A6 - area south of fang clan

Barzhal

There is an area south of the major fang clan fort (the chief drops the avenger's ring) where approaching from the east there's a ledge up, but just directly to the north the ledge is down. I'm wondering how to gain access to this area. I'm thinking I missed something simple. Thanks for any help.

No actually it's really an easy area that I was just too slow to find. It's really funny, the pile of rocks doesn't completely block the eastern passage out of the underground from the tannery. I knew it was something easy I overlooked, I frequently miss the easiest things in Jeff's games.

Originally Posted By: Barzhal
No actually it's really an easy area that I was just too slow to find.

It's easy at this point in your game, you mean. It's not so easy if you attempt it when you first have access to it (that is, while still working on Commander Meryhew's first set of quests).

Dikiyoba attempted it then and had to leave the worm-spawning lizard for later, because that was just ugly.

i just reached the chief with the ring, and i kind of feel bad for the guy.

i mean all he wants to do is live in peace and i'm killing him for his ring. its completely unjustifiable from an ethical point of view.

on the other hand the avengers ring is nice.

is there any endgame effect on killing him?

Originally Posted By: Darth Ernie
i just reached the chief with the ring, and i kind of feel bad for the guy.
i mean all he wants to do is live in peace and i'm killing him for his ring. its completely unjustifiable from an ethical point of view.
on the other hand the avengers ring is nice.

is there any endgame effect on killing him?

Actually, the chief stole the ring from Alberich the Nibelung dwarf, who cursed it so any who do not have it desire it. If it's any consolation, Wotan will probably come kill your party and take the Ring in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...