History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 5

Perception - 1 (RB)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the CALENDAR is ready. Please post dates that work for you!

Now, next up, the Log, which has been sitting completed on my hard disk for quite some time. Still, it allowed me to work out some kinks, and it's the biggest log yet, actually managing triple-digit size!

Oh, and can't forget quotes!

Click to reveal.. (Now with 50% more quotation marks!)
Xuan: "No, no, this one is quite simple. All we need is a bellman's uniform and a crate of turtles."

DM: Reat gives the what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-Xuan look that seems to be popular on Skarrifissk.

Casper: "I get mad when I get tired. I get good when I get mad."

Reat (NPC): "Yes, like I'd be idiotic enough to forget there's spellcasters in your group. You insult me." - Reat

Harosh: "I am going to pound that smarmy goblin's ass so hard into the ground that he'll need Orlis's Expansive Chasm to get himself out..."

Raphael (NPC): "Do you mind if I claim that I killed him? It'd make for some nice credentials in Thane. I can see it now... 'Raphael, hero of the Ricoto underworld'."

Erika: "You can claim to be PART of the group that killed him."

Iliau: "Dibs!"

Alright, now onto character business. The Character Roster has been updated. We had some difficulties with miscalculated health last time, so take a look at your character and make sure what you've got matches up with the roster. Naturally, if you have reason to believe I'm wrong, let me know. I've checked the thing three times, but I won't rule out the possibility of still missing something.

Speaking of which, you'll notice that a new Carry Capacity has been added to each inventory list. Basically, each item has a size value from 0-10, which is added to the total carry value for the person carrying it. Equipped items (e.g. primary weapons, armor, etc.) usually don't count, though there are exceptions (see Xuan). And each person can carry up to 40 SUs (Size units. Clever, ain't it?) of stuff, with exceptions (again, see Xuan).

Finally, let's get down to some new perks. For demonstrating unbridled hatred of a certain goblin, Harosh has earned:

WITH A VENGEANCE

"I am going to pound that smarmy goblin's ass so hard into the ground that he'll need Orlis's Expansive Chasm to get himself out..."

Reat has successfully earned the ire of Harosh. Harosh earns a +2 bonus on any check (combat or otherwise) knowingly made against Reat and/or anyone working directly with him.

Next, we've got Xuan, who has successfully punned his way into earning...

PUNISHING WORDPLAY

"Why don't you just take a chill pill?"

Xuan's punning tends to cause homicidal feelings in anyone within earshot. If an attack or a diplomacy check is made with a pun, all nearby enemies (who can understand the pun) are forced to make a will save. Failure will cause the enemy to go berserk, decreasing attack and defense. The catch is that berserk enemies do more damage AND are more likely to target Xuan.

But wait! There's more! Whoever possesses the Battlestaff of Garth (Iliau, at the moment) has access to a new combat maneuver:

PYROWHIRL

He then starts whirling his staff high above his head. Suddenly, plumes of flame start shooting out the ends, whirling about.

At the cost of 2 stamina, the wielder can spin the staff above his/her/hir head. The staff will spray fire, severely burning any enemies within his/her/hir line of sight that lack the sense to duck.

The boots Harosh got have a special ability as well, but Harosh hasn't identified them well enough to work out the exact effects.

...Yep, not done yet. We have a brief interlude for the party.

Click to reveal.. (Interlude)
Your welcome in Niskos was not a warm one. The Periot is apparently one of Garth's personal ships, which caused quite some alarm amongst the city guard. You were effectively forced to see Lord Torres, the current commander of Niskos.

Thankfully, things quickly got better. You didn't even need to tell Torres what happened; one look at Garth's old battlestaff apparently told her all she needed to know. Scrutiny turned to accolades.

Raphael quickly managed work some rewards out of Torres. She agreed easily to restocking the Periot for free, and you were each rewarded with 25 gold. For once, it seems something's finally going right.

Frankly, Niskos doesn't seem much different from Ricoto; it seems to be under perpetual marshal law. Thankfully, the guards here aren't as edgy or uptight. Still, it's quite obvious that the feud between the Garths and Torres' has been taking a toll on both cities.

Raphael is going to take the Periot out tomorrow; as a favor, he'll take you wherever you want to go. In the meantime, it seems you're free to do what you want (within the bounds of legality).

Basically, you each get an additional 25 gold, and if there's any shopping, sage-seeing, or other stuff you want to do in town, now is the time to do it. Send me a list of what you want to do via PM. Note that streetwise WILL factor in to how successful you are at finding stuff.

Phew. I think that's about it... Though I think I'm forgetting something...

Oh, right, quote.

Originally Posted By: Yealto, Historian
Skarrifissk's hilltop citadel is probably its most notable man-made landmark. A remnant of a long-lost kingdom or empire, it's said that the citadel is haunted by the ghosts of its former inhabitants. Having been there myself, I can confirm that there's something strange there, and it's best observed from a distance.

Attack Accuracy. I just call it attack because... that's what I call it.

*sniped*

Originally Posted By: Wallo, Lacewing Traveling Healer
You know something? For all the self-proclaimed servants of the gods around here, I seem to be doing far more good for the isle of Skarrifissk. And I'm making money doing it!

Hah, I approve of my new perk. And it sounds like maybe Xuan's should just decrease enemy defense? (Or I just got long-distance sniped and Nioca did what Nioca intended...)

Also, yay finally finding an NPC that's happy with what we did. Too bad about the Periot being Garth's personal ship... we did warn him, after all. tongue

Shopping in Niskos is picking up a bit more than just goods. Meet:

Click to reveal..
Name: Darusk (Bloodmoon)

Race: Dragonborn

Pantheon : Sliros

Alignment : "I don't know"

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 3

HP: 28

Magic (Necromancy): 4

First Aid: 2

Martial (Scythe): 7

Diplomacy: 2

Stealth: 3

Hopefully, he'll be up on the Roster soon.

Next up, if there is any shopping at all that you want to do, make sure to PM me. I've only had one individual express interest in actually buying stuff thusfar.

Finally, make sure to marks dates in the CALENDAR. I've only got dates from 1 party member thusfar, and I need more to schedule next session.

Originally Posted By: Wik, Lacewing Alchemist
Why do people still buy Elixirs of Unexpected Effects? It's basically the waste product of a potion gone wrong, and there are easier and less painful ways to have a rhinoceros land on your chest.

Okay... I think we've got a peg on the next TWO sessions. The dates of the next sessions are:

Session #7 - Sunday the 16th 7:00 PM EDT (6:00 CDT)

Session #7 - Thursday the 13th 7:00 PM EDT (6:00 CDT)

Session #8 - Tuesday the 18th 7:00 PM EDT (6:00 CDT)

I know that's rapid-fire succession, but I want to make sure Harosh has a fitting finale, since he'll be leaving soon.

Originally Posted By: Tark, Dwarven Ship Captain
Ye landlubbers have it easy! Out here on the great Sea o' Mote, even the water itself is trying to kill you!

...See, if you had voted in the calendar, that wouldn't be a problem.

(Actually, it probably would be, but as it is, it's shaping up to be a royal mess. I already know Tuesday doesn't work for everyone either. Guess it's time to call in the subs!)

Originally Posted By: Erratis, Necromancer
Nations are crumbling, madmen are rising, and everyone is descending into madness. A storm is coming, and I can only hope that my efforts to weather it are not in vain.

Did I say the next session would be on the 16th? I meant it'd be on Thursday the 13th.

Session 8 will still be on Tuesday, barring other problems. And I hope this is wrong, but it looks like Session 9 will take place on the 30th. Ouch.

Saris Peak is a common destination for pilgrims on a religious journey. Nestled on the mountain's summit, the village is a fortress of solitude and peace. However, braving the mountain itself is a treacherous and draining task.

REMINDER! The next session of Brigandage is tomorrow!

Furthermore, all submissions of shopping lists are now closed. If you've already submitted a shopping list, please conclude any shopping that's being done by 4:00 PM EDT tomorrow. If I don't hear back by that time, it will be assumed that you bought nothing.

The frequent pilgrimages to Saris Peak resulted in some bright individuals creating the town of Nikorom, a place where pilgrims could rest before heading up the mountain. Unfortunately, as time went on, the religious factions of the city started gaining greater influence. The resulting temple-run city is divided between the main churches of Phol-phoram, Sliros, Liea, and Tanann, with each of these main religions perpetually at each others' throats. Throw in some Kyrophians and your occasional Hurak-worshiper, and you get some very good reasons why anyone within their right mind should stay away.

REMINDER! The next session of Brigandage is tomorrow!

However, last session's log and quotes will probably go up along with this coming session's log and quotes. This is because the update would likely come within 12 hours of the next session, and it just makes more sense to update after next session when there's actually a lot of stuff to update.

Originally Posted By: Erratis, Necromancer
I'm not crazy! It's everyone that thinks the world isn't ending that's crazy!

Actually, I would really like to read the log before tomorrow's session so that I have more to go on than just the recap.

Also, while Dikiyoba should be able to make part of the session, Dikiyoba doesn't know if Dikiyoba can make all of it. Dikiyoba just moved (the third time in less than a year, sadly) and things are hectic at the moment.

It did...it was just so...words fail me. tongue

You probably planned that entire final encounter last session just so you be able to have that pun for log title. It's even more amazing because it's...I don't, a multi-level pun. Rocs did indeed fall, but actual rocks also fell.

I felt it would be pungent punishment to not grace the log with such a corny title. tongue

Originally Posted By: Adamea, Acolyte of Mariona
For the record, it's Soris Peak. We've heard everything from Saris Peak to Sarin Point up here, and it boggles how the name of our small village and monastery can be so regularly mangled.

No, they just don't understand Common.

Also, Corvette. You couldn't really drive home a caravel or junk joke anyway. tongue

Originally Posted By: Alaris, Elven Jewelry Connoisseur
Thane is the last bastion of sanity on the island of Skarrifissk. Whatever it's problems, civilization and civilized people still exist here.

*ding*

Oh, and I promise to add all the quotes to my site soonish. I need to do a big refactor on it anyway.

Click to reveal.. (Harosh, L6)
Name: Harosh (Level 6)

Race: Lacewing

Deity: Liea

Strength: 3

Intelligence: 5

Health: 16/24 (+3)

Stamina: 3/10

Magic (Transmutation): 6

Magic (Divination): 1

Martial (Shovel): 3 (+1)

Perception: 3 (+1)

History: 3

Thievery: 1

Nature: 1

Click to reveal..
Name: Iliau
Race: Lacewing
Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 4

Health: 23/30
Stamina: 4/10

Magic (Conjuration): 6
Martial (Blunt object): 6
Nature: 3
Artifice: 3
Thievery: 1 (+1 racial bonus)
History: 1 (+1 racial bonus)

Dikiyoba.

...Phew. May have just set a record for LONGEST AIMHACK SESSION EVER (clocking in at 6.5 hours). Everyone levels up, and once I recover from passing out, I will have things up and dated for you guys.

Originally Posted By: Reat, Disciple of Erratis
Mote is enjoying a period of superstitious idiocy. There is no darkness, merely a fear of what lies in the unknown, and a lack of motivation to actually take what remains. There is greatness yet on this old world.

*shows up four days late for next session and notices Casper has leveled up*

Gah...

Click to reveal..
ATTRIBUTES

Level: 6

Strength: 4

Intelligence: 5

Speed: 5

Health: 27 + 4

Stamina: 10

SKILLS

Marital (Throwing Knives): 6

Magic (Divination): 4 +1

Magic (Enchantment): 4 +1

Streetwise: 3

Perception: 1

Bluff: 1

Popping in to level...

Click to reveal..

Name: Xuan Lu (Dantius)

Alignment: Malevolent

Race: Human

Deity: Atheist

Strength - 4

Dexterity - 2

Intelligence - 5

Health - 28 (+4)

Magic (Conjuration) - 6

Bluff - 2

Artifice - 6 (+2)

Stealth - 2 (RB)

History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 5

Perception - 1 (RB)

...Gah. Sorry, things have been rather hectic around here, giving me very little free time. The log's done, and it should be uploaded tomorrow. For now, though, I've got to rock Blood Marsh. Yay!

Originally Posted By: Aerat Barnes, Thane Guard Captain
I've been telling Captain Hammond for years now. Ricoto needs to have a system to neutralize spellcasters locked up in their dungeon. And after that disastrous prison break, maybe they'll finally start listening. But I doubt it.

Hey, wait! Can I redo my level? I forgot about something important.

Click to reveal..

Name: Erika Johnson (Duck)

Race: Human

Alignment: Charitable

Strength: 2

Intelligence: 4

Health: 20

Martial (Dagger): 3

Martial (The Evil Sword Of Awesome Darkness): 1

Stealth: 4 (RB)

Perception: 4 (RB)

Streetwise: 2

Thievery: 5

Bluff: 3

Diplomacy: 2

First, when taking a new skill as part of leveling up, AIMHack rules say you only get 1 point in that skill. Your choices are 1 point in a new skill, 1 point to an attribute-thingy - STR, DEX, INT - or a total of two points to existing skills. Second, Nioca said there was nothing special about the sword - the glowing blackness (whatever) was from the necromancer who used it...

...I mean, if we want to get technical, I could probably still be at sessions on Saturdays. Probably. Assuming I'm not just flat-out exhausted. But yes, I wouldn't mind a few more goes before I disappear.

(Or we can come to some agreement about Harosh disappearing.)

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
It'd be nice to finish the campaign before we lose Harosh, though.

Dikiyoba.

Okay, then I need to ask the question: Do we want to end it quickly, or do we want to play it out to its full length? Technically speaking, I could wrap the campaign up in two sessions and bring it to a decent end. It'd be a bit short and clipped, but it'd have everything tied up before Harosh has to leave. So... thoughts, here?

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
(Or we can come to some agreement about Harosh disappearing.)

Perhaps Harosh can have an unfortunate encounter with a mysterious type of portal of known as a "Plothole" and vanish from the campaign...

Although...I'm halfway hoping I get to substitute as Harosh, and also Xuan, so that I can claim to have played as every character in Brigandage (so far I've done Casper, Iliau, Erika, and even the now-defunct Anthony).