Does this work for anyone else?

Just tested it and iampoor always gives me 500 coins..

Gold however seems to give random amounts of money.

I often get 1 gold coin only but it can also grant incredible amounts of coin (15k in a try once).

Heres a pic of my last try ... 30,001 coins in a few tries

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/Gilgamaln/Goldhwahahaha.jpg

I still think there are quite a few codes out there we know nothing about...

maybe "gold" needs to take you to minus figures for "iampoor" to give 30k. I'm pretty sure it's the combination of the two cheats that is doing it for me. Gold first, then iampoor.

Downside is, like with most cheats, a little bit of the point of the game gets chipped away. Why am I carrying all of this valuable-but-less-powerful-than-my-current-equipment stuff if I can just magic up 30k in a couple of words? I'm my own worst enemy really.

Thank you. Given that we know these are not beta testing cheats and that they do not exist on the mac version either, and given how often Jeff adds entirely new game functions after beta testing (read: never), and given that it has been a good number of years since Jeff has added to the cheat list in any way, I think we can safely assume this is a fabrication. The screenshots above were presumably obtained by editing the item definitions file.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Thank you. Given that we know these are not beta testing cheats and that they do not exist on the mac version either, and given how often Jeff adds entirely new game functions after beta testing (read: never), and given that it has been a good number of years since Jeff has added to the cheat list in any way, I think we can safely assume this is a fabrication. The screenshots above were presumably obtained by editing the item definitions file.

So I'm orchestrating an elaborate hoax for... what purpose, again?

'Gold' does nothing for me on Mac, but it's not inconceivable that Jeff might have introduced a cash drain code as a test function in Windows, and then not advertised it as a cheat code, because what kind of cheat is it to lose money?

It's also conceivable that there's some bug in the Windows version of Jeff's command window thingy, which under obscure circumstances reacts to arbitrary unparsed commands by giving bizarre items. The effects claimed so far certainly sound more like bugs than cheats.

I would like to confirm that these do work on Windows:

weaponsgalore

itemgalore

gold

Gold gave me around 25000 coins first, then I did iampoor giving me 30000. Then i did gold again getting around -1000 gold.

I could not provide a screenshot because I think windows 7 doesn't let me use "Prt Scr" on games. I think I am using an older version of the game, if you need to know.

EDIT: The gold does seem to give random gold. Also, I downloaded Fraps and took a screenshot:

Click to reveal..
avernum6201005021706555.png

Really ? Your calling Shenanigans ?

GiftCockroach please take at least a minute to test these cheat codes and you will find that they work...

There will not be verbose after typing either gold or itemsgalore so you have to check your inventory after each try.

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldnt work on your windows version.

Hope to get confirmation from you soon that you were in error and that they do in fact work.

PS: Stumbled upon why you think it might not work. Sometimes the new item/tile etc does not have an icon.

So you might think theres nothing there. Example

Type Itemsgalore 3 times in a row, it has consistency issues. Alternate Itemsgalore with Itemgalore, that helped me. Heres an Oddball

Originally Posted By: Gilgamaln
Alternate Itemsgalore with Itemgalore, that helped me.

This is really starting to sound like one of two things.
1) There is a serious bug with the code entry dialog box, or
2) The dialog box, like Exile conversation prompts, will accept "itemsuperfantastic" to signify just "item"

Slarty you got it head on !

Just type "item" + a number

to get whatever you want.

Here are various tries... i guess someone could parse the whole object list that way...

(i sense a list will be created soon)

"gold" + variable will also add whatever you want to your current amount of gold

"weapon" + parameter still doesnt seem to do anything for me

It was just good ol' exile 1-2 verbose all along ! (sort of haha)

And here i was convinced cheats had to be integral since ... Avernum.

These codes worked because gold and item do not need a space between them and the parameter. Item1 and Gold234 work.

I move that itemsgalore weaponsgalore and etc do not exist.

Who knows where the editor went to get its missing parameter from.

Itemgalore did often give me 5 coins often which is exactly what item 1 does..

Is this still only a windows version 1.0 thing ? (item and gold i mean)

This is pretty cool.

Items 499 and above are not real game items, but they still give the strange tiles. Some you can equip and some are useable. For example item522 is a D sword that you can equip in the cape area. Lots of fun to be had...

Actually though be warned, many of the items will lag the game unbelievably. Clicking on others will crash the game. There are stable items 499 and above, but there are many that are not.

Okay, WOW.

The PC version, even 1.03 on the website now, has a lot of debug codes that are not in the mac version. I assume their inclusion is a mistake since at least one of them is deprecated by Jeff.

item X -- gives you item number X

gold X -- gives you X gold

stat X Y -- increases stat number X by Y points

afct X Y -- gives you Y levels of status effect X

expz -- same as iwanttobestronger

heal -- heals

bles -- blesses

debug -- acidifies lead character

amap -- not sure

fear -- fears party

invl -- not sure

reload -- reloads

tsnd, kill, kill2, dmgkill, dbugkill -- not sure but presumably they kill things

For items, making a list is totally unnecessary. The item definitions file is fairly straightforward.

The "item" and especially "stat" codes would be EXTREMELY useful for testing! I wish we'd known about these months ago.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES

stat X Y -- increases stat number X by Y points

i tested that and here is the results

stat0 y = Strength (y = how much you want to increase it by)

stat1 y = Dexterity

stat2 y = Intelligence

stat3 y = Endurance

stat4 y = Melee Weapons

stat5 y = Pole Weapons

stat6 y = Bows

stat7 y = Thrown Missles

stat8 y = Hardiness

stat9 y = Defense

stat 10 y = Quick Action

stat 11 y = Mage Spell

stat 12 y = Priest Spells

stat 13 y = Arcane Lore

stat 14 y = Spellcraft

stat 15 y = Tool Use

stat 16 y = Nature Lore

stat 17 y = First Aid

stat 18 y = Luck

stat 19 y = Quick Strike

stat 20 y = Parry

stat 21 y = Blademaster

stat 22 y = Anatomy

stat 23 y = Gymnastics

stat 24 y = Pathfinder

stat 25 y = Duel Wielding

stat 26 y = Resistance

stat 27 y = Magical Efficiency

stat 28 y = Lethal Blow

stat 29 y = Riposte

stat 30 y = Sharpshooter

stat 31 y = Dread Curse (this is not a stat but tell me what it is)

Originally Posted By: Unbound Draykon

stat 31 y = Dread Curse (this is not a stat but tell me what it is)

In A1-3, if you destroyed the wrong evil altar, pissed off a powerful enough character, went somewhere you weren't supposed to go, etc. your whole party could be cursed. Not like the combat curse that fades after a few rounds, but a Dread Curse that stayed with you until you had a powerful healer remove it. I'm not sure what the mechanics behind it were, but I think it did something like lower every stat by one. I only ever found one healer in each game that could get rid of it, but I could have missed some.

Wow, When i get home ill try screwing with these codes.. wow Avernum is actually being decoded one by one from the users... lmao! This may be the final stepping stone for vogel to re-work/reformat his codes and his approach to them. Great find guys and thx twilight for the tip. hey "Crisis on inf." please besure to credit twilight and anyone else who helped with these codings. I'm sure they will approve it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I read through this entire thread, and everyones forgotten about the epikal "leetbuffz" code! Ololol.

Leetbuffz gives everyone in your party 5 leetbuffz, which I am too lazy to list.

Edit: Oh yes, I forgot to mention the "pleaselikeme" code, which turns all hostile zones friendly(like towns turned hostile), and makes everyone forget your crimes.