Bluff - 2

Artifice - 4 (+2)

Stealth - 2 (RB)

History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 3

Perception - 1 (RB)

Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha...

Guess who just sent home the note saying my girls' school musical is scheduled for Tuesday, April 13th at 7pm? Yeah, that's right my girls' teachers. I hate it when they send these things last minute.

... I have no idea how long this thing is. Doubt I'd make much of the session as scheduled.

I get MORE levels?

Click to reveal..
Name: Xuan Lu (Dantius)

Alignment: Malevolent

Race: Human

Deity: Atheist

Strength - 4

Dexterity - 2

Intelligence - 5

Health - 20 (+4)

Magic (Conjuration) - 4

Bluff - 2

Artifice - 4

Stealth - 2 (RB)

History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 5 (+2)

Perception - 1 (RB)

I'm so sorry it took me so long to level up my character. I have had an extremely busy Spring vacation.

Click to reveal..

Name: Erika Johnson (Duck)

Race: Human

Alignment: Charitable

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 4

Health: 16

Martial (Dagger): 2

Stealth: 4 (RB)

Perception: 3 (RB)

Streetwise: 2

Thievery: 5

Bluff: 3

Diplomacy: 2

OKay, fun session with me playing Casper for Jewels. I only hope that Jewels was not attached to all the gold that Casper had cause I did a little (a lot) of shopping and spent most of it from some nice gear.

Here is the log:

Click to reveal..
Casper: Since I'm not with the rest of the party should I just type in here or in the main chat?

GM:Here works.

What do you want to do?

Casper: I make another streetwize check for a shoemaker.

GM: There doesn't seem to be any cobblers in town. Footwear is imported, it seems.

Casper:Can I see any stands that are selling shoes or boots?

GM: No.

Casper: I wonder the market then listening to conversations that people are having while looking for a blacksmith or someone that sells knifes or swords.

GM:(Roll for over hearing the conversations.)

You learn of a blacksmith near the main gate.

Casper: I head back to the main gate then.

GM:You find a small smithy.

Casper: I go in (if it is inside, but I doubt it since that would be a fire hazard) and look for the smith so I can talk to him.

GM: You enter the smithy, and meet with the smith.

"Hello. What can I do for you?"

Casper: "Good evening, I'm here to see if you have any wares for sale at the moment. I am interested in knifes in particular."

GM:"Knives? Yes, we have a few of those. 1 gold apiece, or you can get some nice steel knives for 3 gold apiece."

Casper:"I'd like to look at your steel knifes if you do not mind."

GM: "Of course not."

He shows you the knives. They look very sharp and lightweight.

Casper: I feel the steel knifes and compare them to my current knifes (not the poor ones).

GM: They feel a little more balanced. Like you could throw better with them.

Casper: How many of the steel knifes are there?

GM: About 20

Casper: I pull out my scimitar, "Could i exchange you this for a few of the steel knifes?"

GM: He looks it over.

"Not very high quality... Maybe for two."

Casper: "Scimitar for two knifes and then I'd like to by 2 more." I pull out the 6 gold and hand them over.

GM: He takes the weapon and gold, and hands over four knives.

"Have a nice day."

Casper: "Same to you."

"Oh, you wouldn't happen to know of a fletcher here in town by chance?"

GM: "Yeah, there's Andy. Runs a small Bowyer on the east side of town."

Casper: "Could I get directions to his place please?"

GM: "Sure, you go to the market square, take a right, and it's pretty much right up against the wall. You can't miss it."

Casper: "Thank you. Have a wonderful day."

I go to Andy's place.

GM: You arrive at the bowyer's without incident.

Casper: I go in.

"Good day."

GM: The dwarf behind the counter nods.

"What can I do for you?"

Casper: "I've come to sell or trade," I pull out the two bows and arrows. "Can you offer anything for these?"

GM: "Erm... Yeah. They're not great quality, so 6 gold for the bows, plus 13 silvers for the arrows.

Casper: "Deal." I smile and hand them over.

GM: He hands you 6 gold and 13 silvers.

Casper: "By chance you wouldn't know of a place I could pick up some leather good would you?"

GM: "Ah'm afraid not. I don't get out much."

Casper: "Thats okay, thank you for your time today." I smile.

Once back in the street I try to find a tanner/leatherworker where I can get some type of armor.

(Roll in main window for streetwize.)

GM: You find your way back to the smith.

"You're back."

Casper: "I am, I'm afraid I left before asking if you might know of a tanner in town that might sell some goods that I can wear for protection."

GM: "No... but I do have some nice pieces myself.

Casper: "I would be happy to see them."

GM: He wanders over to several suits of armor on display.

"Metal armor. Better than any leather, you know!"

"What kind of protection are you looking for?"

Casper: "Something that will still allow me to us my knifes if attacked by bandits but keep me from being chopped up into little bits by a sword."

"So light weight but durable I suppose."

GM: "Ah. Well, I've got a nice breastplate. 25 gold, but it should be what you need."

Casper: "Can I try it on and see how it feels and how I can move?"

GM: "Sure. But don't think of just bolting out the door on me."

Casper: "Here." pull off my shoes and set them on the next to me. "I wont get far if I tried without my shoes. I'm willing to try it on."

GM: He raises an eyebrow, but lets you try on the armor.

It's nice and light.

Casper: "Could you part with this for 23 gold?"

GM: Diplomacy check.

"No, sorry. That's fine metal right there, I have to ask 25 gold."

Casper: "Understandable, I'll take it."

GM: He nods.

"Thank you. Have a nice day!"

Casper: As I hand the money over and put my shoes on as ask rather idly, "So how has business been for you? Do you sell lots of wares like this as of late, what with the bandits about and all?"

GM: "Bah. Brigands don't bother us here with Lord Garth in control. Tend to meet a quick end, if you catch my drift."

Casper: I smile, "Good to here that there is at least one city that is still safe from them."

"One last question. Do you know where I might get some provisions in town? Hopefully something that will not spoil within a weeks time?"

GM: "Well, you could always try the local tavern..."

Casper: "Okay, thank you once more."

I go back outside and make my way to the tavern but make a small detour to the temple of Sliros first.

(Do I need to roll for that?)

GM: Yes.

You find the temple, with some difficulty.

Casper: I go inside.

GM: Your entry inside this temple is anything but serene. The sounds of a loud argument can be heard from near the alter.

Casper: I stop and listen.

GM: It appears Wallo is in an altercation with one of the priests.

"...if they knew the kind of transactions you dealt in, they'd execute you here in this temple!"

Casper: I keep listening.

GM: The priest responds viciously.

"Maybe they'd like to know exactly who you heal for a living? Have you told them you work for Niskos as well?"

Casper: (History check on the name Niskos)

GM: Niskos is a rival port city on Skarrifissk's northern coasts. Because of the Garth-Torres Fued, the two cities have been at an unspoken state of war for the past century.

Wallo snorts.

"Tell them for all I care. I'll be gone before morning anyway."

Wallo turns and walks past you without a word.

Casper: I proceed into the temple and make eye contact with one of the priests.

GM: The priest stares at you for a minute.

"Yes?" He asks irritably.

Casper: "I've come to offer a prayer to Sliros but if now is not a good time I would understand."

GM: "No, it's not... We're having some difficulties with a healer, and... Yes, if you wish to pray, go ahead."

Casper: "Thank you." I offer up a pray to Sliros that I might be blessed with a steady throwing hand once more. (Religion roll)

GM: You pray. You feel internally satisfied.

Casper: Once done praying I raise my head and speak the the same priest once more, "What kind of problems?"

GM: "It's none of your concern."

Casper: "Of coarse, I did not mean to pry."

"Would you have any healing potions for sale in this temple?"

GM: "We would, if our supplier came through..."

Casper: "So there are supply issues? This wouldn't be related to the bandits on the island would it?"

GM: The priest shakes his head.

"Again, it's none of your concern."

Casper: (Would he know if I used read mind on him?)

GM: (If he uses magic, it's possible)

Casper: (If he uses magic? He's a priest for crying out loud! :p)

"I only ask because I was attack by bandits earlier this week."

GM: "That is surprisingly common on this island."

Casper: "Do you by chance know who might be the cause for all the bandit attacks as of late?"

GM: "No."

Casper: "And you have no healing potions at the moment?"

Casper: "Do you have any other services or good you might be able to offer?"

"Very well, may Sliros watch over you and this temple." I turn and leave.

GM: Streetwise check to find your way back to the party.

Casper: (Woot, I don't get left behind.)

That leaves Casper with 3 Gold, 16 Silvers, and 15 Coppers. And also gives Casper 4 steel knifes and a breastplate for defense. Casper also owns a new pair of pants, shirt and undergarments.

Okay, sorry for the lateness here, but Real Life intervened harshly, and I've had a rough couple of days.

Okay, so nobody leveled at the end of last session. Good news is, we get a log and quotes instead!

Click to reveal.. (QUOTES!!!)
Casper: "Where to then mighty leader sent by the gods named Xuan?"

Xuan: "HEIL!"

Iliau: "...we need to kill Xuan and get a sage in our group."

Harosh: "By admitting that you are untrustworthy, you invalidate your own argument."

Erika: "The customer is always right."

(Yes, that is supposed to make up for not getting a level. It's just that awesome. tongue )

Anyway, next session was supposed to be the 20th, but seeing how I'm running behind, I don't think that'll work. So, unless you want me improving most of the session (and we've all seen how well that works out for the party), you guys get to FILL IN THE CALENDAR. (Sorry if the size is obnoxious, but I wanted something attention-getting)

Finally, the site has been updated as well. See the link in my signature. On a related note, it took three different attempts to just get the synopsis page working... Apparently, my copy-paste skills need work.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Click to reveal.. (QUOTES!!!)
Casper: "Where to then mighty leader sent by the gods named Xuan?"
Xuan: "HEIL!"
Iliau: "...we need to kill Xuan and get a sage in our group."
Harosh: "By admitting that you are untrustworthy, you invalidate your own argument."
Erika: "The customer is always right."
What, only four of the quotes are about me? I must try harder!

Note to calendar posters: If you submit your name twice, the calendar only shows your second response (since it thinks you're updating, not trying to differentiate between times that are perfect and times that are iffy).

I bring it up because the calendar says that the closest thing we've got thusfar is the 2nd of May, but I received two e-mails about a single person. So I'm really hoping it's just an oddity of the calendar and not our actual best time thusfar.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
OKay, fun session with me playing Casper for Jewels. I only hope that Jewels was not attached to all the gold that Casper had cause I did a little (a lot) of shopping and spent most of it from some nice gear.

Sounds like exactly what I was going to do. Saved me the trouble so thanks.

Well, in case you haven't picked it up from the new posts in this thread, Brigandage is TOMORROW. See what happens when the party is completely and utterly screwed! tongue

Originally Posted By: Ulroth, Flamekeeper Archmage of Necromancy
Skarrifissk is the epitome of insanity. The island itself is a death-trap, two of their cities are battling each other, the finest city on the island is a den of thieves, Fort Tremerant brings xenophobia to an art form, and the less said about Nikorom, the better. If it wasn't for the Great Library at Ssareko Point, I'd write the whole island off as a loss. As it is, year after year, I have to send apprentices there and hope that at least a tenth of them come back.

Session is in 2 hours 36 minutes. So why the early redirect? Because there's been minor lag in spidwebRP2. Not taking chances, I've decided to move it to spidwebRP3.

So, in 2 hours and 36 minutes, make sure to use either the redirect or go to spidwebRP3.

Originally Posted By: Unattributed
When I was younger, I used to explore some of the abandoned ruins. Then, one time, I ran into a four-headed manticore. And I've stayed in town ever since.

*ding*

Click to reveal.. (Harosh, level 5)

Alignment: Distant

Race: Lacewing

Homeland: Ssareko Point

Deity: Liea

Strength: 3

Intelligence: 5

Health: 21/21

Stamina: 10/10

Magic (Transmutation): 6 (+2)

Magic (Divination): 1

Martial (Shovel): 2

Perception: 2

History: 3

Thievery: 1

Nature: 1

Click to reveal..
Name: Iliau
Race: Lacewing
Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 4

Health: 26/26
Stamina: 10/10

Magic (Conjuration): 6
Martial (Blunt object): 5

Nature: 3
Artifice: 2
Thievery: 1 (+1 racial bonus)
History: 1 (+1 racial bonus)

Dikiyoba will also be switching out a spell soon.

Click to reveal..

Casper

ATTRIBUTES
Level: 5
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5 +1
Speed: 5
Health: 22
Stamina: 10

SKILLS
Marital (Throwing Knives): 6
Magic (Divination): 3
Magic (Enchantment): 3
Streetwise: 3
Perception: 1
Bluff: 1

New spell:

* Track - When holding an item, a successful cast will give Casper a sense of how close and which direction the owner of the object is.

Allow me to summarize what's been happening since I made that last post.

APRIL 30TH - "Meh, I've got a lot of stuff to do, and Blood marsh is today. I'll work on it tomorrow."

MAY 1ST - "Okay, lists double-checked, everything appears in order, now to just save m- *power failure* "Aw, crap."

MAY 2ND - "Okay, let's get that list fini- WHAT DO YOU MEAN, INTERNET'S DOWN?!?"

MAY 3RD - "Okay, let's finally work on that list and- what's that noise?"

*cue seven hours of digging through the computer trying to figure out what the [censored] is making that grinding noise and wondering if his hard disk is about to die, followed by two hours of backing up data, and another of discovering that it's a dust-clogged fan he can't reach*

So... yeah. I'll need to put up a calendar as soon as I finish the other stuff, which will happen... at some point in the indeterminate future. Depends on if whatever twisted forces of fate decide to screw with me again.

Oh, and Xuan and Erika have yet to level up. So maybe it's for the best that it got temporarily delayed.

*Is listening to the fan grind with agitation*

For what it's worth, I could use a week off too... er, a week where I'm only responsible for one game, I mean? Damn.

(Also, compiled all of the quotes from this and the Dust Bowl thread, looking to update the site with the full list soon... some sort of revamp is probably in order. Is it bad that I want to do a newsletter or something with this stuff?)

I really hope that the dust clogged fan did not lead to an over heating of you computer. One of the fans in mine failed and that lead to both the hard drive over heating and making a grinding noise and also the logic board over heating and dying. Hard drives are cheap to replace but logic boards can be pricey.

Rowen: It's run hot, but I'm not sure if it's actually overheating or not... I'm getting a diagnostic tool now to keep an eye on it.

Anyway, it's the power supply fan that's the problem... Which means that, eventually, I'm going to need to find a way into the power supply to clean it out.

You might be able to clean it up with a can of compressed air. Open up your tower and spray the power supply from the intake side so that you are not blowing dust back into your computer.

If that does not work they you can take the power supply out and remove the fan for physical hand cleaning. This is rather simple but takes a while to do from opening the tower, pulling the supply out, getting the fan out, cleaning and then putting everything back together again.

No go. First off, it's not a tower. Second off, I've already tried it with no success. Third off, I didn't build this computer, and I've been unable to figure out how to actually tear this down enough to actually get the power supply out.

My next computer? Going to be a full tower with enough room to actually tinker around in, rather than a tiny little desktop model where everything's compressed together.

There is good news, though. According to my diagnostic software, the computer is not overheating. The Hard Disk and power supply is a little warmer than I'd care for, but not dangerously so. So for now, it's just annoying (And you could chill drinks on my CPU).

In other news:

Quote:
So... yeah. I'll need to put up a calendar as soon as I finish the other stuff, which will happen... at some point in the indeterminate future. Depends on if whatever twisted forces of fate decide to screw with me again.

Not two hours after I posted this, I got a call on my cell phone. I've got a job interview today. And in a small town like this, that's practically like saying, "You're hired."

Not complaining, but I have to admit. Good one, forces of fate. tongue