souls to take

ToeJm686

Remember one very important thing though: If you're skill is not high enough, you're just wasting you SP. I had this many times. Evey time I wanted to catch a demon, it resisted.

I caught an eyebeast, and tried to catch a soldier in Delis, but he resisted. I also caught a shambler, and something else, which I can't remember.

Is it possible to have more than four creatures stored? You can only have four I think.

Empire archers are a huge plus. For the fact that they NEVER miss, and aren't random. When you summon them, you know what they'll do and they'll do it well.

And can you acually capture a Crystal Soul? I've tried before but always resisted, every single time. I figured they were immune to it.

Quote:
Originally written by Figgy:
Empire archers are a huge plus. For the fact that they NEVER miss, and aren't random. When you summon them, you know what they'll do and they'll do it well.

And can you acually capture a Crystal Soul? I've tried before but always resisted, every single time. I figured they were immune to it.
Yeah, you can capture a crystal soul. They aren't that good though. And it looks weird because when it's summoned it shows up with the vahnatai flooring. (the green one)

I intended to capture a dragon, but apparently it was too big. Also, I wanted to capture the Mind Crystal, but it resisted my Level 50 character!! (I figured anything that big of a pain in the neck had to be good) Also, I haven't tried it, but I want to capture Rentar-Ihrono. After all, what would pulverize enemies better than an army of insanely powerful, completely invulnerable creatures?

I don't think its possible to caputire Rhentar-Ihrno, or any of the major characters like Erica. There resistance is probably maxed out, and I dont think a level 99 character could capture them.

My Exile 3 list consists of

Rahkshasha, Pack Leader, Vahnatai Lord, and Vahnatai Keeper.

The Vahnatai lord is nice because it can use its own soul crystal to summon things like basilisks, and the pack leader is good because it hits like 6 times dealing a massive amount of damage. The rahkshasa is nice because i beleive its immune to magic, and the keeper is just something i havent really replaced. I think i used to use him as an archer since i think hes the disk thrower, not sure...

In my soul crystal I like to have

• jewelled golems (if I have to suffer their acid attack then so should everyone else);
  • shamblers (quite hard to kill, so they are good for shoring up numbers);
  • eye beasts (to drain enemy spell points); and
  • basilisks (for obvious reasons - sometimes you want to be _certain_ to get a basilisk, so major summoning is no use).

However, summoning anything overtly magical in E[1,2,3] is really fairly pointless, as their firestorm, etc spells are just as likely to kill you as your opponents. Yet, woe betide you if you should dare to harm any of your summoned creatures with an area effect spell. I once made that mistake casting shockwave with Erika in the room. Once.

To get a Vahnatai Lord, get a good amount of spell points so you can try more than once per session. Just keep reloading the game until you get the Vahnatai Lord.

Don't get basilisks in your Soul Crystal. Get Ur-Basilisks. They're much better. They may resist, but just do the same as the Vahnatai Lord.

• 4 weeks later...

kinda surprising that only 1 person mentioned pack leaders. Anyway:

1: Pack Leader

2: Basilisk or Ur-Basilisk

3: Empire Archer

4: Any high power caster. (Vahnatai Lord, Order Mage, things of that sort.)

Edit: replaced Empire Dervish with Empire Archer. Who needs a dervish when you got Pack Leaders? Sulfras would have kicked the crap out of me if I didn't have those. :p

• 2 weeks later...

My Crystal Soul (Exile 3)

1) Pack Leader - I chose him because he is a powerful up close fighter. If these things managed to overrun Footracer Provience, they are pretty useful. When I first fought him, I lost almost 100HP in 1 turn.

2) Basilisk - The ability to instantly turn one of my enemies to stone is invaluable. Pain in th e backside to find a friendly ont though. I just captured a soul of a Vahnatai Lord and let them use their soul crystal to summon one out.

3) Null Bug - Just a cheap way to create Anti-magic fields around my PC's. Tower of Magi has one on hand when you complete the Slime Plague.

4) Vahnatai Warrior - They only cost 8MP and they chuck razerdisks with the same accuracy as the Empire Archers (whose MP is over 20)

• 3 months later...
Quote:
Originally written by -T-O-E-N-A-I-L-:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Basilisk and Ur-Basilisk yet. They are always useful. But then again sometimes Major Summoning will pick up 4 or 5 of them.
Thats true, except for one thing. Maybe its because the highest levels out of any of my characters is level 33, but I've summoned dozens of basikisks before, but never any ur-basilisks. Has anyone here ever been able to summon a ur-basikisk through major summoning?

- Ur-Basilisk

- Pack Leader

- Eyebeast

- Mad Monk

I hate mages and wizards and such. When they start summoning, they summon all these monsters that screw things up. Okay, I admit - I have a tendency to be a control freak when it comes to battles. laugh

Quote:
Has anyone here ever been able to summon a ur-basikisk through major summoning?
Never happened to me smirk

Thank god they come across your path every once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

My soul crystal includes:

1) Pack Leader (Awesome fighter {also poisons I believe})

2) Vahnatai Warrior (8 MP can't beat that for those Razordisks. not as powerful as an Empire Archer, but I don't like the 30+ MP for the Empire Archer)

3) Ur-Basilisk (for obvious reasons)

4) Vahnatai Lord (for powerfull spells and their soul crystal of Basilisks and Eyebeasts/Gazers {I cannot remember which one})

Its been a while since I played E3 and my E2 is listed in my signature

I've never used caprture soul. It's far too spell point expensive and takes far too much time (AP) to do. Major Summon (which you can get quite quickly if you put your mind to it) creates lots of powerful-ish monsters and it only costs 14 spell points and can beat your 30 spell point guard. (It is also similar with Deamons - summon Deamon costs a lot less spell point wise than getting a deamon via simulacrum does)

The only time I've ever found Capture Soul useful was when I got lots empire archers against the massive drake onslaught vs the king drake. They mopped the drakes up really, really quickly.

• 1 year later...
Quote:
Originally written by Not I:
I had an Order Mage and Empire Dervish. I toted around Drakes for a while before that. They make good initial targets, as well as Demons.

Has anyone gotten a Haakai? Or Mung Demon? I'm not picky.
I managed to get a Haakai in Exile 2 in the lava dome but it took a really, really long time. Rounded the crystal out with an Ur-Basilik, Lich, and Ice Hydra. Not that the hydra's all that impressive, but I was happy with the other three and didn't want to press my luck. Any suggestions for a fourth?

Overall, I'd say those are good choices.

I just don't bother using my soul crystal out of practicality; with my magic-heavy playing style, I need all the spell points I can get.

Quote:
it's amusing reading what one wrote 2 years ago.
Yeah, I noticed a few attempts at topic necromancy with this thread. I'm not complaining, though, because it might be useful should I decide to use a crystal soul.

edit: added quote, and a response to it.

Quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:
Quote:
(Can anyone capture a guard btw?)
I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread that you could.
You think right.
Quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:
You can also capture a guard. Oh and by the way, if you want a demon, just cast Daemon.

• 1 month later...

I really only used capture soul in Exile II, since I had enough other things to think about in Exile III and I don't have many powerful BoE parties yet. But for Exile II, I found it easier to capture friends instead of enemies, since I'm usually to buisy killing the powerful enemies.

Anyways here's my Exile II lineup:

Hydra (useful at first, but never got written over)

Order Mage (costs less than a Wizard, and is just as powerful)

Lich (yep, that was fun)

Vahnatai Blademaster (got it before leaving the vahnatai lands, slaughtered many foes)

• 2 weeks later...

About capturing guards (based on E2, the Exile game I played when using the soul crystal), it's possible(and even easy), but they arn't very powerful unless you first anger them (and this can be dangerous) and even then, they're best for defence. (with an HP of 270(E2), as opposed to 90 when unangered).