Geneforge 5: all the boxes are empty!!!!

esseay

I have noticed that after I beat the heck out of the bandits, all of the boxes and nests were empty! Same with a group of icebreath roamers and several other places I have been. Did the game glitch? Why am I not finding items anywhere?!? What is the point of fighting my way through a place if there is no treasure to pick up?!?

Originally Posted By: esseay
Dang it!! Start over! I don't use cheats, except the showmeall and an rare healmenow. My computer has restarted suddenly several times during the game. Could it be a hardware issue? Oh well, start over it is. Thanks!

Ive had this problem before, namely when I switch zones. The trick is to wait for about 10 second after the world map comes up, and then click the travel button. Also, you might want to use a dustbuster can to clean out your computer's fan (this may seem irrelevant, but that was the source of the problem for me.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
I still don't understand how I never hear about file corruption related errors with any product other than SW games. How is that?

It's all a conspiracy against you. An international communist conspiracy to corrupt your precious bodily files.

EDIT: Seriously, though. I've has file corruption errors before. It may just have to do with the computer or your internet connection, I guess.