Avernum 6 Graphics Flickering

Dafdme

Hi, I once had the same problem with G5 last year.

I don't know the cause of the problem but I'm sure some OpenGL component of your video card driver is corrupted or outdated.

First, update your video driver or reinstall it.

If this step doesn't help, you can wait for the DX version, the graphics will be just fine if other 3D games runs normally on your pc.

Problems With Graphics or Crashes in 64-bit WIndows 7.

If you are using 64-bit Windows 7, it is very important to make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers for your video card. Many video cards are having problems with the new operating system. If the game is crashing or the graphics occasionally look wrong, go and get and install the newest graphics drivers for your card. If this doesn't help, watch for new drivers to be released for your card.

- Jeff Vogel

Have you redownloaded and reinstalled? Just because they're up to date doesn't mean you don't have a corrupted file or setting in there somewhere.

Win 7 64 bit still has a lot of graphics bugs to be worked out. I'm sort of at the mercy of the process here. :-(

- Jeff Vogel

Jeff, could you please add an option to choose refresh rate when choosing screen resolution? I'm still using a CRT (and I bet many other Windows users are too) and Avernum 6 defaults to 60 Hz, which hurts my eyes.

There are various programs to force refresh rates on Windows, but I have yet to find one that works on my operating system (Vista x64).

Thanks for creating such an awesome game!

• 2 weeks later...

I have released a v1.0.1 test version that should do better at picking a native screen refresh rate your monitor likes. Please try it out and let me know if it helps in this thread or at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Download the .exe at

ftp://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Avernum6v101test.zip

Copy it into the Avernum 6 folder (in Program files) and run it by double clicking on it directly and see if it helps.

- Jeff Vogel